cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[RESOLVED] Select customers on Province-wide talk plans experiencing outbound call issues

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Most Recent Update

19:30 ET - March 19, 2019

Hey Community,

Earlier today we identified an issue affecting select customers on Province-wide talk plans in which outbound phone calls were unable to be placed. Inbound calling, texting and data services remained unaffected.

Our technical teams are implementing a solution which will restore outbound calling service to normal by early morning of March 20. No action is required on your behalf.

However, in the meantime, we have added a complimentary 400 minutes Long Distance Talk Add-On (includes calls to Canada & the U.S) for our affected customers, which you can use immediately and will allow you to make outbound calls. This Add-On will not expire as any unused minutes will roll over to your next cycle.

We understand that your service and staying connected is important and we sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused and thank you for your patience.

-Public Mobile Community Team

Updates

Please click the spoiler for a full history of this service issue to date.

Spoiler

13:30 ET - March 19, 2019

Hey Community,

We’ve identified an issue affecting select customers on Province-wide talk plans in which outbound phone calls are unable to placed. Currently, this looks to be isolated only to Quebec.

If you’re currently experiencing this issue, please note that inbound calling, texting, and data services remain unaffected. Meanwhile, wi-fi calling services and inbound calling may meet your talk needs temporarily.

Our technical team has identified the source of the issue and is working to restore service as quickly as possible. We will provide updates as we learn more.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused and thank you for your patience.

-Public Mobile Community Team

523 REPLIES 523

Manni22
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My data network is not working i still have 1000 mb left 

Corina81
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Anyone hear anything

Corina81

Anyone have any news

mik101
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

We need more info to help you.

Is this a new account, ported number, your location, phone model, are you seeing that you have service on the status bar of your phone etc? The more information you can provide, the more likely we will be to assist you. 🙂 Thanks!

Edit: I see Pizzaeh and diyarian got here first. Keep us posted!

Pizzaeh

@Frank46 wrote:

Can’t not make any call 

If you're in Quebec, there is a problem where customers cannot make outbound calls.  The mods are looking into this.  Please keep an eye on this forum for any updates.

diyariyan

Check the signal as Public mobile and if it is not the case, turn-off the phone, re-set the sim and reboot the phone... Enjoy...:)

Frank46

Can’t not make any call 

@Eric_1

Le problème concerne principalement les clients québécois bénéficiant d’un plan d’appel provincial.

Au moins les clients ne sont pas complètement dans le noir. Je crois comprendre que les appels entrants fonctionnent et que les appels 911 aux urgences sont toujours disponibles.

En attendant, si vous avez DATA ou WIFI, le moment est venu d'utiliser une application VOIP.

khalid5615

meme probleme, same issue!!

RIZHAS100

Hello,

I have a same a probleme, we need to make urgent calls.

I'M frustrated 😞

Pizzaeh

@PatriciaD wrote:

ahh that explains it.

I hope they fix it quickly as we need to make calls.

thanks for the reply

You're welcome @PatriciaD.

@Eric_1 wrote:

Jai un forfait appel ilimiter mais je ne peux plus passer dapel jaimerais savoir pourquois merci bien a vous

Si vous êtes au québec ..malheureusement il y a un bug pour votre problème avec PLUSIEURS clients...donc patience ils vont réussir à le réparer!Smiley Frustrated

PatriciaD

ahh that explains it.

I hope they fix it quickly as we need to make calls.

thanks for the reply

@PatriciaD wrote:

I am currently on the 25$ plan with unlimited province wide calling and unlimited international text.

If I try to make a call within the province I get a message your call cannot be completed as you do not have a long distance add on currently on your account.

please help

Nothing we can do here...customers like you..Be patient they will find the solution for the bug Smiley Frustrated

Pizzaeh

@PatriciaD wrote:

I am currently on the 25$ plan with unlimited province wide calling and unlimited international text.

If I try to make a call within the province I get a message your call cannot be completed as you do not have a long distance add on currently on your account.

please help

There is a problem with outbound calling, for customers in Quebec.  The mods have been alerted.  Please check this forum for updates.

PatriciaD

I have made calls in the past and never got this message, it just started this morning

PatriciaD

please help

Pizzaeh

@Eric_1 wrote:

Jai un forfait appel ilimiter mais je ne peux plus passer dapel jaimerais savoir pourquois merci bien a vous

Données illimitées, conversation ou texte?

Combien coûte votre plan?

Eric_1

@dhruv1003 wrote:

Hi there, 

Something I would suggest in the meantime if it is completely urgent for you to call is to use google hangouts from your phone to make the call. You will need access to data or WIFI. 

Not the best solution but it will help.

Or fongo.com.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

ApatheticFloW
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Guess it started yesterday for you,but this morning it has affected many other customers mainly Quebec customers, but I can't speak for the rest of Canada.

Here is my thread from this morning pertaining to the same issue you seem to be having. The only difference is ur from Ontario and it affected you yesterday and I'm from Quebec and everything was fine until this morning. Mind you it probably started earlier on, but I only  noticed this problem this morning.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/Can-t-make-local-calls/m-p/339273#M87056 

Superpat20

Yes in quebec

Lochness

I also live in Montreal and share the same problem.  I haven't changed my plan nor my phone and have only tried to contact local numbers I have called countless times before.  Restarting my phone did not resolve the issue, so I PMd the Moderators as well.

I hope this gets resolved soon~

jDr0id
Same issue here......

Corina81

I have the same issue can recieve and text its annoying i sent them a message now we just have to wait 

dhruv1003

Hi there, 

Something I would suggest in the meantime if it is completely urgent for you to call is to use google hangouts from your phone to make the call. You will need access to data or WIFI. 

Not the best solution but it will help.

dhruv1003

Local outages would cause this kind of issue. If you havent changed anything on your phone and you have restarted your phone then there might be nothing you can do. Just keep patience till the Mods can resolve the issue. 

mtlphone

I have the same problem. Seems to be a network issue. Can receive calls but can't make them. I have a 438 number as well and can't even call Montreal numbers. 

@ApatheticFloW

The problem is affecting many Quebec customers with province wide calling.

With all these messages, I'm sure MODs are aware of the problem, Let them work on it.

Continue to check the announcements. It would be nice if they made announcements to keep their loyal customers informed and up-to-date of the situation.

At least customers are not completely in the dark. My understanding is incoming calls are working and calls to 911 emergency are always available.

Meanwhile, if you have DATA or WIFI, now is a good time to use a VOIP app.

mh1983

@CS_Agent can you take a look, please?

Need Help? Let's chat.