Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Public Points Joining Confirmation Email - Jan 24

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Hey Community, 

We’ve been notified that some customers received an email confirming their switch to Public Points, our new Rewards program that is launching tomorrow.  If you have received this email, please disregard it. You will not be switched to Public Points automatically - joining Public Points is optional for all existing Public Mobile customers.

This email was triggered accidentally, due to back-end testing and preparation before the official launch date. Not to worry, you will have the opportunity to switch over, if you choose, when we launch Public Points. 

Note:You will also receive another email from us that will confirm that you have not been switched to Public Points, and that you should disregard the email sent in error. We apologize for the mix-up!  

Thank you,

- Public Mobile Team 

383 REPLIES 383

@alfie01201 wrote:

I was sent a message that I have the option to switch to points, yet received another messages that states " Thanks you so much for switching to our new Public Points rewards program on."  At this point I have not switched over and would still like my option to do so in the future if I decide to switch over.

@alfie01201 - see the announcement made about the communication error, for your reference, here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Public-Points-Joining-Confirmation-Emai...

You will need to actually OPT IN to this. You not going to be switched over automatically.

alfie01201
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Ok thanks for the reply

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

The email was sent by n error. You have not been switched. It is optional for just in customers you need to opt in

alfie01201

I was sent a message that I have the option to switch to points, yet received another messages that states " Thanks you so much for switching to our new Public Points rewards program on."  At this point I have not switched over and would still like my option to do so in the future if I decide to switch over.

@Stevegagnemtl 

This was an accidentally sent out email when they were testing the roll out. You should have gotten a follow up email apologizing for the error. There is also an announcement on the landing page addressing the error email. The new rewards account login page is up and running. Or you can access the rewards account login from your self serve account and you will be able to check and confirm that you have not been enrolled without your permission.

Edit:

You can check here...

https://publicmobile.ca/myrewards

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

@Stevegagnemtl 

It was sent in error, you are not on the new points program.

See this announcement:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Public-Points-Joining-Confirmation-Emai...

Stevegagnemtl
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

This BETTER be a glitch or I'm out!

Stevegagnemtl

I've received an email introducing the new points program and saying it was an option for existing customers and I never made any change to my account since at least 2 months ago. 

So why in gods name did they add me on their new xxxxxxxxx points program when I never gave them my conscent?. I want to go back to the old reward system or I'm going with fido or rogers.

Greg45
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Completely agree - this is a scam and I am worried about members giving up their current rewards for what is basically a MAGA proposal to the stupid. 

I currently receive a 24% discount monthly ($6 off of a $25/pkg), why would I want to switch to a 5% rebate that I have to manage within 90 days?

@imayuk wrote:

Not just $2. To break it down in more detail:

At the end of first year it would be 10 pt vs $0 loyalty 

At the end of second year it would be 10 pt vs $12

Third year 10 pt vs $24

And so on.. 

Oh yeah, you're right... so no more $5/off per 30 days after 5 years... just $10 each year forever... that's a huge step back.

My referrals are going to be much harder to get going forward methinks... 😭

imayuk

Not just $2. To break it down in more detail:

At the end of first year it would be 10 pt vs $0 loyalty 

At the end of second year it would be 10 pt vs $12

Third year 10 pt vs $24

And so on.. 

@imayuk wrote:

Actually not quite. You haven't taken into account the stackable loyalty and referral rewards. The new point system only rewards 10points a year + 1pt a month. So roughly 22 pts a year. The old system rewards essentially an additional $12 every year. up to your total bill amount. Plus any referral reward. 

Ah yeah, looking at loyalty I see only $10 worth of "points" for each full year of loyalty after the first year (instead of $1, so $2 less per year on the loyalty category too...

imayuk

Actually not quite. You haven't taken into account the stackable loyalty and referral rewards. The new point system only rewards 10points a year + 1pt a month. So roughly 22 pts a year. The old system rewards essentially an additional $12 every year. up to your total bill amount. Plus any referral reward. 

@Double_J wrote:

Guys DO NOT SWITCH TO THIS NEW POINTS PROGRAM.  The new program is a major scam.  It is basically worthless and you will start spending a lot more money with these crooks.  

Time to switch to another provider.  Public Mobile is now garbage.  They are trying to trick you with 5 Points.  Its WORTHLESS.

If you are on the $40 plan or higher, the new points system will benefit you more than the previous system.

If you are on a plan lower than $40, the old plan benefits you better.

The only difference I see is that the auto-pay bonus is now a 5% cashback, which means as little as 75 cents on the $15 plan, where it used to be $2.00.

makkahn28
Mayor / Maire

If only PM can afterwards, introduce some more practical features, like 5G, VoLTE, just these and that would make a difference

dna2016
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Thanks for advising that it was an error. Was a bit nervous when I saw that email.  At first I was thinking "wow that's a complete 180 degree change from what we were originally told", but then figured it must be a mistake and will be addressed in the Community. 

But best believe I'll definitely be checking My Account periodically now.  That trust might slowly start to erode.

f15eagleger

And most importantly "Public Mobile may at any time.......(c) on sixty (60) days’ written prior notice to you terminate the Program". So essentially by them getting you off the old rewards program and onto this new one, they have a way to pretty much get rid of any rewards you might have been entitled to in the past. This new rewards program makes zero sense. 

@shimdog wrote:

I'm failing to understand how this new reward system is beneficial at all. After using up the initial loyalty perks, it essentially becomes only a dollar off of each month moving forwards. The 5% back is only better than auto pay for people who pay $40 or more for their plan. If public mobile wants to change the reward system it should actually be changed to benefit customers. In this case, they're coming up with a way that new customers will get less rewards and they are still marketing it as a benefit for customers.

darkomega
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@emad wrote:

Yes, it’s $9 cheaper per year, but, LM has Other features that PM doesn’t have like WiFi calling, mobile app, reduced data speed after finishing the data quote,and phone support.

The old rewards system, save $24 first year, $84 from year 5. No other provider can beat that and made PM unique.

Well, hopefully, they'll quickly refine the program, otherwise ill probably leave for LM, at least their slow speed data is the most stable out of the other flanker brands, but I'm not feeling pessimistic about all of this, at least they have finally opened a dialogue with us on all of this, sure they are pushing through an early version of this new program, but they usually do listen to feedback pretty quickly, i expect many quick amendments to happen to meet us in the middle at least.

emad

Yes, it’s $9 cheaper per year, but, LM has Other features that PM doesn’t have like WiFi calling, mobile app, reduced data speed after finishing the data quote,and phone support.

The old rewards system, save $24 first year, $84 from year 5. No other provider can beat that and made PM unique.

Bullet77

I have had 3 emails today already. The first one telling me about and how it works. The second just gave me 5 points as a free holiday reward. And the third telling me it is an optional plan that I can join.  So it sounds like they have stopped sending emails on the backend yet. 3 emails over 9 hour period

darkomega

@emad wrote:

I was planning to join PM of $15 plan ($13 with AutoPay), however,  With the new PM point system, what will be the benefit for anyone to join PM instead of Lucky Mobile?

It's still cheaper than the rest of them, just not as cheap apparently on lower plans, if people's math is to be believed. 

emad

I was planning to join PM of $15 plan ($13 with AutoPay), however,  With the new PM point system, what will be the benefit for anyone to join PM instead of Lucky Mobile?

Mystery

Wow...that email error is worth giving my two cents about it!!  Classy, PM!

Or should I say I'll give my two points....I'll keep my cents and Rewards over any points system created. 

mitchnet12

After scrolling through this thread, it's been a successful test to make sure that our e-mail addresses are correct, working, and that the e-mail would it through the spam filter!

WoozyPolarBear

Removed by user

Justlikeme

I am pasting this response that was previously posted because it applies to me as well 

I have read the notice advising of the email mistake and I have this response just in case the email is a notice that could enact through non-response; I am notifying that I do not consent to any new system including but not limited to this new Points system. 

Thank you

WoozyPolarBear

Removed by user

0PX9O4
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I agree with that take @shimdog 

It may be best to stick with the old rewards program.

shimdog

I'm failing to understand how this new reward system is beneficial at all. After using up the initial loyalty perks, it essentially becomes only a dollar off of each month moving forwards. The 5% back is only better than auto pay for people who pay $40 or more for their plan. If public mobile wants to change the reward system it should actually be changed to benefit customers. In this case, they're coming up with a way that new customers will get less rewards and they are still marketing it as a benefit for customers.

on2wheels

We need someone to crunch the numbers for us to see what would change over the course of a year if we were on the new point system.  But from reading the fine print it looks like we can stay on our existing reward plan and new customers will be on the new system by default in the future.

Need Help? Let's chat.