Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Public Points Joining Confirmation Email - Jan 24

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Hey Community, 

We’ve been notified that some customers received an email confirming their switch to Public Points, our new Rewards program that is launching tomorrow.  If you have received this email, please disregard it. You will not be switched to Public Points automatically - joining Public Points is optional for all existing Public Mobile customers.

This email was triggered accidentally, due to back-end testing and preparation before the official launch date. Not to worry, you will have the opportunity to switch over, if you choose, when we launch Public Points. 

Note:You will also receive another email from us that will confirm that you have not been switched to Public Points, and that you should disregard the email sent in error. We apologize for the mix-up!  

Thank you,

- Public Mobile Team 

383 REPLIES 383

0PX9O4
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@chibuntam 

Don't worry, the email was sent in error, we are all still on the old system. See this thread for official confirmation: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Public-Points-Joining-Confirmation-Emai...

chibuntam
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just received email today that I switch to the new point system which I did not ask for.  I want to keep the old system 

Zyl
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Eway wrote:

I received an email notified me that I was switched to the new Public Points Rewards program.   I don’t want to switch to the new Public Points Rewards, I want to keep my old Rewards program.  Please rectify and let me know that I am remaining in the old Rewards program. 

Apparently this is an error.  The Community Manager @J_PM from Public Mobile has already made an announcement in an update to the publication of the Public Points System.  The emails were sent out during their testing in the back-end system.  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Update-Introducing-Public-Points/td-p/7...

BeachNBeer

Disregard it was an error. The announcement point thread has already Been updated

Anonymous
Not applicable

It was sent in error. Ignore.

Sniffles

like everyone else, just an error but was really impressed with PM quick personal replay. Thanks PM!!

Eway

I received an email notified me that I was switched to the new Public Points Rewards program.   I don’t want to switch to the new Public Points Rewards, I want to keep my old Rewards program.  Please rectify and let me know that I am remaining in the old Rewards program. 

chrisc42
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Yeah, it was a super quick reply.

They added an update to their post about the points program here https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Update-Introducing-Public-Points/td-p/7...

Anonymous
Not applicable

@J_PM : I think the company needs to have a close look at your technical team. Things should not be tested on a live system. You have paying customers here. You had the recent problem with the suspended accounts notice. One could even throw in the KOODO REAPPROV issue on the pile. Now this.

Does the company even _have_ a test environment? Or is this it?

But thank you for the quick response.

per the Community Mangers post in another thread

@J_PM wrote:

Hi @David,

Sorry about that! You are not enrolled in Public Points. The email you received, was triggered accidentally due to testing before launch. You will have the opportunity to opt-in the new program, if you choose, when we launch.  

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

As per the Community Managers post in another thread

@J_PM wrote:

Hi @David,

Sorry about that! You are not enrolled in Public Points. The email you received, was triggered accidentally due to testing before launch. You will have the opportunity to opt-in the new program, if you choose, when we launch.  

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

David

Very good!

Thank you @J_PM , this is what I wanted to hear 🙂

Memaw1416

Same, I read the first email then got a follow up email thanking me.. I didn’t sign anything and am happy with my current rewards.

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Hi @David,

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm astonished at the speed of a response. From history, response has been dismal. So this is a good sign. Hopefully they will keep it up. It would be more noticeable if they were to insert a post in the thread saying they updated the OP.

But all good.

@Anonymous wrote:

@hTideGnow : I don't think that's fair. A few days ago we had that shamozzle of notices about suspended accounts. Now this. PM has some serious flaws in their IT team where they can't grasp the significance of testing things on a test site instead of the live system.

back-end testing... So, they are testing in PROD.    I wonder if they have a PAT environment 🤔

HI All, announcement made already
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Update-Introducing-Public-Points/td-p/7...

[Update]

Hey everyone! Some of you may have received an email welcoming your switch to Public Points. Important: We want to assure you that no one has been switched onto Public Points. This email was accidentally triggered due to back-end testing/prep for launch. Not to worry, you will have the opportunity to switch over, if you choose, once we've launched Public Points. 

- Public Mobile Team 

It was a mistake.5B5BCDD5-D016-45BA-ABA5-92C0AE08A414.png

chrisc42

I got a quick reply from the CS Agent confirming that this email was sent in error, that I'm not actually enrolled, that my current rewards are not changing at all, and that the new program remains opt-in.

Zyl

@David   Apparently this is an error.  The Community Manager @Jade_S from Public Mobile is aware of this error and an announcement regarding this will be made shortly, as per @Dunkman.  

From the body of the email, it looks like it's just an invitation to existing members to join but the heading that states "you have been switched" is probably for a different email that would be sent if you have decided to switch, looks to me.  

It was a mistake.

EE4F54B0-1950-41C0-AA5A-AF0A6B7813FE.png

Zyl

@chrisc42  Apparently this is an error.  The Community Manager @J_PM from Public Mobile is aware of this error and an announcement regarding this will be made shortly, as per @Dunkman.  

From the body of the email, it looks like it's just an invitation to existing members to join but the heading that states "you have been switched" is probably for a different email that would be sent if you have decided to switch, looks to me.  

Sorry @Stews it was a mistake.

4A8A8EDB-FFE0-4319-8BBA-FAD1E6504D2E.png

0PX9O4

@Stews 

We're awaiting an official explanation from PM, but as of now we think it's an email that was sent in error. See the other threads that were created on this topic within the last hour.

You can always send a private message to CS_Agent if you're looking for an official answer.

Zyl

@Munja   Apparently this is an error.  The Community Manager @Jade_S from Public Mobile is aware of this error and an announcement regarding this will be made shortly, as per @Dunkman.  

Zyl

@Stews @BrentKilboy , apparently this is an error.  The Community Manager @Jade_S from Public Mobile is aware of this error and an announcement regarding this will be made shortly, as per @Dunkman.  

Stews

I received an email from PM saying "

Thank you so much for switching to our new Public Points™ rewards program.

We set you up with a welcome bonus of 5 Public Points – it’s just our way of saying thanks.
Here’s what to expect: Bla Bla Bla...   

I didn't consent to switching nor do I have any plans to switch. 

The original email from PM stated "If you decide not to join, your current Rewards will remain the same.
You’ll continue to earn in the same ways, and save the same amount." 

Please let me know why I have been auto switched to "Public Points"?   thank you

0PX9O4

@Munja 

We're awaiting an official explanation from PM, but as of now we think it's an email that was sent in error. See the other threads that were created on this topic within the last hour

Munja

Why was I transferred over to the points program?  I didn't choose 

Need Help? Let's chat.