cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Re: Public Mobile SIMs available for sale on Amazon!

Well done Public Mobile and you have thought outside the box. You have done a fantastic job by venturing with Amazon.

Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Congratulations Public Mobile. Huge convenience to newcomers. 

Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Shipping kills the deal. Should have been included.

The point of Amazon is for people who already have Amazon Prime and enjoy getting it two days or less free of charge!  If it’s just free shipping and a SIM that you want, just order from Public Mobile directly.

Also, people ordering from Amazon may pay extra taxes.  People of Ontario already pay the same amount and anyone who doesn’t have PST or HST won’t be affected but Amazon will charge you PST or HST, while Public Mobile will only charge GST anywhere outside of Ontario.

Mayor / Maire

Very huge step as it increases availability for many people (even non-Canadians)

Cat Happy

Mayor / Maire

@sa7375 

The "Alvina" is a brand new seller account with no history and unknown inventory levels (could simply be reselling a single SIM they changed mind about using)

At $10 (incl shipping) Alvina is selling at a loss so unless Alvina is a cellular store with large inventory the comparison is irrelevant

@sa7375 wrote:

@Alan_K 

Great idea but with the added shipping the cost at Amazon ads to $15.85 (see snapshot pasted below). Ideally it should be competitive if one was to buy it from PM direct.

Interestingly, another seller at Amazon (Alvina) is pricing the SIM at $3.02 + shipping $6.98 = $10,00 total makes it logical (see 2nd snapshot). 

Suggestion. PM should price its SIM on the same lines as Alivna to make it competitive. 

SIM at Amazon-2.jpg

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

are you sure people outside the centre of the universe pat GST only? source? i live in BC and i paid $11.19 for a PM sim card. that is GST + PST

Public Mobile

That is AMAZING! I bet the SIMs are fulfilled by Amazon, right?

@Alan_K wrote:

@sa7375 wrote:

@Alan_K 

Great idea but with the added shipping the cost at Amazon ads to $15.85 (see snapshot pasted below). Ideally it should be competitive if one was to buy it from PM direct.

Interestingly, another seller at Amazon (Alvina) is pricing the SIM at $3.02 + shipping $6.98 = $10,00 total makes it logical (see 2nd snapshot). 

Suggestion. PM should price its SIM on the same lines as Alivna to make it competitive. 

SIM at Amazon.jpg

SIM at Amazon-2.jpg

Hi @sa7375 , the SIM is $10 and shipping is free if you have a purchase basket of $35, or if you're a Prime member. While we'd love to align all our options at Amazon to $10, Amazon provides some added benefits and scale compared to regular Canada Post service. Note that we still offer free shipping via Shopify Smiley Happy

We always recommend doing business with authorized dealers to ensure authenticity of your SIM card and other purchase safety benefits.

@Alan_K 

No debate if a user picks up the options (Prime or $35 shopping cart) you mention. I highlighted the discrepancy for one and just one reason alone that the optics of PM must look as good — or even better — than any of its competitors. Perhaps you'll appreciate that a person opting for PM services is likely to be a cost-conscious client and may not feel good about a $5 anomaly.

At the end of the day though you are a better judge to decide what policy to implement.

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@will13am wrote:

This will be fantastic for universalizing the brand.  I assume that shipping will be international and not just to Canada.  

I was under the impression that Telus/PM was only in Canada.