cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Public Mobile

Re: Public Mobile SIMs available for sale on Amazon!

@sa7375 wrote:

@Alan_K 

Great idea but with the added shipping the cost at Amazon ads to $15.85 (see snapshot pasted below). Ideally it should be competitive if one was to buy it from PM direct.

Interestingly, another seller at Amazon (Alvina) is pricing the SIM at $3.02 + shipping $6.98 = $10,00 total makes it logical (see 2nd snapshot). 

Suggestion. PM should price its SIM on the same lines as Alivna to make it competitive. 

SIM at Amazon.jpg

SIM at Amazon-2.jpg

Hi @sa7375 , the SIM is $10 and shipping is free if you have a purchase basket of $35, or if you're a Prime member. While we'd love to align all our options at Amazon to $10, Amazon provides some added benefits and scale compared to regular Canada Post service. Note that we still offer free shipping via Shopify Smiley Happy

We always recommend doing business with authorized dealers to ensure authenticity of your SIM card and other purchase safety benefits.

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Most people don't buy a single item when they order from Amazon. Doesn't take long to get to free shipping. Not sure if it's in the plan, but it would be a great opportunity for advertising on checkout. Imagine having a 75 dollar cell plan and you see for $10, you can unlock the door to a much cheaper solution. Easy impulse purchase. I'm finding out that very few people know their options in the marketplace, but mostof them feel their current price is too high.

Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Great News! Partnership bring good synergy.

Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

It will be great if the SIM doesn't work. 

Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

WOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW, this is a huge step.  Amazing job PM on continually finding ways to simplify the customer experience.  This is hopefully the beginning of the end of Walmart complaints, lol.

Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Good move to increase options. 

Congrats!! This is great news! I have Amazon Prime, so I would get it really fast, and it woudln't cost me any extra Smiley Very Happy

For friends and family I refer in the future, I may offer to order for them and have Amazon deliver it to them for their convenience. Thanks!

@Alan_K wrote:

@sa7375 wrote:

@Alan_K 

Great idea but with the added shipping the cost at Amazon ads to $15.85 

Suggestion. PM should price its SIM on the same lines as Alivna to make it competitive. 

SIM at Amazon.jpg

SIM at Amazon-2.jpg

Hi @sa7375 , the SIM is $10 and shipping is free if you have a purchase basket of $35, or if you're a Prime member. While we'd love to align all our options at Amazon to $10, Amazon provides some added benefits and scale compared to regular Canada Post service. Note that we still offer free shipping via Shopify Smiley Happy

We always recommend doing business with authorized dealers to ensure authenticity of your SIM card and other purchase safety benefits.

Are there any plans to sell on Amazon but skip the Amazon fulfilment?   Fulfilled by Amazon works great for Prime members who will get next day delivery, but for those who purchase $35 worth of product from Amazon, free standard shipping can be outright slow.

Amazon tends to use the equivalent of Canada Post Expedited (vs. Xpresspost that Public Mobile uses) for free standard shipping orders, and will sometimes sit on an order a week or two before sending it out.

Since these orders are being fulfilled by Amazon, returns will be possible.  If Amazon were to ask the customer to physically return the sim card,  are there steps in place to ensure such a sim card doesn't get resold to the next person?  I know that Amazon would not sell a sim card again if it appeared to be used, but there are times when a sim card could appear to be unused and never taken out of the package, but actually be activated.

I've noticed another product listing for Public Mobile sim cards that says "Ships from and sold by Amazon.ca".  I do wonder if there is a possiblity of of these getting bundled in with cell phone devices sold directly by Amazon that have been confirmed to work with Public Mobile. 

Not that I am against Amazon, but eBay seems to be the go to place to order SIM cards.  Free shipping with no restrictions.  An independent seller is offering SIM cards for $8.  https://www.ebay.ca/itm/New-Public-Mobile-Regular-Micro-Nano-3in1-Prepaid-Sim-Card-4G-LTE-Canada-Tra...

@sunflowershine wrote:

It will be great if the SIM doesn't work. 

This is where having Amazon fill the order will have come in handy.  The customer can go through Amazon's automated return process or call into Amazon customer service to get a replacement.