cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Public Mobile SIMs available for sale on Amazon!

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hey Community,

As you know, we’ve been on a journey over the last few years, expanding the many places Canadians can find, buy and activate on Public Mobile. Today, we’re excited to announce that our SIM cards can now be purchased directly from Amazon.ca!  If you’re looking for added convenience or extra-speedy delivery, this route may be for you. Sweet!

Perks of buying from Amazon

• Simple and convenient buying platform 
  • Amazon-supported order tracking + payment/refund solutions
  • Enjoy free shipping as an Amazon Prime user OR with a minimum purchase amount

To purchase a SIM from Amazon, visit this link. Don’t forget to rate us and give us a review while you’re at it 🙂

You can still order a SIM from Publicmobile.ca HERE with free shipping if Amazon isn’t for you.

-Public Mobile Community Team

88 REPLIES 88

ped
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Good information. I guess I was just thinking about my Mom who lives out of town (not too far) but is not very mobile and does not drive. Amazon would probably be faster in her case.

@ped wrote:

Great for people living in rural areas!

How so?  Public Mobile already ships sim cards to any Canadian addrress.  Having these sim cards on Amazon simply provides and option for next day delivery.  However, if you're in that rural of an area, next day delivery wouldn't be available.

ped

Great for people living in rural areas!

OKNitro
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Great news. Im a Prime member as well. 

But really, PM sent my card just a fast as Prime would! Kudos to both!

Poogzley
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Alan_K It is about time! You should also sell the top-up codes on Amazon. 

Can we expect any special offers on Prime Day?

@Poogzley they did give out free SIMS a few years ago with no strings attached.. but the stopped it.. However Public Mobile booths and some Walmarts give away SIM cards with activation.

Poogzley

@ShawnC13 wrote:

Wow this is a pretty big step!!  Prime as well why order online lol.  Actually unless retail is giving free sims I wouldn't even go to them now that Amazon has them

Do they actually give out free sims? I never saw them do that before...

Ice1

nice to see that now we have more than one way to get the sim...

Thanks for the update @Alan_K 

TheGx
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I never use amazon or ebay, but this is obviously good for Public to offer products through any other retailers they can.

On the amazon.ca website posted dates are July 15th-16th.

@tianamkaichan wrote:

When’s Prime day!!! Need to know hahha

Unless you believe that there will be a special price on the Prime membership on those 2 days, I can't see that really making difference when it comes to ordering a sim card.  The first 30 days of Amazon Prime are free and customers can join or cancel any time.  And, if you're going to wait around for Prime Day, I'm sure Public Mobile can get you a sim card before that if your order from publicmobile.ca.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@tianamkaichan wrote:

See here:  https://lmgtfy.com/?q=when+is+prime+day+2019+in+Canada%3F

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

tianamkaichan

kelvarnsen

@BEER wrote:

@SD08 wrote:

@BEER wrote:

Another idea that would help increase PM accounts would be to just offer FREE Sims. By offering free Sims sceptical persons would be able to try out PM and consequently discover that it's a great service equal to the best of the rest.

PM used to offer free SIMs but they stopped that in late 2016 because they found that only 35% of SIMs were getting activated.

35% is a very acceptable return --- just imagine if you were selling a product and in response to a mailing of inexpensive plastic cards 35% of your target customers bought your product or service -( in other words 1 out of 3 persons you contacted bought your product) -- you would get rich!

That does sound really good. For people who were around in the 90's imagine if 35% of all those AOL cd's distributed actually got people to sign up.  I don't think AOL had anywhere near that success rate and their free discs were considered a success.

BEER
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@SD08 wrote:

@BEER wrote:

Another idea that would help increase PM accounts would be to just offer FREE Sims. By offering free Sims sceptical persons would be able to try out PM and consequently discover that it's a great service equal to the best of the rest.

PM used to offer free SIMs but they stopped that in late 2016 because they found that only 35% of SIMs were getting activated.

35% is a very acceptable return --- just imagine if you were selling a product and in response to a mailing of inexpensive plastic cards 35% of your target customers bought your product or service -( in other words 1 out of 3 persons you contacted bought your product) -- you would get rich!

MoreYummy
Mayor / Maire

This option is good.  Opens up alot. Smiley Happy

@AE_Collector wrote:

The $4.03 Amazon shipping is just to cover the cost of the 4 cubic foot box the SIM will be shipped in!  🙂

Terry

I was really just joking about the frequent complaint about the ridiculous amount and size of packaging from Amazon. Then the box is full of wrap and air pillows. Thought a little tiny sim card in a huge box was a good visual!

Terry

kelvarnsen

@computergeek541 wrote:

@AE_Collector wrote:

The $4.03 Amazon shipping us to cover the cost of the 4 cubic foot box it will be shipped in!  🙂

Terry

There are ways around that.  Sign up to Amazon Prime 30 day trial, await next day shipment of Public Mobile sim card, and then cancel Amazon Prime membership before you get billed for it.

You might also be able to combine your order with something that hasn't been released yet to get over the free shipping threshold. Like you order a SIM card and then Avengers Endgame (which doesn't come out until August).  Then cancel the order once the SIM shipps but before Endgame is released. I have heard this works for add-on items, not sure about free shipping.

Or you could just make friends with someone who has prime, and get them to make the order for you. A prime member can order something and have it shipped for free to someone else's address.

@AE_Collector wrote:

The $4.03 Amazon shipping us to cover the cost of the 4 cubic foot box it will be shipped in!  🙂

Terry

There are ways around that.  Sign up to Amazon Prime 30 day trial, await next day shipment of Public Mobile sim card, and then cancel Amazon Prime membership before you get billed for it.

If don't want to have to do that, the old fashioned ways of purchasing in-store or through the Public Mobile website are still available.

There are times when a customer might want to add a sim card to an order shipped by Amazon to bring the order up the $35 mark for free shipping.  For those times, I'm curious which warehouse Amazon will be shipping out of, or if the sim cards will be scattered throughout the country.  Amazon free shipping (non-prime) shipping times can be all over the place, but there are time that these types of orders are shipped on the same day as ordered, and if shipped from a local warehouse could still arrive next day even without Prime.

The $4.03 Amazon shipping is just to cover the cost of the 4 cubic foot box the SIM will be shipped in!  🙂

Terry

International visitors get SIM before landing so they are guaranteed service + can tell others their temporary number beforehand

@BEER wrote:

@will13am wrote:

This will be fantastic for universalizing the brand.  I assume that shipping will be international and not just to Canada.  

I was under the impression that Telus/PM was only in Canada. 

zfx
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

How I wish I can buy this sim card at Dollarama for $4...

I mean at least sell it for a discount price like $8 on Amazon would be great

SD08

@ChuckYeah wrote:

Could you have a referral number attached to Amazon for the $10 referral credit? That would make it virtually free!

It's the official PM SIM sales channel on Amazon we're talking about here, not an independent seller, so how would that work? In addition to the obvious privacy issue, whose number would they even choose to attach as the referrer?  Sorry, but this isn't a practical idea and it's also unnecessary.  When someone needs a referrer to get the $10 credit, it's not hard at all to find one in less time than it takes to order a SIM card.

or alteratively, they could use mine, lol.

Could you have a referral number attached to Amazon for the $10 referral credit? That would make it virtually free!

SD08

@BEER wrote:

BEER

sa7375

@kav2001c wrote:

@sa7375 

The "Alvina" is a brand new seller account with no history and unknown inventory levels (could simply be reselling a single SIM they changed mind about using)

At $10 (incl shipping) Alvina is selling at a loss so unless Alvina is a cellular store with large inventory the comparison is irrelevant

@sa7375 wrote:

@Alan_K 

Great idea but with the added shipping the cost at Amazon ads to $15.85 (see snapshot pasted below). Ideally it should be competitive if one was to buy it from PM direct.

Interestingly, another seller at Amazon (Alvina) is pricing the SIM at $3.02 + shipping $6.98 = $10,00 total makes it logical (see 2nd snapshot). 

Suggestion. PM should price its SIM on the same lines as Alivna to make it competitive. 

SIM at Amazon-2.jpg

@kav2001c 

Indeed it could well be as you say, but I wouldn't like PM to look bad (higher) on prices on Amazon — for whatever the reason. 

BEER

@PMFanatic wrote:

Awesome! I'm a fanatic of Amazon too. Combining two great online services ==> genius!!! Smiley Happy

Now if one already has one or two PM accounts why would this be "awesome"?

BEER

@will13am wrote:

This will be fantastic for universalizing the brand.  I assume that shipping will be international and not just to Canada.  

I was under the impression that Telus/PM was only in Canada. 

Need Help? Let's chat.