Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Re: [Price Change]: 200MB Data Add-on Now $5

@LurganIeUk wrote:

@pm-smayer97 wrote:

@darlicious wrote:

@Noah1 

If you added your wish to the list then i think it came true! 1000 free add on minutes and 1gb data add on to boot. That makes the $15 PLAN pretty darn cheap!

And all we now need is a texting add-on to round this all out... have your say and cast your vote here:

How about a Texting Add-On?

Whaaaaaaat?? Don’t all plans have unlimited international texting?

The current plans do, but there have been plans in the past that did not.

Mayor / Maire

@LurganIeUk 

The 50/50 $10 plan eliminated last October has 50 anytime minutes and 50 outgoing texts.

Highlighted
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@darlicious wrote:

@LurganIeUk 

The 50/50 $10 plan eliminated last October has 50 anytime minutes and 50 outgoing texts.

Got it! I haven’t been around long enough to know what “older” plans some could be on. But would there not be a comparable plan to move to for the unlimited texted? Or is the old plan REAL GOOD  except for texting?

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@LurganIeUk wrote:

@darlicious wrote:

@LurganIeUk 

Got it! I haven’t been around long enough to know what “older” plans some could be on. But would there not be a comparable plan to move to for the unlimited texted? Or is the old plan REAL GOOD  except for texting?

The discontinued $10 plan actually also included unlimited incoming texts and with options to add the add-on mins or data which would default to 4G speed, it's quite an attractive plan and many people weren't too pleased when it was announced that it was going to be retired.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

I don't really know that I would expect them to offer a text add-on that Is only of use on the $10 plan that was discontinued almost a year ago. And further to that, the $10 plan on its own really would have been targeted at emergency & very low usage customers which for the most part aren’t people who would be texting. A move up to the $15 plan seems like the reasonable Solution to this need. All IMHO of course.

AE_Collector

Highlighted
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@AE_Collector wrote:

I don't really know that I would expect them to offer a text add-on that Is only of use on the $10 plan that was discontinued almost a year ago. And further to that, the $10 plan on its own really would have been targeted at emergency & very low usage customers which for the most part aren’t people who would be texting. A move up to the $15 plan seems like the reasonable Solution to this need. All IMHO of course.

AE_Collector

The $10 plan is STILL being used my many as it was quite popular...at one point we had 14 of these that got shared around...all still in use but we now have 5 just for our immediate family circle.

And that IS the whole point of an add-on...for those that do not have a large need but still have an occasional need. We do not often need more than 50 text per month, but on occasion we do but there is no path for us. We are not alone. The $15 plan x 5 is more than we need since it is not frequent enough.

And as stated before, moving to the $15 plan causes you to lose access to LTE data add-ons...they become simply 3G.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

This is great news for those who do not use much data (gps, maps, email etc) as data will roll over unused portion