Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FLASH SALE: Get your second month FREE when you activate

Catherine_T
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey Community, 

Effective immediately until August 3rd at 11:59PM ET, we are offering your second month free when you activate on any plan online or in-store! This will be applied as an account credit and the offer is available to new customers only. 

How to Get this Offer: 

• Click here to order a SIM card online through Public Mobile (shipping time is 3 to 7 business days) or order through Amazon and choose your shipping speed. Alternatively, you can purchase a SIM card by locating a retailer near you
  • Activate in-store or visit activate.publicmobile.ca to activate at home on any plan by August 3, 2020 11:59PM ET
  • Eligible customers will be provided the account credit within 30 business days. 
  • The credit value that you will receive will be equal to the price of the rate plan on which you activated your SIM card. This credit will cover the rate plan cost only. It will not cover additional costs such as Add-Ons.
  • Eligible customers will be credited the 30-day rate plan amount within 30 business days. These credits will count towards your next plan renewal.
  • You will not need to top-up your account at your first renewal date, unless you purchase Add-Ons, change or future-date your plan to a more expensive plan during the first 30 days. Note that, if you have registered for AutoPay, you will continue to receive your $2 AutoPay reward every 30 days. All Reward rules, which can be found at publicmobile.ca/rewardrules, apply.  
  • This offer is not stackable with other in-market promotions

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

- The Public Mobile Community Team

83 REPLIES 83

Thanks!!! I think I have signed up with 2 emails for promotions and once again ne'er an email. 

@LurganIeUk 

We used to get announcements of promotional offers by signing up for deal alerts pre-pandemic. This is the last promotional email I recieved from pm which was the last promo offered by pm until the sign up by email promos (May 5th-7th) started this past May.Screenshot_20200824-124700.png

@Eister wrote:

I signed up for the notices, but never did get one. I found the best way to keep informed was to follow announcements and other people’s posts. Great that you have the PM sim card all ready to go!  Keep watching and good luck! 👍

I agree. I signed up months ago and ne’er an email. 

Eister
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I signed up for the notices, but never did get one. I found the best way to keep informed was to follow announcements and other people’s posts. Great that you have the PM sim card all ready to go!  Keep watching and good luck! 👍

Tony49
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Ok, thanks, signed up again so I will keep an eye out .

@Tony49  link below scroll halfway down and sign up for email deals.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/plans#plans-start

You should also keep an eye on the forums under "announcements" as sometimes they post them there sometimes not. 

Sometimes a member will notice a promo and post it on the forums as well.

Don't forget to use a referral code when signing up for a $10 signup bonus.

@Tony49 scroll down to the middle of the plans page there's a link there to add your email to get promo notifications. Stay safe. 

https://publicmobile.ca/en/on/plans

Tony49

How can we get notified to our email ( which you have ) about these promos and Flash Sales. I have a sim to activate and was just waiting for specials??

Mattredwingsfan
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Eister Well, we all welcome your husband to PM 

Eister
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I went to London Drugs during the sale and bought a PM SIM card, apparently lucked out and got the last one!  London Drugs did the paperwork, plus obtained a phone number for my husband’s new account.  Everything went smoothly....all for $10.

A nearby cell phone store quoted me $10. for the card, or $15. if they registered it. 

Sn00py

Hello 😊

Welcome Catherine_T

This is wonderful for new customers. I just activated on July 21, it would be nice if I was eligible for it. 😟 I have to say I am happy to be with Public Mobile, I am now paying what I think a monthly phone should be... having said that... I am on the lowest level plan... 100 minutes for outbound calls. It would be nice to have weekends or evening and weekends free for outgoing calls.... Just wanted to put that out there. 😎

Mattredwingsfan

My sentiments exactly, even though I have only been with Public mobile, everything is sooo refreshing from the wonderful customers to the more then helpful Mods, I will be spreading the word about this wonderful company and how they do things differently aka Better 

PatB

@computergeek541 

Just a quick follow up, I have checked my account & just as you said, I have the $10.00 credit for using a referral plus $2.00 AutoPay Reward, so a $12.00 credit towards my next monthly charge. 

Public Mobile service has been perfect, so I'm really satisfied & will try to spread the word. 

@jonfirlotte wrote:

Thanks PM! I'm going to use this to try to convince my dad to sign-up 

@jonfirlotte 

This flash sale expired on August 3.  I would wait to next flash promotion.  

Danchvn

@jonfirlotte I managed to convince my wife to change over because of this. 

jonfirlotte

Thanks PM! I'm going to use this to try to convince my dad to sign-up 

pame
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

This was a great promotion.  I took the opportunity to add 4 new lines.  

Thanks to PM for this great offer.

fujiyama
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

No problem hairbag1 🙂 Maybe it's a bug? I did get alerts before, just didn't get one for this sale. I think others have also mentioned missing some of their alerts as well.

Sorry @fujiyama ....I woulda thought the announcements for Flash Sales and Promo's would have been one of the "alerts" they refer to.

fujiyama

Thanks @hairbag1 but I already signed up a while back and never got an alert for this sale.. 🤔

@fujiyama wrote:

Nice to see promos again, but I always find out about these flash sales too late 😞 Never got to refer anyone during one of these.

Hopefully I'll be able to for future promos *cough* with better discounts *cough* 🙂

You should consider...Sign-up for deal alerts.

Top of page, click on Plans..then scroll down until you see the sign up instructions.

fujiyama

Nice to see promos again, but I always find out about these flash sales too late 😞 Never got to refer anyone during one of these.

Hopefully I'll be able to for future promos *cough* with better discounts *cough* 🙂

bluejaywpg

Darn I wish this was offered 1 month ago when I moved my wife to PM LOL. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@054d wrote:

Dang, I just activated two days ago. Can I somehow qualify for this???

Yes, later in the afternoon of the 31st, the promo became active. If you activated after that then you should be good. If you activated not long before that (like early afternoon) then you might need to ask for it before your next renewal as it would only seem reasonable on the same afternoon.

@054d wrote:

You will automatically receive the credit for a free 30 days based on the price of the activated plan as you activated during the promotional period (July 31-August 3).

054d

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Just saw this posted to mobilesyrup.com.  Not much time to purchase a sim.  You would need to purchase in-store or have one in hand to take advantage of the offer.

https://mobilesyrup.com/2020/08/02/public-mobile-offering-new-customers-second-month-free-2/

Homeground

To be honest, PM is one of the few companies that I know of that have a mix of bonusses for existing customers. $2 off per month just for using auto-pay? I don't know of any other companies that do this; my cable, landline, utilities, etc. sure don't 🤔

The regular existing customer bonuses and pricing are what really brought me to PM. This weekend's new customer promo was simply a cherry on top that I wasn't expecting. 

It's pretty standard for other companies (banks, ISPs, TV, etc.) to offer promos to new customers, but nothing for existing customers. I think we should thank PM for being different in having a good bonus program for its existing clients.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Maggs wrote:

I too am always frustrated because by this . When are they going to Extend these great offerS to loyal customers?

Some plans morph into being available for everybody. The company has also given stuff away for existing customers. Last summer a gig of data. Last Xmas another gig of data and the 400 minute add-on.

But no, the free months or $10 off for 6 months or whatever are always for new activations. Remember, you can always buy a SIM and get any of these promos as an additional account.

Maggs

I too am always frustrated because by this . When are they going to Extend these great offerS to loyal customers?

Need Help? Let's chat.