cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Re: [Price Change]: 1GB Data Add-on Now $15

@NezgarThe data speed question was settled many moons ago....here must be no data attached to the plan whatsoever.....this is why many people have reported they get the 250mb data bonus without having autopay. The elimination of the $10 plan was to get rid of having to give full speed 4G data. Now the only current plan with it is the data only plan.

They could introduce a 50/50/50 $10 plan.....50 texts, 50 minutes and 50mb of data. That solves the full 4G data issue.

Highlighted
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Hi @Tiana_V !

This is a good move. I am excited to hear that the price has dropped.

I would like to suggest a new 5GB add-on for $25.  

Highlighted
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@imm1304 That's way too cheap!

@Tiana_V Please consider adjusting the price of the 200MB data add-on. It does not make sense that the 200MB add-on costs $10 when 1GB is only $15. Thanks.

Highlighted

@Ed404 

To be honest no one really buys the 200mb add on compared to the 1GB add on. Like I bought a $120 worth of the 1GB add on (8GB) with the limited time sale. That price incentivized me purchasing it and now it is really is a good deal for a 1GB add on. Still more expensive than the plans but not so out there that no one would buy it.

As for the 200MB I think they should just get rid of that and introduce a 500MB add on for $8 because it is an add on. It's still a good deal but if you want 1GB worth you spend a whole dollar more buy buying two then one full GB. @darlicious @RossN @gblackma @Naepalm  Thoughts on my idea?

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@Ed404 wrote:

@Tiana_V Please consider adjusting the price of the 200MB data add-on. It does not make sense that the 200MB add-on costs $10 when 1GB is only $15. Thanks.

I would say just drop the 200MB altogether. Add-ons stay on until consumed.

Tiana_V could add the 500 minute add-on to the 611 service though.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@brettster99 

I think they are likely to keep the pricing more like it is now to encourage you to spend more up front. I mean if they were to launch a 500Mb add-on it would be $10, not $8. And the 200 Mb add-on would likely be $7 or $8 or just eliminated. If they launched a 3 Mb it might be $35 and a 5 Mb maybe at $50. But I doubt they do any of this in the near future. Lower priced roll over data add-ons would likely encourage too many to move to the $15 plan.

AE_Collector

Highlighted

👍Makes sense, the 200 mb is basically obsolete with the $15 1 gig price tag. @brettster99  it would be like the US Talk and the US Text add-ons each $8 and combined for $15. Stay safe. 

Highlighted
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@imm1304 let's be more realistic, 2gb for $25 

Highlighted

@gblackma I agree it is obsolete, but surely they had a reason to keep it when they went through the thought process of adjusting the price of the 1 GB add-on. :l

Highlighted
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@brettster99 I think pricing should traditionally reflect the larger you purchase the better deal. They should offer a 1G for 15.00 still then a 3G for 20.00 and 5G for 25.00 or something like that. Your idea makes sense, but having more options is a good idea. Some people hardly use any data so keeping 250mb might make sense just make it price comparative. 250mb should be priced at 5.00 500mb at 10.00. 

Anyway not sure what their plans are for the future but I must say the way they have it set up now shows a simple layout that is not too confusing.