cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[PARTIAL RESOLUTION - FULL FIX IN PROGRESS] Dropped Calls

Ck_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

[Update as of 3:00PM ET 19/06/2024]: A solution for this issue was successfully implemented earlier this morning that should have resolved this issue for most customers. We understand some customers are still experiencing issues, and the team is working diligently to diagnose and resolve.

Hello Community,

We are aware that some of our subscribers are experiencing intermittent wireless service. We want you to know that our team is actively investigating this issue and is working around the clock to resolve this as quickly as possible.

We understand the importance of staying connected and we will make every effort to keep you, the Community, informed of our progress. We thank you for your patience and we appreciate your understanding during this time. Please continue to check this Community post for the latest updates.

- The Public Mobile Team

183 REPLIES 183

Amped
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I was just on a call.  Public Mobile to Public Mobile phone and my call dropped.  This is not fixed!

tkdmasterg
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

This update is great news. I never had any problems with dropped calls until this June. Thanks for the speedy repair PM!

The fix should help with customers who did not have past history of dropped calls.  

Customers that were prone to dropped calls as a result of their location/network strength will remain the same.

funpig1
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

PM just announced that they have fixed the issue.

I made a test call to a Rogers number and still find that my call cannot go through. It just gives me a message that I telephoned a Rogers voicemail which has not been set up. I can make the call using my landline.

Everybody should test their service to see if they still have issues. 

And everybody that has been affected should still claim compensation for the service issues, either directly through PM or via CCTS.  Good luck.

rs97ap

I have made a complaint to CCTS and others should do the same. It is unacceptable that the issue has been ongoing for a few months but they simply brushed things off.
Please just don't be "thankful" that they are looking for a solution. Open a ticket with PM and make a complaint to CCTS - that's how you can build a pressure on them to find a speedy solution.

Bry_guy

I also have experienced many dropped calls. I reported this back at the end of April informing Customer Service Agent that this was going on for me since the beginning of April, there were times where I had false hope as there would be the odd day that I had no dropped calls, but it just started up again on another day.

I tried switching sims, went through the steps that Support wanted me to try, even had a callback that didn't/couldn't resolve the issue, calls have dropped at more than one location and continue still. I'm not documenting my drops anymore.

I've had to switch one of two lines out due to this issue so I could have at least wifi calling and made sure it wasn't koodo or telus getting my business for having to do this, so for me now it's just a wait and see if this issue gets fixed before another provider/competitor scoops the rest of my business with a comparable plan.

It would be nice to be informed when an actual fix is coming.

kork

Happened to me yesterday with my bank.

Flora2024
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

We have experienced this also. It's especially frustrating when calling some customer service numbers. Sometimes, when I'm on an 800 call, it automatically disconnects, causing me to have to queue and wait for a long time to explain my issue again.

tkdmasterg

Thanks for looking into this!

I was on a trip to Toronto earlier this month and it happen to me at least 3-4 times. Then, the other day while trying to deal with utility companies it happened twice. Quite frustrating when it's a 1-800 number and you can't call directly back to the same person. 

Danjohn2023

UPDATE

So I'm still getting the disconnects even after network reset . Monday not many calls maybe 1 disconnect between us Tuesday yes there were at least 3 to 5 disconnects both phone were reset. Please check my call logs. So the issue is still on going please fix and I have filed a complaint with public my ticket number is .

I'm looking for compensation and a complete resolution to the disconnect issue. I will be filing complaints with the CRTC AND CCTS in the next few days if no follow up  please keep me updated. 

TelusPrey

Hey. If it isn't too late you may want to consider keeping the card active. Nonsensical as it seems, canceling a credit card negatively affects your credit rating. 

Nick271

This is often for me too and their is another interesting thing their are numbers on Roger's  network that we can't call but when we use what's app there are no issues. It is a Telus/ Public issue. 

funpig1

@Jedi1 @dappertiem @TopShape 

File a complaint with both CS-Agent and CCTS and demand compensation for loss of service and inconvenience. Good luck.

Jedi1

We have experienced this also.  I am unsure about recommending the service before this fixed.  Sometimes when I call my husband, it will say his number us not in service as well so I have to dial a second time.

smurfit

Again today. Dropped my call at 33min and again at 3min. I have to use alternate services to complete a conversation. Are we going to get any compensation?

Screenshot_20240618-154900.png

dappertiem

Some years back the government of Canada actually had to get involved because Telus was taking months to fix people's phone lines. Some were quoted as taking near a year. So yeah, Telus is not really known of being Jony on the Spot with helping its customers solve network related issues.

I suggest contact the CRTC and reporting it. The more people that do, the more likely they'll understand that this is not an issue you can calmly just sit back and "investigate." 

https://crtc.gc.ca/eng/phone/plaint.htm

My line has been dropping since April. April 4th was the first incident for me. That's quite a while to just leave customers hanging.

TopShape

Good evening all!  Just like all of you I have had multiple dropped calls again today.  If we just complain in this forum it looks like it will remain in this forum.  I suggest that we tale it a notch higher and start complaining on Facebook or even get CTV news involved to investigate why we are experiencing terrible serious and response from PM.

what do you all think and suggest?

cheers!

Amanster

Yes my phones been dropping calls ever since I joined Public.
Please fix this ASAP

rs97ap

It’s their backend issue that they need to resolve - nothing to do with SIM cards or type of SIM cards

rs97ap

It has nothing to do with the type of SIMs. I have eSIM and my wife has regular SIM - both are experiencing call drops

acinyyc

I use eSIM and have this issue so doubtful it’s sim related 

Dolphin12

The last couple of days I have had calls drop after 8-10 mins. Hopefully this issue is resolved soon.

kork

I was just on the phone half way through the process of cancelling a credit card.  Call dropped. Thanks PM!

Engage RAGE!!!

Juke

I too have had this issue for a good month and becoming more frequent. I went and bought a new phone hoping that was the issue. Should have checked in here first. Oh well the phone was old. Would sending out new SIM cards correct this issue?

rs97ap

The issue has been ongoing for a good few weeks now but lately it is happening multiple times a day. 
“Actively investigating” really means “We have no idea what the hell we are doing” 

lindamac43

OK PM, you are "actively investigating" this problem.   
Does it not make sense to you from a good Customer Service standpoint to update us?  
It's been 5 days.  Do you really have that few staff that you cannot do this?

RonCamilleri

Intermittent?

My phone drops off EVERY call... already nine times today... 

I can't do a three way business call because it just drops after a minute.

Every single call I have made has dropped out .

I'm beyond disappointed and pissed off... what a mistake coming to Public Mobile.. I wouldn't recommend this to anyone.. when are you going to fix this?

erorr

Dropped calls are getting more and more frequent in  Niagara also. Disapointed

Nick271

It's  not some. It's most. It is a network issue. We are considered as peasants on this network.  We should be considered this way as this company receives our $'s upfront. Everyone pays on time and should receive guaranteed service. RESPECT THE CUSTOMER!!

Nick271

I agree it's getting out of hand. Every conversation drops sometimes instantly. 

Need Help? Let's chat.