cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our first kiosks are now open! Check them out.

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hey Community,

It’s official! Our first Public Mobile kiosks have launched today. We’re excited about the unique design of our new kiosks and we think you will be too. If you have a location near you, we encourage you to check them out and bring some of your friends too!

Keeping in line with our no frills approach, our kiosks take up a lot less space than others. We’ve also included a bike as a part of our kiosks because we like to keep things flexible and make sure that we’re parked next to all the action.  Our bike will also allow you to charge your phone (while getting a bit of a leg workout) and will continuously evolve to keep things fun and engaging.

kiosk.png

What will we be selling at our kiosks?

• SIM cards- With no strings attached. You can activate the SIM card online or in-store with the assistance of one of our store reps. The choice is yours.
  • Payment vouchers- Payment vouchers provide you with the flexibility to add money to your Public Mobile account  using cash, credit or debit cards. After a payment has been made, you’ll receive a 12-digit numeric code on your receipt, which you’ll then need to input on the Payment page in Self-Serve.

Where are your kiosks and when exactly are they opening?

Opening Date

Galeries D’Anjou (Montreal, Quebec)

April 16, 2019

Edmonton City Centre (Edmonton, Alberta)

Marlborough Mall (Calgary, Alberta)

Richmond Centre (Richmond, British Columbia)

April 18, 2019

There are more kiosks opening in the coming months as well, so be sure to stay tuned for more updates! Learn more by reading our FAQs below.

-Public Mobile Community Team

FAQ

Spoiler

Why have you changed your strategy?

Our strategy has changed to reflect the growing prepaid market and needs of Canadians where transactions predominantly happen in retail. That said, our  mission has and will always remain the same: to do wireless differently and give Canadians more control on their wireless, through more choice and flexibility while making no compromises on the things that matter most:  value and good network experience.

Will store representatives at kiosks provide customer support?

While our store representatives will assist customers activating on Public Mobile, we will continue to offer all of our customer support online.

Why don’t you have any kiosks in more cities?

We hear you! We’d love to have kiosks in more cities and provinces, and we’re working on it. Keep your eyes peeled for more updates in the Community.

110 REPLIES 110

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

This is great news.  Hopefully, there will kisoks across Canada.  This will make it a lot easier for people to sign up and be able yo ask questions with a rep.  Bonus about having pedal power for the phone charger.

jimbobs
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Any credits for charging by bike. Surely carbon offset credits?

Smiley LOL

andrew88chang
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

any kiosk plan for coquitlam,b.c.

sunflowershine

That is much better to get the payment voucher at the kiosk to avoid time lapse for some customers. 

Do they sell hotdogs there? Smiley Happy

mojorising

Should attract a lot of attention!

@Alan_KThis is exciting. Is there a time limit on the bike? I want to give it a run for its money when it comes to a location near me.

IMG_20190415_022725.jpg

@Alan_K  Now if you would just sell pre-activated accounts having $50 in Available Funds with a temporary phone number that would be a show stopper. 

As in: new customer pays kiosk $50 and leaves immediately to go home and fully register and account in their name. 

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

demon1102
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Because of the cost of kiosks, we have to discountinue select ready-made plans. Smiley Sad

@SD08 wrote:

Awesome.  Looks like a travelling food cart.  Does it also give out cookie dough?  Smiley Tongue 

#affordoughble

Now, do they really look like that, or is that just a drawing that is there to drum up conversation?   I'm sure that soon enough, a member will post a picture.

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

Looking forward to more kiosks in my area!

It's interesting to see that on Public Mobile website, we can leave review feedback by store, sales rep, etc.

PM store locator.jpg

Lol I should have read Brooke's other post first!

Ice1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Looks nice, unique and awesome !!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@will13am wrote:

Perhaps this is the ideal strategy to replace each Walmart wireless location one at a time.  This announcement is sort of bittersweet for me.  While it is a step forward in customer service, it is the beginning of the end for the online only model which I think has worked very well. 

This is a big country. When you're 2 hours away from the nearest in-store activation location...online must stay.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Perhaps this is the ideal strategy to replace each Walmart wireless location one at a time.  This announcement is sort of bittersweet for me.  While it is a step forward in customer service, it is the beginning of the end for the online only model which I think has worked very well. 

WF123
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi.  This is my first post in the community.  I recently joined Public Mobile and I hope to stay with PM for a long time.  They have good price plans.

That is a cool and very engaging design for a kiosk.  The bicycle cart style also fits well with PM's budget carrier image.  It's nice to see a cell company do things differently.

Awesome news!!  If anyone gets to one of this take a picture and post it for all to see for those of us who don't have one near us.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

New subscribers going to Marlborough Mall (Calgary, Alberta) should skip the Walmart in that mall and straight to the kiosk.

400x400_smart_fit

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Awesome.  Looks like a travelling food cart.  Does it also give out cookie dough?  Smiley Tongue 

#affordoughble

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@Alan_K Looks cool! Cant wait to see lineups at the kiosks 🙂

Need Help? Let's chat.