cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Year Savings: Get your second month FREE plus 5GB of data when you activate on select plans

Catherine_T
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Promotion has expired.

Hey Community, 

For a limited time only, new customers can get their second month free when they activate on any plan online. (Plus an additional 5GB of free data when they activate on select plans!)

This offer is available to new customers only. Rules and conditions apply.

5GB Free Data Plan Eligibility:

• Quebec: Customers must activate on any plan of $23 or higher
  • Rest of Canada: Customers must activate on any plan of $25 or higher

*Second month free promo applies to new activations on all plans. 

How to Get this Offer: 

1. Submit your email address here 
  2. Receive a confirmation message that the email address you’ve submitted is now eligible for the offer.
  3. Activate on any plan online before February 8, 2021, 11:59PM EST to redeem this offer.

How to Activate:

1. If you need to purchase a SIM card, click here to order a SIM card online through Public Mobile. Your SIM card will be shipped within 3 to 7 business days. You can also order your SIM card through Amazon, and choose your shipping speed. Alternatively, you can purchase a SIM card by locating a retailer near you. 
  2. Visit activate.publicmobile.ca to activate online.
  3. The credit value that you will receive will be equal to the price of the rate plan on which you activated your SIM card. This credit will cover the rate plan cost only. It will not cover additional costs such as Add-Ons.
  4. Eligible customers will be credited the 30-day rate plan amount within 30 business days of activating. These credits will count towards your next plan renewal.
  5. Eligible customers will be credited the add-on bonus within 30 business days of activating if applicable.
  6. You will not need to top-up your account at your first renewal date, unless you purchase Add-Ons, change or future-date your plan to a more expensive plan during the first 30 days. Note that, if you have registered for AutoPay, you will continue to receive your $2 AutoPay reward every 30 days. All Reward rules, which can be found at publicmobile.ca/rewardrules, apply.  

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

- The Public Mobile Community Team

280 REPLIES 280

@Joshbrennan98   Add-ons are a one time bonus.

1. Eligible customers will be credited the add-on bonus within 30 business days of activating if applicable.

@Joshbrennan98 wrote:

@hairbag1 It’s only a 1 time 5GB add on.... ?   Where does it say that ? I just put my whole family onto this deal thinking it was monthly 😠

@Joshbrennan98 Nowhere does it say you get an extra 5GB each month for free. It does say in the terms and conditions that the 5GB add on bonus will be credited to your account within 30 days. This 5Gb add on stays with your account until it is all gone whether it takes a month or 10 months or longer. On a positive note, because all plans are prepaid monthly, after your free second month you can leave PM for a more suitable provider.

Joshbrennan98
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

@hairbag1 It’s only a 1 time 5GB add on.... ?   Where does it say that ? I just put my whole family onto this deal thinking it was monthly 😠

@VickyVu2021 wrote:

My husband and I activated 2 sim cards at the nearest agency store yesterday. They helped us to activate and set auto-pay as well, but we could receive this promotion “New Year Saving”.

Unfortunately after the offer was renamed/transitioned from a Boxing Week sale to New Years Savings, all references to activating in-store were removed. Sorry, but this offer is only for online activations at activate.publicmobile.ca.

VickyVu2021

My husband and I activated 2 sim cards at the nearest agency store yesterday. They helped us to activate and set auto-pay as well, but we could receive this promotion “New Year Saving”.

@laurabellee  What to do? Maybe read the terms and conditions?

Screenshot_20210117_145202.jpg

If you used a referral code for a $10 sign-up bonus. That's applied within 72 hours of activation.

You also asked this same question on January 14th and responded with the below.

Screenshot_20210117_145815.jpg

So answer is stilll the same from 3 days ago. Within 30 days. Patience.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/Free-month-of-service-if-you-activate...

laurabellee
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thanks again for the help. Not sure if my last reply when through. 

I was referring to the credit that was advertised for free service, not data.

I copy paste from my email:

Congrats! Your email was received and is eligible for our limited time flash sale.

Get one month of free service when you activate on any plan. Plus, get 5GB of free data on select plans.* Don’t miss out on this great deal!

Activate by January 15th.

laurabellee

Hi, thank you for taking the time to write to me. The promotion was for a free month of fee service, like the current promo to feb8. I still have it in my email that my email was registered for it. I activated from the email too. 
I understand the additional data promotion, that’s cool but I don’t have the credit projected for the next month as advertised. What to do pls? Thanks!!! Cheers

By1chance

You're right, I didn't really read the details. Still going to be worth it as I don't use a whole lot of data anyway

By1chance

Thanks for the answer. I signed up two lines thinking that it was 5GB per month. I guess I misunderstood

Anonymous
Not applicable

@By1chance wrote:

Is this just a one time 5GB bonus or is this 5GB every month? If it's just a one-time, where you use it and then you're back down to just 1GB per month, it doesn't say that anywhere and it could be upsetting to some people.

@By1chance : It's only upsetting if one doesn't read the details. I know...who does. But this is how add-ons work here, unlike other providers. Add-ons stay on the account until consumed. That could take years. Minute and data-ons will stay in the background until the plan features are used and then they step up and work until the next renewal. Then the plan features come back and the add-ons step back.

@By1chance wrote:

Is this just a one time 5GB bonus or is this 5GB every month? If it's just a one-time, where you use it and then you're back down to just 1GB per month, it doesn't say that anywhere and it could be upsetting to some people.

It's a one-time 5GB of data add-on. It'll stay on your account until you use it up...even if that takes several months or more.

If your regular plan data gets used up, then this data add-on kicks in until next plan renewal. Any unused add-on data will roll over until you do consume it all.

By1chance

laurabellee

For all those wondering the promo comes as a credit for the second month. 

@Anonymous 

I realize that but if your confirmation email gives you a date to activate by and you fall within that date that i suspect will be the date used to apply your credit 5 business days later. And we both know 30 day credits do not get added on day 30. So I am basing this on previous promos that were not extended.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@darlicious : The promo was extended to the 8th.

@Joshbrennan98 

Exactly....I'm not sure how the actual system adds it but i think its programmed to add promos or credits across the board maybe halfway thru the promo? Same as the 30 day credit tends to be added to accounts 5 business days after the promo ends....so for the promo that ended yesterday I suspect will be added to accounts next Friday. Once customers report that t has....anyone who has not  recieved it and are within 5 days of renewal should contact the moderators.

Joshbrennan98

@darlicious Oh ok. So the 5GB isn’t added instantly is what you’re saying ? 

@Joshbrennan98 

30 days is correct but many have reported it added around day 8 or 9 of your 30 day cycle.

@Joshbrennan98 wrote:

Just signed up for this deal yesterday.  I don’t see that the free 5GB has been added to my plan. Chose the 25.00 plan as stated.   

@Joshbrennan98 Page 1 of this thread, number 5. Eligible customers will be credited the add-on bonus within 30 business days of activating if applicable.

@Joshbrennan98 wrote:

Just signed up for this deal yesterday.  I don’t see that the free 5GB has been added to my plan. Chose the 25.00 plan as stated.   

The data bonus (and account credit) will come within 30 days.

Joshbrennan98

Yes, I got it a few days before the second 30 day renewal was due.

jivetalker
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Has anyone gotten their 30-day credit yet?

prairiedogbob
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@Catherine_T 

It's great the public mobile keeps extending this offer. Keep up the good work!

Amorrison

Thanks a lot for the reply. I'll keep an eye on it.

macsal
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@ajaymathai wrote:

I activated it but still not showing up the promotional data.. 

Hi @ajaymathai , mine took 8 days to appear on my account. Supposed to show up in your Self Serve within 30 days (as well as the 2nd cycle free to show in your Available Funds area).

ajaymathai

I activated it but still not showing up the promotional data.. 

@PatMcVicar wrote:

Please confirm if I am understanding this correctly.  I activated my new account a week ago to take advantage of the New Year bonus (free month and 5GB) before Jan 15th.  However, I got an email yesterday reminding me to activate my SIM before Jan 15th.  As I mentioned, I did activate last week.  I don't see on my account that there is such bonus but will I see it after 30 days?  I'm worried that the Bonus was not added to my account when I did the initial activation.  I followed the directions....  Please advise. Thank you.

Did you submit your e-mail address on the promotion webstie before activating your account? If so, you're fine. You'll see teh credit (and data bonus) within 30 days.  I suspect that these reminders might be going out to everyone who submitted an e-mail address even if if they've already activated a plan/account.

PatMcVicar

Please confirm if I am understanding this correctly.  I activated my new account a week ago to take advantage of the New Year bonus (free month and 5GB) before Jan 15th.  However, I got an email yesterday reminding me to activate my SIM before Jan 15th.  As I mentioned, I did activate last week.  I don't see on my account that there is such bonus but will I see it after 30 days?  I'm worried that the Bonus was not added to my account when I did the initial activation.  I followed the directions....  Please advise. Thank you.

Need Help? Let's chat.