Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Updates: Oracle Team

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Hey Community, 

We have some exciting news to share with you about changes to our Oracle team. 

Oracles, @mimmo  and @popping  will be stepping down from their Oracle positions. We are incredibly appreciative of their support in our Community over the past several years. Wishing them both all the best in their future endeavors.  

With two of our Oracle stepping down, an opportunity has risen to pass the torch to a familiar face in the Community. Please join us in welcoming @softech to the Oracle team. After careful consideration and incorporating feedback from our regular members and Oracles, we selected a fantastic candidate. Congratulations, Softech! We are looking forward to having your continued support in the Community. 

Want to get to know our new Oracle members better? Here are some fun facts:  

Welcome Softech! 

• Since joining Public Mobile, Softech has received over 14,000 bravos and over 5000 accepted solutions, recording breaking indeed! 
  • Softech has held the top contributor spot since 2022, wowzers.  
  • Skating and cycling is the game, but his passion is driving stick (a rare art these days), online adventures, and cruise getaways to slow down. Family, computer, phone, and his trusty standard shift car are must-haves, and when hockey's on, it's all about the Toronto Maple Leafs making a comeback. A refreshing Coke satisfies their sweet tooth, and when it comes to colors, green's the top pick!

Welcome aboard, Softech! We’re thrilled to have you on the Oracle team.

J_PM_0-1691761532265.png

- Public Mobile Team

34 REPLIES 34

NYJohnny
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Sounds like a Keeper to me!

NYJohnny

@dust2dust  Oracle reward delivery is not automated but manually applied. So, their label as an Oracle does not determine the award delivery. 

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@dust2dust  I am pretty sure the system will handle the rewards properly and fairly

hey, you forgot to wish them Happy Retirement!!! 😅

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

@J_PM- I was looking at some old threads and stumbled across noticing that the two usernames popping and mimmo are still in Oracle status. The previous Oracles that have stepped down have a status of Retired Oracle. If those users still have Oracle status would the system still give them the $20 reward (or 20 points but I'm sure they're still on rewards)? Retired Oracles do not.

Dolphin11
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@softech 

Congratulations this is well deserved, as you provide much assistance to us newbies 🙂

Community_QA_
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

another great move @J_PM 

I have been in the Community for years , saw so many top contributors come and go  Some of those before, they have the technical skills but the use of languages will certainly hurt PM more than helping.    But Softech knows how to help and how to handle different people.

@softech , Congratulations !!!!   I especially enjoy your screenshots.  You started the trend, many regulars are doing the same.   And you handled well on those nonsense from one or two regulars. Well deserved promotion. Good Luck 

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@softech 

Congrats, well deserved!

@mimmo @popping 

Thanks for all your assistance on this Community! It must been a lot of work volunteering.

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

@softech 

Congratulations! All that hard work of yours has paid off! I no longer participate in the community, but I am on here enough to see you doing the heavy lifting.

Hollister
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@softech 

Congratulations! Well deserved!

Priority

Thanks! 😁 I'll have more walk-through and guides coming very soon.

sa7375
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Priority  Re " . . .  I can only dream of getting there myself one day. . .  "  You'll get there sooner than expected, and having seeing your post on eSIM installation, I say that with some conviction. 😄

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@softech hey, congrats in the new position! Well deserved after so much commitment over the years.

@mimmo and @popping thanks to you both and hope to see you around still. 

Priority

Thanks for clarifying, that's exactly what I was wondering. 😊👏

@Priority wrote:

Out of pure curiosity what happens to the Rewards of Retired Oracles? Do they still receive 20 Points per month even after retiring or once you throw in the towel do lose the $20/20pts per month?

@Priority, we aren't politicians with the Golden Pension.  Once you retire you are back into the community for the rewards

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Priority

I couldn't agree more, @softech is an incredible pick! Since the day I joined The Community I've noticed softech has so much drive and passion to help other individuals.

I can only dream of getting there myself one day, however providing physical support to my own Referrals, I wouldn't be able to put in the deserved time and respond to everything like softech and some of the other Oracles do here. I'll be happy when I work my way to Mayor, or something along those lines. 😊

If there would have been a Forum Vote, softech would have been at the top of my list of recommendations for the next Oracle in The Community. 

Will there be another Oracle added as well considering two retired? 

Out of pure curiosity what happens to the Rewards of Retired Oracles? Do they still receive 20 Points per month even after retiring or once you throw in the towel do lose the $20/20pts per month?

statusquo

Thank you for that information @ShawnC13 and after reading J_pm's post again I see mention of feedback from regular posters and other oracles was taken into account which seems like a fair way to go about it.

LitlLdy
Mayor / Maire

@J_PM , thank you for this announcement, somehow I missed it! I was looking at a post a few minutes ago & saw that @softech icon looked different then read Oracle! I wasn’t sure if I saw it right!

Congratulations @softech ! 🎊 

Happy retirement @mimmo and @popping!

softech
Oracle
Oracle

First, Happy Retirement   @mimmo  and @popping !! Thanks for all your valuable contribution.  

And thanks Public Mobile and everyone. this is a wondering Community and many great members giving out lots of help daily  I am happy to be part of this great Community and now part of the Oracle team, I will continue to put my heart out to help and contribute in a positive way. 

And of course, today is a great day for all eSIM lovers. Thanks PM for bringing this to all PM subscribers!!

@statusquo wrote:

More interesting updates from public mobile and congratulations to @ softech on this promotion and for getting a cool avatar but I was wondering how oracles are chosen by public.

@statusquo there have been many different ways.  I think the originals were asked if they were interested, when I became one it was through nominations of the community.  There have been times when you had to apply to show interest when there was an opening, and in this case I think PM made an easy decision with a community leader for more than the last year.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

statusquo

More interesting updates from public mobile and congratulations to @ softech on this promotion and for getting a cool avatar but I was wondering how oracles are chosen by public.

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@softech Congratulations on your promotion to Oracle!  Well-deserved and a great choice by PM.

Thanks to @mimmo  and @popping  for all your contributions over the years.  Enjoy your well-earned retirement (freedom? lol).

sa7375
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@softech Wish you the very best in your new assignment, and thank you to the retiring oracles, @mimmo & @popping 

Congrats.jpg

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

First off thanks to @mimmo and @popping for their time and contributions to building the community, it is very much appreciated.

Congrats to @softech on a well deserved spot on the Oracle Team.  Obviously an easy choice to take an opening but I wish @J_PM had mentioned the Toronto Maple Leafs fan part earlier!!  Just kidding welcome to the team!!

DennyCrane
Mayor / Maire

I don't totally understand what an Oracle is, but this decision seems like a no brainer. Bravo @softech !

Also does this mean less competition for the top 1% now?!

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Happy retirement to @popping and @mimmo .  Welcome aboard @softech .  

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Well deserved, @J_PM 

@softech 🫡

@popping @mimmo   Thanks for your contributions. All the best in your new ventures.

pm-smayer97
Mayor / Maire

Congrats! Welcome to your new role.

@popping  @mimmo 

Once again, thanks for the time that you spent here.  Please continue to come by whenenver you get the chance.

@softech 

Congratulations on your promotion and the title being made official.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

Thanks to @mimmo & @popping for their years of valuable info and guidance. We've all benefited from their input. @softech will make a great addition to the oracle group. Congrat's to him.

So 2 Oracles are retiring and 1 new replacement...that leaves 1 vacancy for someone to step in. Do we get to vote that 1 Oracle to the position this time ?                MPMGA !!  😆

Need Help? Let's chat.