cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

More is Merrier is back: Free gifts for all!

Catherine_T
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Contest has ended.

Having trouble entering our contest? We've received a lot more excitement than expected. Not to worry, you have up until December 31st to enter enter our contest! Please try again in a few days at publicmobile.ca/holiday.

Catherine_T_0-1606848529765.png

Hey Community,

‘Tis the season to be jolly, and this holiday season we are back with our More is Merrier campaign at publicmobile.ca/holiday

In the spirit of giving, this year’s rewards are bigger and better than ever before:

• Connect more with 2GB of free data
  • Chat more with 500 free international minutes
  • Win more from a pool of $10,000 worth of gift cards

Available today until December 31st, 11:59PM EST, all new and existing customers can get a free 2GB data add-on, 500 minutes of international long-distance calling, and a chance to win one of 131 Amazon gift cards. 

How to redeem your free data and international minutes:

1. Log into your Self-Serve account 
  2. Click “Purchase Add-Ons” in My Data & Add-ons section of Overview tab
  3. Select the Free Holiday Giveaway: $0 2GB Add-on and/or Free Holiday Giveaway: $0 500min INTL Long Distance (incl CA & US). It’s up to you if you want one or both!
  4. Click “Buy Add-Ons” at the bottom of your screen.

How to enter for a chance to win an Amazon gift card: (Spoiler alert - it only takes 30 seconds!)

1. Enter your details: Head over to publicmobile.ca/holiday and enter: 1) Your name, 2)Your Public Mobile phone number, and 3) Your email
  2. Wait for the draw: Winning customers will be contacted early January via SMS to their Public Mobile phone number.
  3. Cross your fingers: We’ve got 131 draws of $60 (that’s $30 for you and $30 for your friend). 10 draws of $200, $100 each and 1 draw of $1000 to split! 

What else you need to know:

• To be eligible for the gift card contest, an entrant must be an existing Public Mobile customer when entering and at time of draw. Only one entry per customer accepted. Each winner will win 2 gift cards, one for themself and one to share with a friend. More details including how to enter and full Contest Rules are available at publicmobile.ca/holiday.
  • Add-on offers are available for all new and existing customers from December 1st 9:00AM ET to December 31st 2020 11:59PM ET
  • Limited time free add-ons are one-time only and will fall off your account when fully used 
  • Each free add-on can only be added to each customer account once. Limit of one 2GB data add-on and one 500 min international calling add-on per customer
  • International calling covers the following countries: Canada, United States, China, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, India, Italy, South Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Singapore, Spain, Thailand, United Kingdom, and Venezuela

Share the joy:

Want to share these holiday rewards with your friends and family who are also Public Mobile customers? Here is another image you can use: 

Catherine_T_1-1606848529627.jpeg

Wishing you a happy and rewarding holiday season - from us, to you!

- The Public Mobile Community Team

699 REPLIES 699

Cardinal17
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks public mobile and merry christmas👍

TmainPMcommunit
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thank you. Love these free gifts

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Camera4617 wrote:

Does anyone know if ' INTL Long Distance (incl CA & US)' includes only Landline or you can call Mobile Phone too?

Thanks 

@Camera4617 

I've read rumours of different providers not accepting in or out or both but not down to whether it's landline or not.

If you're asking about the gift minutes then if it works, great. If not then oh well it was a gift. Try it out and let us all know.

Camera4617
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Does anyone know if ' INTL Long Distance (incl CA & US)' includes only Landline or you can call Mobile Phone too?

Thanks 

@thomask wrote:

regarding the draw...  when I try to put mine or my wife’s info in, it sits there, stares at me, Then the “submit” button returns to its regular shade of colour...

Is The server overloaded or am I doing something wrong here?

phone number with or without -‘s?  Sometimes it errors, sometimes not.

@thomask Phone number with no spaces or dashes or anything. Keep trying. You have until end of Dec. I got confirmation emails for the two accounts I registered.

thomask
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

regarding the draw...  when I try to put mine or my wife’s info in, it sits there, stares at me, Then the “submit” button returns to its regular shade of colour...

Is The server overloaded or am I doing something wrong here?

phone number with or without -‘s?  Sometimes it errors, sometimes not.

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hello there! The Public Mobile team here.

Heads up! You have up until December 31st to join Public Mobile and enter this contest. If you have trouble entering our contest today, not to worry! Please try again tomorrow. This is regarding the ''more is merrier'' promotion.

Kindly,

Public Mobile

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@Danchvn wrote:

Thank you Public Mobile for the free gifts.

I have one question members may be able to answer for me.

I manage two accounts, mine and my wife's. "She received the email announcing More is Merrier is back" but I did not. I have also noticed other offers going to her email in the past but not mine.

Is there a place where I can select to turn these on?

I suspect it is somewhere in Self Serve since my wife does not have a community account so wouldn't have been able to select anything there.

I did try to signup for deal alerts at the bottom of the plans page but it just keeps telling me to enter a valid email address. I have tried different browsers and used incognito mode.

Thanks much.

https://publicmobile.ca/en/bc/plans

Half way down on page.

deals.jpg

Danchvn
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Thank you Public Mobile for the free gifts.

I have one question members may be able to answer for me.

I manage two accounts, mine and my wife's. "She received the email announcing More is Merrier is back" but I did not. I have also noticed other offers going to her email in the past but not mine.

Is there a place where I can select to turn these on?

I suspect it is somewhere in Self Serve since my wife does not have a community account so wouldn't have been able to select anything there.

I did try to signup for deal alerts at the bottom of the plans page but it just keeps telling me to enter a valid email address. I have tried different browsers and used incognito mode.

Thanks much.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Mimi33 wrote:

I don't understand your reply to me, DPyro

@Mimi33   My guess would be that @DPyro  wasn't replying to you in particular but posting a general comment that he/she still hadn't used up all the previous gifts that PM has given customers earlier this year and last.  😊

These gifts are treated like non-expiring add-ons and will stay with your account until you've used them up no matter how long that may take.

It should. Try after hours when it isn't as busy!

Mimi33

I don't understand your reply to me, DPyro

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@popping wrote:

I prefer the free add-on data than the unlimited slooooooow data offered by other providers.

Thanks PM

All my accounts received the holiday offer.

But someone has to pay for these free add-ons.

PM took 10 cents from one account and 40 cents from another account.

Minimum PM charge is $1.  Give me a break PM.  It is not possible to spend less than a dollar on self-serve.  Fix the software bug.

I will wait for couple of day before creating a ticket to determine whether it will go away like the phantom referrals bug.

Update:

PM continues to take more fund from one of account.  It was missing 40 cents yesterday and today another 40 cents missing.  Total 80 cents missing in that account. 

I created a support ticket a few minutes ago.  I will report back later.

Please your account for missing a few cents.

@Catherine_T @Alan_K 

Inked

Nice work it was so easy to do . Thanks 

DPyro

I still haven't used the bonuses from last year.

saskcowgirl

you can add on the holiday bonus, and it will remain on your account to be used fully. it is not a "recurring" amount of data though, so once it is used, it will be gone. 

Mimi33

Thank you PM again for helping us hear the voices of our loved ones in the USA at no cost.  Great Christmas gift.  Very thoughtful and very much appreciated.

loulou4

Thank you! 🙂

loulou4

Thank you! 🙂

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Lochness 

Follow the instructions given by members on this thread.

Double check the total amount is $0 before submit your purchase just in case there is an error.  

HappytoRetire

Mostly because of traffic to get gifts and entries.  Try a bit later and use 10 digit phone number with no spaces or dashes

You would be eligible for the add-ons.  They remain in your account until they are used up.

So it is NOT a 2Gb bonus each month. It is one block of 2Gb of data that is only tapped into when your regular plan data runs out. The remainder of the add-on stays on your plan until you use it all up.

AE_Collector

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@loulou4 

Yes, holiday promo is available for the $15 plan. The promo stays with you regardless if you change plans later. It rolls over cycle to cycle until used up. Your plan data will be used up first before this promo data is used.

To claim your holiday promo.

add1.jpg

Keep scrolling until you this:

addon.jpg

loulou4

A question about free holiday add ons. I am new to Public Mobile and thinking of setting up the $15 plan. I saw that holiday add ones are available to both new and existing customers, so I am wondering if they can be applied to $15 plan.  Also, do they stay added onto your account as long as you’re with that original plan or is the holiday add on just for a limited time where data & minutes are increased? 

Thank you in advance for your help 

@Charleygurl wrote:

The contest form doesn't like my cell phone number - it keeps giving me this message. 

Please enter the valid Number 

Anyone else?

Try entering without spaces, - or brackets.

Also clear your browser cache and open a new window in incognito/private mode.

10 digits, no dashes or spaces.

To purchase Add-Ons using your Self-Serve account, follow these steps: Click on ‘Purchase Add- Ons’ on the Overview tab and scroll down to the Add-On calculator. Click the plus sign (+) to add and the minus sign (-) to remove selected Add-ons. When you’ve added all your desired Add-Ons, click ‘Buy Add-Ons’. Select ‘Confirm my purchase’, and you’re off to the races!

raynahasin

Hi! I literally just did this so I can help you out. You go to your account and then click on the tab that says "Plan and Add-ons". After that, click on "My Add-ons" and you shall see the holiday rewards there. I hope this helped! 🙂

Charleygurl

The contest form doesn't like my cell phone number - it keeps giving me this message. 

Please enter the valid Number 

Anyone else?

Need Help? Let's chat.