cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Limited time offer: Get up to $10 off for 8 months when you activate online or in-store

Tiana_V
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Update as of February 4, 2020: This offer is now expired.

Update as of February 2, 2020: This offer will expire on February 3, 2020 at 11:59pm ET.

Hey Community,

Effective immediately for a limited time, new customers who activate online or in-store on a $35/mo plan or higher will receive $10 off for the first 8 months. Or receive $5 off for the first 8 months if they activate on a $15 or $25/mo plan. This will be applied as an account credit and the offer is available to new customers only.

How to Get this Offer:

1. Purchase a SIM Card: Click here to order online through Public Mobile (shipping time is 3 to 7 business days) or order through Amazon and choose your shipping speed. Alternatively, you can purchase a SIM card by locating a participating retailer.
  2. Activate in-store OR visit activate.publicmobile.ca to activate at home.
  3. Follow the step-by-step instructions for activating online until you get to step 3, “Plans and Add-Ons”.
  4.  Select a plan.
    • $15 and $25/month plans will get $5 off for 8 months
    • Plans $35/month or higher will get $10 off for 8 months
  5. Continue through the rest of the steps.

Here’s what else you should know:

• This offer is availble for a limited time as of January 20th 2020 12:00AM ET 
  • Eligible customers will receive a credit for months 2-9, then resume paying full price from month 10 and onwards. Credit is non-refundable and non-redeemable for cash.
  • The first credit will be applied to all eligible accounts within 30 days of activation. Remaining credits will be applied prior to each renewal date.
  • You will also be able to see the credits you’ve received by logging in to Self-Serve.
  • If you switch your rate plan, OR fall into a suspend or inactive state while on the promotion, you will no longer be eligible for this promotion.

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

- The Public Mobile Community Team

275 REPLIES 275

pmmobile
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@noidea  It wouldn't hurt to message the moderators using this link  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 or with the "?" on bottom of screen to ask them nicely for a goodwill gesture. Good luck

Dolphin1

This is a great deal for new customers.  PM is doing a great join enticing people to join our network.

noidea
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

If I just signed up with Public Mobile yesterday is there anyway I could still be eligible for this promotion?

apetresc
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'm a new customer that just happened to activate today, by total coincidence - and then read this amazing offer 🙂 Thank you so much!

@totalUser wrote:

@Luddite 

I'm sure somebody out there is thinking just that.

If Wal-Mart sim is free in their neighborhood, if they just recently started and have no referrals or loyalty especially if they dont need their number, they can just abandon their account for the new one and save $80. 

I'm actually thinking of buying it as a gift for somebody, in already called and sim here is not free, but it's still savings of $70.

I think I'll order couple of sims off of Amazon if they are still discounted.

@acortez  @totalUser  @Luddite  If you are lucky enough to live in Vancouver go mobile repair near Broadway and cambie offers a free SIM card with an in store activation. I have also had the London drugs located there match that offer presumably because they are in direct competition with each other (vs being a major retailer to get a price match as per policy.)

XionBunny
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I sadly activated on the 7th, nice promo though.

dboxtvinfo715

I used up 1 gb in 3 days, I don't get why the greed on GB , it's expensive !

dboxtvinfo715

Yep, looks good for new customers

dboxtvinfo715

Some GB

Tony_Xu
Great Promo!! I will spread it out.

Promo says the credit will land in your account WITHIN 30 days to go towards your next renewal.

AE_Collector

spatter

I just did this but I don't see the promotion in my account I just activated?

@JanTanton wrote:

What a bummer. I just activated 4 phones and referred a friend two weeks ago. Would have waited - feel a little jilted.

Four new accounts and a referral all happened during the 16 days after Jan 3 and before today Jan 20? If any activations were done Jan 3 or earlier you would have received the second month free promo. 

AE_Collector

@Basienka wrote:

Very frustrating, I signed up a couple of weeks ago for the $15 plan missed all these great promos.  Any chance Public Mobile is willing to work with me on this? As a senior any money saved is a really big deal.

You literally signed up AFTER Jan 3 and before today Jan 20? That's only a span of 16 days without any promos running after promoscweee running for 6 weeks straight. If you signed up on Jan 3 or before I believe you would have received the second month free no matter what plan you activated on.

AE_Collector

@ChuckYeah wrote:

@Kimlandry80 wrote:

I just signed up with public mobile,  then I received the email regarding the new promotion. Do I not get the promotion or how do I find out? My account only shows the $2 discount for auto payment. Thanks for any help

The Announcement says anyone who signed up today will get it if they qualify for it. Check the terms and conditions, it likly takes some time for the credit to appear.

Here’s what else you should know:

• All customers that activated on January 20th will receive this promotion
  • Eligible customers will receive a credit for months 2-9, then resume paying full price from month 10 and onwards. Credit is non-refundable and non-redeemable for cash.
  • The first credit will be applied to all eligible accounts within 30 days of activation. Remaining credits will be applied prior to each renewal date.
  • You will also be able to see the credits you’ve received by logging in to Self-Serve.
  • If you switch your rate plan, OR fall into a suspend or inactive state while on the promotion, you will no longer be eligible for this promotion.

@Kimlandry80 wrote:

I just signed up with public mobile,  then I received the email regarding the new promotion. Do I not get the promotion or how do I find out? My account only shows the $2 discount for auto payment. Thanks for any help

The Announcement says anyone who signed up today will get it if they qualify for it. Check the terms and conditions, it likly takes some time for the credit to appear.

@Kimlandry80 wrote:

If you signed up today, then you are eligible for the promo.  Did you activate today?

@Kimlandry80 

If you signed up today, then you get it.

Welcome to public mobile and the great savings.

Tomorrow you should get your friend referral $10 credit.

And the signup credit is coming to you within 30 days and 7 more times after that.

If any of that doesn't happen, contact moderators by clicking on question button and they will be able to help

@JanTanton 

Did you port in all the numbers? Maybe those that don't have any rewards on and have brave new numbers can be abandoned. Just don't forget to remove your credit card info if you decide to do it.

Kimlandry80

TerEvERK

Any chance of getting this offer? Just activated mine 2 days ago 😐 

Lar

@Jb456  Thank you.  It's been so long since I asked a question, I'd forgotten how it all works. Cheers

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@Lar wrote:

OK completely off topic but I need some help. I don't see on the community site where to start a new question.  Must be having a brain fart today but I just don't see it.  thanks

At Lar..click browse on left hand side..select a forum that your question pertains to (example plans and add-ons). Then on that page you will see "ask a question" click that to start your thread

@JanTanton wrote:

What a bummer. I just activated 4 phones and referred a friend two weeks ago. Would have waited - feel a little jilted.

Wow @JanTanton 

That is potential $320 in savings

I see some people are considering just dropping the old and going with the new

Porting out to lucky for b$19 and getting new sim for $10 is probably not worth for those who would save $40. But i guess you do have some math and deciding to do. 

Well i guess the one account that collected all the referrals would be worth keeping

Maybe it's worth contacting mods and see if try can easy your pain

Good luck

Lar

OK completely off topic but I need some help. I don't see on the community site where to start a new question.  Must be having a brain fart today but I just don't see it.  thanks

@sandalwood wrote:

If you refer someone to public mobile during this promo does the referer get their referal fee and $1 every 30 days off their bill still ?

New customer gets the $10 credft as always, not the referrer. Referer gets $1 per month credit as always.

AE_Collector

@Lar wrote:

How would that work when porting over from Koodo prepaid and needing the mods to complete the port.  It says "online or in store" neither of which is possible coming from Koodo prepaid.

@Lar 

You would have to activate first with a temporary new PM number (instore or online).  Then can contact moderator to help port over the prepaid Koodo number.  That would still qualify for this promotion.  

JanTanton

@Lar wrote:

How would that work when porting over from Koodo prepaid and needing the mods to complete the port.  It says "online or in store" neither of which is possible coming from Koodo prepaid.

Activate with a temporary number, then request moderator assistance for the port-in.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@sandalwood wrote:

If you refer someone to public mobile during this promo does the referer get their referal fee and $1 every 30 days off their bill still ?

@sandalwood 

The new customer will get the $10 credit, while the referer (old customer) will get ongoing $1 per month credit as long as new customer stays with PM.  

Need Help? Let's chat.