Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Issue Resolved] Select customers unable to send texts

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Most Recent Update

4:00 PM ET - May 14 2019

Hey Community,

Our technical team has successfully implemented a solution for customers who were affected by the issue outlined below.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused and thank you for your patience.

-Public Mobile Community team

Updates

Please click the spoiler for a full history of this service issue to date.

Spoiler

11:00 AM ET - May 14, 2019

Hey Community,

We have identified an issue affecting select customers on the $15 100 minute Talk + Unlimited incoming minutes plan, in which customers are unable to send texts. Data services and calling are unaffected by this issue.

Our technical team is currently working on a solution, and will have an update later today. We apologize for any inconvenience caused and thank you for your patience.

-Public Mobile Community team

119 REPLIES 119

pjmac177
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Thanks for the quick response.  I already checked my account and it seems to be OK.

I'll start new thread.

@pjmac177You might want to start your own thread on this.. Can you confirm by logging into Selfserve that your plan is active? You might want to double check since Autopay seems to not be working for a lot of folks.

pjmac177

I have $15. plan and for most of the day today, I got a message that Public Mobile is not available.  Can't call or text.  Anything I should be doing--I've tried all the ususal stuff (checked airplane mode, checked carriers, etc). Even turned th phone off/on.

Hi @Arman 

Do you still have issues with 15 plan? 

Thanks 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Bottomshelf wrote:

Hi,

Currently on the "old" $15 plan (no unlimited incoming calls).  I am thinking of migrating to the new $15 plan with unlimited incoming calls/minutes.

Does anyone know definitively that the texting issue has been resolved? With the lack of activity on this thread, is it fair to assume PM has taken care of the texting issue?

Thanks.

Weren't satisfied with replies in the other thread? The lack of screaming customers suggests it's fixed.

Although I'd still like to hear from Arman. Seems he's still around and didn't port out.

@Bottomshelf wrote:

Hi,

Currently on the "old" $15 plan (no unlimited incoming calls).  I am thinking of migrating to the new $15 plan with unlimited incoming calls/minutes.

Does anyone know definitively that the texting issue has been resolved? With the lack of activity on this thread, is it fair to assume PM has taken care of the texting issue?

Thanks.

@Bottomshelf  My guess is that you will be okay. If you are still concerned maybe contact the moderators and ask them to switch it for you since it's the same amount and they should be able to make sure it will be ok.

Bottomshelf
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hi,

Thanks.

wleung

Yes I confirmed I was able to see unused outgoing SMS texts on my account, so I agree that the problem was not due to used up quota but should be Public Mobile's glitch.

@batumtum Good news!!

batumtum
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

The moderator did something on her end. I can now send and receive texts from Bell customers. I’m glad the text problems have now been resolved. 

batumtum

After receiving a text from Public Mobile saying the port was complete, I can now send and receive texts successfully with Fido, Rogers, and Telus customers. I’m still having problems with Bell customers. I’m waiting for the moderator to respond.

@geopublic wrote:

@batumtum wrote:

I'm on the $15 plan. I ported my number today. I have no problem sending and receiving texts to people on the Telus network. However, people on the Bell network can't receive my texts and I can't receive theirs. People on Fido can receive my text but I can't receive theirs.

@batumtum  That is happening because the port hasn't completed yet. Once the port is complete you will receive a text from Public Mobile informing you that the port is complete. Once that happens everything should work.

After your port is complete, do report back your results.

@batumtum wrote:

I'm on the $15 plan. I ported my number today. I have no problem sending and receiving texts to people on the Telus network. However, people on the Bell network can't receive my texts and I can't receive theirs. People on Fido can receive my text but I can't receive theirs.

@batumtum  That is happening because the port hasn't completed yet. Once the port is complete you will receive a text from Public Mobile informing you that the port is complete. Once that happens everything should work.

batumtum

@raghu wrote:

It is to Srilanka Tony,nice of you to help me out I checked now too it is not going through,

Thanks again,

Raghu

Which plan do you have?

@raghu wrote:

I am unable to send messages to Srilanka.Please help.

Raghu

Edited by computergeek541: Please do not post your number here as it can be seen by anyone.

Which plan do you have?

@wleung wrote:

I am a $10 plan customer and yes have to echo the other customers here that SMS failures have been happening to me too!!!  They happened out of no apparent reasons- I had unused outgoing SMS texts remaining from my monthly quota, my phone had proper settings verified and was rebooted.  Public Mobile please improve and repair permanently!!!

I wish that PM would acknowledge that this probem is NOT RESOLVED unlike what the title of this thread indicates AND that it is NOT limited to just the $15 plans!

@Lieux wrote:

@wleung wrote:

I am a $10 plan customer and yes have to echo the other customers here that SMS failures have been happening to me too!!!  They happened out of no apparent reasons- I had unused outgoing SMS texts remaining from my monthly quota, my phone had proper settings verified and was rebooted.  Public Mobile please improve and repair permanently!!!

Can you see on your self-serve account above MY DATA ADD-ONS something like that...

50 International Outgoing Texts and Unlimited Incoming Texts
1  /  50 Unit

?

I know I can... so therefore the implied message that the allotted # text messages have been used up is NOT the issue. 

Again, this IS a PM ONLY issue blocking outgoing text messages on many accounts and has nothing to do with any settings on a person's phone... and there we can do about it.

Please read these insights and share yours regarding problems with texting with PM, here:

Problems with Texting on Public Mobile? Read my insights and share yours

@raghu wrote:

Hello,

My no is xxx-xxx-xxxx after repairs still cannot make calls to srilanka

Edited by computergeek541 to remove phone number

@raghu 

Please do not post your phone number here.  

If you need assistance from customer service, you can send a private message to the moderators.  You can do that through this link:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

raghu

Hello,

My no is xxx-xxx-xxxx after repairs still cannot make calls to srilanka

Edited by computergeek541 to remove phone number

raghu

I am unable to send messages to Srilanka.Please help.

Raghu

Edited by computergeek541: Please do not post your number here as it can be seen by anyone.

raghu

Thanks once I changed the phno it did work as I was replying to his sms it was 001. When I checked again I realised the message has not gone so please help to send international text messages

@wleung wrote:

Can you see on your self-serve account above MY DATA ADD-ONS something like that...

50 International Outgoing Texts and Unlimited Incoming Texts
1  /  50 Unit

?

wleung

Anonymous
Not applicable

@raghu wrote:

It is to Srilanka Tony,nice of you to help me out I checked now too it is not going through,

Thanks again,

Raghu

Make sure to have either 011 or + in front of the 94 country code. Then area code, prefix, number

raghu

Thanks again,

Raghu

@raghu wrote:

unable to send international text alhough my plan has that attach

edited by computergeek541 to remove customer's phone number

Is it OK for you now?? To which country do you want to text?

Tony8
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hi, others have had this problem too. https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Paying-for-your-service/Texting-to-a-Northern-number-...

You may have to contact the moderators.

You could use a texting app like Hangouts or Whatsapp on WIFI or Data.

raghu

unable to send international text alhough my plan has that attach

<comment moved to other thread at previous link>

Need Help? Let's chat.