Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Public Mobile

[Issue Resolved] Select customers unable to send texts

Most Recent Update

4:00 PM ET - May 14 2019

Hey Community,

Our technical team has successfully implemented a solution for customers who were affected by the issue outlined below.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused and thank you for your patience.

-Public Mobile Community team

Updates

Please click the spoiler for a full history of this service issue to date.

Spoiler

11:00 AM ET - May 14, 2019

Hey Community,

We have identified an issue affecting select customers on the $15 100 minute Talk + Unlimited incoming minutes plan, in which customers are unable to send texts. Data services and calling are unaffected by this issue.

Our technical team is currently working on a solution, and will have an update later today. We apologize for any inconvenience caused and thank you for your patience.

-Public Mobile Community team

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Re: [Fix in Progress] Select customers unable to send texts

Thanks for the notice. This is a great plan. So far, it's been working well for me. Hope to see it resolved for others soon.

Highlighted
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Finally,got an officail reply. hope to fix it very soon. thank you

Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

thanks keep the flow of info coming, much better lately!!

This problem is NOT limited to the $15 plans... $10 plans are also affected, effectively metered text plans.

This is an incomplete assessment and annoucement. I hope they do not overlook the $10 plans.

Oracle

The timeliness of the announcements is getting better.  At least official announcements are coming before unofficial ones. 

Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Another bug?

I guess this explains why my parents have not been able to send text messages.....

Good news is that the communication is better on this item - hopefully we will have less system issues in the future.

@will13am wrote:

The timeliness of the announcements is getting better.  At least official announcements are coming before unofficial ones. 

Getting Better? I discovered that this problem has been going on at least since March but heard nothing of it anywhere. It is only after I sent multiple detailed logs over the last few days of how this is a problem that this announcement came out AND it still does not acknowledge that the problem exists for the $10 plan. And there are others that have been complaining about this in the forum for weeks. Nothing timely about this.

Public Mobile

@pm-smayer97 wrote:

@will13am wrote:

Getting Better? I discovered that this problem has been going on at least since March but heard nothing of it anywhere. It is only after I sent multiple detailed logs over the last few days of how this is a problem that this announcement came out AND it still does not acknowledge that the problem exists for the $10 plan. And there are others that have been complaining about this in the forum for weeks. Nothing timely about this.

@pm-smayer97  There is a known issue with the recent unlimited incoming $15 plan that was taken care of- if you're experiencing issues with another plan, please reach out to the Moderator Team and they'll flag it for us if it's a wider issue.

@Alan_K wrote:

@pm-smayer97 wrote:

@will13am wrote:

@pm-smayer97  There is a known issue with the recent unlimited incoming $15 plan that was taken care of- if you're experiencing issues with another plan, please reach out to the Moderator Team and they'll flag it for us if it's a wider issue.

I actually have reached out to the moderator team for the past several days now with EXTENSIVE details and @Oana_S  has been responding back and forth AND I have been including you in the discussion too @Alan_K. Thanks for paying attention.

EDIT: I should have been more precise and complete. We have MULTIPLE $10 plans and all are affected. The full documentation has been supplied to mods but also key parts are documented here:

Problems with Texting on Public Mobile? Read my insights and share yours

Anyone else still having problems, please share your insights/experiences there too. Keeping it consolidated in one thread might help everyone.