I am still experiencing dropped calls as of 12:30PM PDT today, May 6th. I have PM'd the Moderator Team and request your assistance in investigating our lines specifically and whether they are affected by this issue.
This is affecting our communication with a family member's cancer care team while he is in hospital and is having a huge impact on our lives. Thank you for your efforts to resolve this.
All my calls are dropping today. Was in the middle of two important calls and both got dropped in the middle. Kindly request you to resolve this. thanks,
Also wondering if anyone else has noticed the service badge on their phone has stopped displaying "public mobile" and now only displays "telus" I have checked all available networks and its no longer an option but I know when I set up the phones and as recently as 3 weeks ago it said public mobile. Just to be clear Im not talking about apn settings but the provider badge on the lock screen or top left corner.
Are you seeing this in an Android phone or an iPhone?
In the past 4 days I've dropped at least 15 calls.
I am using an iphone 7.
Can you please check my account to see if anything needs to be done to resolve this?
Oh ok. My iPhone still shows Public Mobile. That is why I was curious.
Most Recent Update
12:00 PM ET - May 6, 2019
We have identified the source of the technical issue causing select customers to experience dropped calls during peak hours. We've implemented a solution that we believe has resolved the dropped calls issues. However, we are monitoring and ask customers to reach out if you continue to experience any issues.
We apologize for any inconvenience caused and thank you for your patience. We will provide an update first thing tomorrow morning.
-Public Mobile Community team
Please click the spoiler for a full history of this service issue to date.Spoiler
May 3, 2019
We have heard your concerns around some calling and service issues and we thank you for flagging them to us. After investigation, we have identified the cause of the issues some of you have been experiencing and want to share an update.
1. Dropped calls - We’re currently experiencing an issue in which select customers may experience dropped calls during peak usage times (approximately 4 to 7pm ET time). Text/data capabilities remain unaffected. Our team is diligently investigating the source of this issue and is fully committed to restoring normal functionality as soon as possible. Until then, we appreciate your understanding.
- What you can do if you want to connect with someone during peak usage times:
- Use texting, wi-fi, or data to stay connected
- Use wi-fi calling apps
2. $15 Plan - We’ve successfully fixed an issue that affected the service for select customers who signed up or changed to the $15 100 minute plan beginning April 30. This issue arose at 12:15 AM ET on May 3rd, was identified by our team, and was fixed as of 1 PM ET May 3rd. We understand that staying connected is important, and we sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.
- If you’re on this plan and are experiencing any issues other than dropped calls, please contact our Moderator Team by sending them a private message here - don’t forget to be as descriptive as possible and to include your account information so that we can assist you as quickly as possible.
We apologize for these inconveniences and the delay on our end in updating you officially. We always look to identify what the issue is and the impact while gathering as much information as we can before announcing, as we want to mitigate any concerns or questions you may have. However, we understand that those of you affected directly, want an update right away. To that end we are working on improving our internal processes in order to get in touch with you as quickly as we can.
Stay tuned as we will update you on the first issue as soon as we can.
Public Mobile Community Team
Just to report to you:
I have dropped call three times around 1PM Vancouver time.
I submitted a support request to the private moderator on this issue on May 2, following other advice to do so, and have heard nothing back. This issue started on Friday May 26th while in Whitehorse, YT and has persisted while back in Vancouver, BC up to right now. This is incredibly frustrating and terrible for work calls. This is also the very reason I switched to PM from Freedom - to have a reliable network. For 3 months it has been great but now horrendous. Especially strange because I thought PM uses the Telus network.
The issue is obviously NOT FIXED because it just occurred at May 6 1.54pm.
Can someone advise as to:
- how long does it take to receive a response from the Private Moderator?
- what does PM do, e.g. refund and tech fix, when outages affect the subscription?
- whether similar outages have happened in the past, and if so, how often and for what durations?
I may have to switch providers again. Too bad because to date PM has been awesome.