Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Issue Resolved] Dropped calls issue

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Most Recent Update

9:30 PM ET - May 8, 2019

Hey Community,

We can confirm that the solution our team implemented earlier today to address customers’ voice calls periodically dropping has been resolved.

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this service issue may have caused and thank you for your patience as we worked to find a resolution over the past few days and we recognize the frustrations you have felt. To that end, in the case of a technical glitch like we experienced, we want to be certain that the information we are sharing with our customers is accurate and helpful. However, as you have voiced, we too believe that updates should be timely as well. We have heard you and we are committed to improving our processes so we can keep you informed as much as we can going forward.

-Public Mobile Community team

Updates

Please click the spoiler for a full history of this service issue to date.

Spoiler

4:30 PM ET - May 8, 2019

Hey Community,

We have implemented a solution to resolve the issue causing customers’ voice calls to drop during peak times. We are actively monitoring the Community and our systems to ensure there are no further inconveniences to our customers. If you’re still experiencing this issue, please contact our Moderator Team by sending them a private message here and we can assist.

Again, we apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your continued patience. We will provide a further update as soon as possible.

12:00 PM ET - May 7, 2019

Hey Community,

We are aware that some customers continue to experience dropped calls during peak hours and our team is working to address this immediately. If you’re still experiencing this issue, please contact our Moderator Team by sending them a private message here and we can assist on a case by case basis.

We apologize for this inconvenience and thank you for your continued patience as we work towards a resolution. We will provide further updates as soon as we know more.

12:00 PM ET - May 6, 2019

Hey Community,

We have identified the source of the technical issue causing select customers to experience dropped calls during peak hours. We've implemented a solution that we believe has resolved the dropped calls issues. However, we are monitoring and ask customers to reach out if you continue to experience any issues.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused and thank you for your patience. We will provide an update first thing tomorrow morning.

May 3, 2019

Hi Community,

We have heard your concerns around some calling and service issues and we thank you for flagging them to us. After investigation, we have identified the cause of the issues some of you have been experiencing and want to share an update.

1. Dropped calls - We’re currently experiencing an issue in which select customers may experience dropped calls during peak usage times (approximately 4 to 7pm ET time). Text/data capabilities remain unaffected. Our team is diligently investigating the source of this issue and is fully committed to restoring normal functionality as soon as possible. Until then, we appreciate your understanding.

• What you can do if you want to connect with someone during peak usage times:
      • Use texting, wi-fi, or data to stay connected
      • Use wi-fi calling apps

2. $15 Plan - We’ve successfully fixed an issue that affected the service for select customers who signed up or changed to the $15 100 minute plan beginning April 30. This issue arose at 12:15 AM ET on May 3rd, was identified by our team, and was fixed as of 1 PM ET May 3rd. We understand that staying connected is important, and we sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

• If you’re on this plan and are experiencing any issues other than dropped calls, please contact our Moderator Team by sending them a private message here - don’t forget to be as descriptive as possible and to include your account information so that we can assist you as quickly as possible.

We apologize for these inconveniences and the delay on our end in updating you officially. We always look to identify what the issue is and the impact while gathering as much information as we can before announcing, as we want to mitigate any concerns or questions you may have. However, we understand that those of you affected directly, want an update right away. To that end we are working on improving our internal processes in order to get in touch with you as quickly as we can.

Stay tuned as we will update you on the first issue as soon as we can.

Public Mobile Community Team

314 REPLIES 314

tradelink
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hey Kiki,

Do your research on Chatr, as I'm not sure if they are much better. I would suggest going with LUCKY from BELL would be the best option. 

VERY interesting that this morning I received a text from Public Mobile reminding me of my friend referral rewards, which were from several months ago. But yet when I did the referrals, they failed to activate them on my bill until I had to come and make a post on this community forum. 

So Pubic Mobile has the audacity text me about my rewards, yet they cannot send a very simple apology, warning, heads-up regarding the dropped call issue, with an explanation that they are aware and working on it. 

I fully understand and accept that there can be issues with technology, however leaving your customers in the dark, NOT ACCEPTABLE. 

Now that I'm on this f-ing rant......I think every TELUS, KOODO and PUBIC MOBILE customer should cancel their service, and switch to BELL and LUCKY. If they have no respect for their customer then why would or should their customers be loyal? 

BELL 139 years of service

TELUS 29 years of service

@JoeBush wrote:

The angry part is they're playing it down as if it's a few customers having the problems when it's actually nation wide.

Not nation wide...Smiley Wink we are 6 and everything is ok here!

JoeBush

The angry part is they're playing it down as if it's a few customers having the problems when it's actually nation wide.

ipkonfig

@bilal wrote:
In this case, then, Public is purposely downgrading the experience based on some QoS (Quality of Service) setting?

I am assuming that since PM runs on Telus network, I think it is Telus that is messing up with the QoS settings. This could also explain why PM team is groping in the dark to find a solution.. 

rh66
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

sounds about right for PM... im done with this garbage service

K-Town
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I've had the issue for a whole week now.  Moderator team is completely useless (as usual) and they refuse to compensate me for the issue caused by them.

bilal
In this case, then, Public is purposely downgrading the experience based on some QoS (Quality of Service) setting?

rh66

had this happen on 3 calls on May 6th, one of which was an important client.

May 7th found a news broadcast this was a PM issue that is now fixed.

Later that day had one dropped call. 

The amount of 'free' time i spend babysitting this account FFS

bilal

Is this a Telus issue or just PM issue? Seems to be an over-congested network, based on recent growth on Telus network (Telus, Public, Koodo). 

@hairbag1 wrote:

You can send a message to the moderators and they'll give you instruction on a fix for the dropped call problem....Click this to message them

Please allow up to 48 hours for them to respond....usually a lot less.

Good luck.

I don't believe this is an isolated account issue.  So, it is beyond moderator team intervention. 

You can send a message to the moderators and they'll give you instruction on a fix for the dropped call problem....Click this to message them

Please allow up to 48 hours for them to respond....usually a lot less.

Good luck.

timmy46

Was happy with service until mid March. Since day every day I get at least a dropped call. I was on a very important phone call last week and it got disconnected 4 times, every time the call lasted a minute. The other party was so mad they eventually just hung up. The same day I got another 3 dropped calls and at the end just stopped making calls. I’m very disappointed and can’t wait to switch in the coming months. 

PlanShopper
@stonechucker

I think that most of us are reasonable people. A dropped call here or there wouldn't be the end of the world, but we're basically not able to make calls. It's embarrassing and extremely annoying. Mine started about a month ago, and over the 2 weeks it took to escalate to support and for me to chat with them, they brushed it off as my hardware (across 5 different devices, iPhone and Android, and in 2 completely different parts of Ontario). I knew it wasn't my hardware, but ist and 2nd level support INSISTED that it was.

Now, here we are a month later with a "solution" in place, that is clearly having next to zero impact. Calls are still dropping across the country, PM has made a post stating that they "are hearing that it seems to still be occurring for SOME clients" and are asking the "few" affected to send a PM to the mods. I'm sorry, but based on the wealth of threads and even just posts in this thread alone, it's pretty evident that it isn't "a few" people. PM needs to open their eyes and get a 24/7 task force on this until it's confirmed fixed.

I've only been here for 4 months and time and time again I've seen incident after incident. Customers paying for plans that they can't use, service getting suspended randomly, Autopay not working and suspending plans due to lack of payment, not able to call LD with a LD plan, unable to activate, losing a number during port in, dropping calls etc. It's been made very clear to me that no one really knows what's going on at PM and there's no testing, change management, best practices or really anything in place it seems.

I don't see this ending and I think it's time to take my 8 accounts to Lucky Mobile. I also fully expect a credit for the last month of whatever I received...

primarytech

@duren 100%

duren

I'm thinking our unified response should be filing CCTS complaints... against Telus, for negligence of one of their sub brands.

Your complaint has been submitted. Your incident tracking number is: 000000009xxxxx

I really feel for you folks suffering through these issues right now.  In my almost 3 yrs, nothing more than a few activation hiccups affected, and a 4 hour 'no long distance' message that was a major service issue for both Telus and Bell in SW Ontario.

Long term, Public Mobile has great service, but that doesn't help anyone when the service isn't working for them

primarytech

@NoCigar55 I agree. I wouldn’t have even cared if this went on for a day. But for many days it’s unexeptable. It’s fine if you don’t make any calls, but if you do even if it’s personal calls, it’s a pain in the arse and should not be tolerated. 

NoCigar55

@primarytech Just keeping an eye on what the community is saying before I switch over to one of those. Dissapointing because the service from PM was perfect in my experience until a couple weeks ago!

primarytech

@NoCigar55 since it’s a personal line I’m looking for something cheap. I got service from chatr and lucky. Testing them both out. It will be one of them 🙂 how about you ?

NoCigar55

@primarytech Yup, sounds about right. Where are you planning to switch to?

primarytech

@NoCigar55 I’m just trying to drain all my data and I’m out regardless if they fix it or not. 

NoCigar55

So, is everybody leaving PM en masse now? Seems like the dropped calls are worse than ever. I'm thinking if it isnt solved today, I'm switching.

Kiki

@ShawnC13 Good to know, thank you....I will avoid Telus, PM, and Koodo going forward...

@Kiki wrote:

@ShawnC13 Hmmm...I cannot recall exactly - I only remember being a little alarmed that PM was texting me with offers to join an alternate carrier at that time..

@Kiki, Koodo and PM are both owned by Telus.  There have been offers in the past to move on to Koodo

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Kiki

@Zhouzhilong Try Chatr (which is a subsidiary of Rogers) or Lucky (which is a subsidiary of Bell) 👍

Kiki

@ShawnC13 Hmmm...I cannot recall exactly - I only remember being a little alarmed that PM was texting me with offers to join an alternate carrier at that time..

@Kiki wrote:

Oh, actually...I guess this all makes sense, now that I think about it, sadly...I kept wondering why I was receiving texts from PM several months ago prompting me to sign up with Virgin Mobile....but now, sadly, I think this all makes perfect sense 😞 

Odd question - does anybody know if Public Mobile was sold by Telus to another company?

PM may have sent out offers to join Koodo but not Virgin.  Are you sure it was from PM and it was to join Virgin?

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Zhouzhilong

Got call dropped 20 times today, really tired. Will try to look around 

Kiki

Oh, actually...I guess this all makes sense, now that I think about it, sadly...I kept wondering why I was receiving texts from PM several months ago prompting me to sign up with Virgin Mobile....but now, sadly, I think this all makes perfect sense 😞 

Odd question - does anybody know if Public Mobile was sold by Telus to another company?

Kiki

@tradelink I am glad to see your comment was not obliterated lol...I will check out Lucky mobile, thanks for that info...so far, Chatr looks good to me also...I will compare and make a decision between the two, it looks like I am done with PM 😞

Need Help? Let's chat.