Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Introducing Public Points Rewards

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Hey Community, 

We are happy to announce the launch of Public Points! 

Starting on January 25, 2022, Public Mobile customers who activate, will automatically be part of Public Points. This means that customers who activated prior to January 25, 2022 will remain on old Public Rewards without any change to the way or amount earned. Don’t worry, these customers can still join Public Points. 

Jade_S_0-1643120205986.png

What is Public Points? 

Public Points is our newly improved rewards program. Sure, we loved Public Rewards, but in our endless pursuit of making things better for our customers, we’ve given it a makeover and made it more flexible than before. 

With Public Points you can:

• Earn points. Public Points are so easy to earn, you’ll be rich in no time.
  • Redeem points. We make redeeming points simple. 1 point earned = 1 dollar when redeemed.  
  • Start saving. Redeem points on things that matter to you - like money off your bill, free add-ons, or the chance to win awesome prizes. 
  • Join whenever you want. Learn more here

Ways to earn Public Points:

With Public Points, earning points is so easy, you  can do it just by saying, "I'm in." And that's actually one of the ways you can earn points – by joining Public Points. There are a lot of other ways you can earn too:

Reward

Points Earned

How do I earn it?

When do I receive it?

One-time

Welcome Present

5 points

As a little welcome present for joining Public Points, we’ll give you 5 points.

Your Welcome Present will be added after we’ve set up your profile, you’ve signed into My Rewards, and you’ve accepted the Terms & Conditions

Loyalty Perks

1 point for every month with Public

As if welcome points didn't sound nice enough, you'll also earn 1 point for every month you've been with Public Mobile

Automatically added after you’ve joined Public Points, and we’ve set up your profile on My Rewards.

Reoccurring

Points Back

5% back for every dollar spent

Earn points just by paying your bill. For every dollar you spend (on your plan and on add-ons), you’ll make 5% of it back in points. Spend away!

Within 48 hours of your spend

Anniversary Points

10 points

For every twelve months you stay with us, you’ll earn 10 points. Think of it like an anniversary present!

Note: time spent in suspend status is still counted towards your Anniversary.

On your Anniversary date

Give Back

1-20 points

Earn up to 20 points every 30 days by asking questions, helping others and voicing your opinion on the Public Mobile Community.

Community standings are released the first week of the following month, and Give Back points are added within 48 hours. 

Refer-a-Friend

1 point every 30 days / active friend you referred

Refer a friend to Public Mobile, and you’ll receive one point for every 30 days your friend stays with us. 

Your friend will also receive a one-time $10 credit when they use your referral code.

Note: your referral code can be found on your My Rewards homepage. 

Every 30 days from your renewal date

Ways to redeem Public Points:

Unlike some other rewards programs, there isn’t a specific way or time limit to cash-in yourpoints. When and how you redeem your points is entirely up to you! Just keep in mind that 1 point earned is valued at 1 dollar when redeemed. Really, that’s it!

Rewards include: 

Catalogue Item

Points Cost

Description

When do I receive it?

Lower Your Bill

15 points

By spending 15 easily-earned points, customers can save $15 in hard-earned cash off of the price of their phone bill.

This will be applied to your next renewal

Add Some Extras

Varies

We’ve got plenty of add-ons for varying amounts of points. Roaming? Add-on a little. Long distance minutes? Add-on some more. Extra data? Add-on a whole lot! It’s entirely up to you..

Add-ons will be added immediately. 

In rare cases, it may take a few hours to appear in your account. 

If you haven’t received your add-on, please contact us for support. 

Jackpot

1 point

Enter our contests for a chance to win some exciting prizes. Contest details vary, but we'll send you an email with all the details whenever we launch new ones.

Contest winners will be contacted soon after contests close. 

Rewards Calculator 

Wonder how many  Public Points you could be raking in? Check outour rewards calculator. This tool will compare your old Public Rewards against Public Points. Simply input your information, and watch your points pile up! 

Note: this tool is only for estimation purposes. There may be inaccuracies between the estimated amount and your actual Public Points earning amount  

How to access Rewards:

My Rewards is your new home for all things rewards - all your points are kept in one neat, little place. Simply sign in with your My Account information to start earning and spending points. 

Do you have more questions about Public Points? Check out these FAQs here 

Thank you Community for your support! Remember we have our Oracle and Public Mobile teams to assist with any questions you have. Happy earning! 

- Public Mobile Team

297 REPLIES 297

Community_QA
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I was to come and ask where to see my rewards and then found out the change

So,why another website for reward? why all these cannot be on the same My Account?

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@killer23d 

You can make it to Christmas again for another round of freebies and your buy out offer will supply a decent amount of 10pt/1gb add ons you could last on a $15 plan for quite awhile. Then port out to fongo either waiting for a good promo or the opportunity to scoop up an account from customer leaving pm but not porting out their number.

The best promos are usually at Christmas I took advantage of CCS's activation bundle on the $25 plan that stacked w/5gb bonus data add on, third month free credit and the "more is merrier" add on gifts for a referral but I may take the account back because I think they are just going to not pay and let it suspend. I would rather it goes to someone who really wants it and plans to stay with pm.

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

BearFBI
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I bet Christmas rewards are gone for us now. Will most likely only be for PM point users. This is not good for us, the new system sucks, its not only less savings but I bet you it can be tweaked to be in their favour more. In a few months, watch it get worse.

jor123
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

The analysis of the existing system vs. Public Points is interesting. Probably best for most to stay on the existing system. 

killer23d
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Thanks for your input, I just PM the CS team about the programming issue and hope they can investigate into the programming issue and zero out the usage, then I will drop the plan to $15 until all the add-ons are exhausted. Heck if it sucks so bad I will create a new account to take on another new customer offer and port the number over again.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@ddeep91 

Lol...I was the same way. You can log in with no worries. You will see the option to switch button stay away from it but there is a checkmark box confirmation before switching. There are screenshots a few pages back on this thread.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

ddeep91
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

So I just logged into the community after ages, 

Few questions

1) logging into my account don't show my rewards $ anymore instead gives me a link to then put my login info again?

(Hopefully they did not switch me)

Just want to confirm before I login it won't switch me over to the new system.

2) where is the option that we see to switch to the new system, so I know not to click that EVER?

Thanks in advance

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Tahiti 

Thank you! Just know the rewards are better than points all day! But if a customer has no choice and is stuck with the points system there are ways to maximize your benefit.

@Tahiti wrote:

@CountyDownIeUk 

With all your hard work, u deserve many bravo.  Does bravo count towards Community reward?  I'm only on this post(received not much bravo), don't come to community often, guess my chance in getting anything this month is slim.

@darlicious 

U r so smart to figure out the use of points, advantage of changing from $25/1GB to $15/250MB+10pt for rolling data, thanks!!

@killer23d 

I think @darlicious suggestion for u to enter the lucky draw is good, there should not be too many people in the pool at the moment.  Best of luck!!

@Tahiti 

Possibly. I am not into being here for the reward. I am actually trying to rest away from here. But I have received $1 and $5 the odd time. Referrals are the best way to go. This topic is a change that is not going that well, so I opted in for awhile. 

Tahiti

@CountyDownIeUk 

With all your hard work, u deserve many bravo.  Does bravo count towards Community reward?  I'm only on this post(received not much bravo), don't come to community often, guess my chance in getting anything this month is slim.

@darlicious 

U r so smart to figure out the use of points, advantage of changing from $25/1GB to $15/250MB+10pt for rolling data, thanks!!

@killer23d 

I think @darlicious suggestion for u to enter the lucky draw is good, there should not be too many people in the pool at the moment.  Best of luck!!

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@killer23d 

I would bring up the coding error and just ask for the data add ons to be zeroed out. If they refuse until you prove it then you just ask your relative to do some speed tests on day 30 to wipe out the plan data and then use data to show the data usage isn't coming out of the 500mb.

The regular plan usage has barely exceeded the 1.5gb over the last couple of years and probably hasn't exceeded 1gb either (using the phones data warning and limiter helps monitor usage just to be aware of it and all data saving tools should be enabled ie. background data can use up to 38% of your data) so with add ons restored the switch to the $25/1gb will save $5/30 days and still probably at least 2 years if not more to use the current data add ons.

A move to the $15 might even be worthwhile to test for a month once the grandfathered plan has been given up. Testing the $15 plan to see if the outgoing minute usage is high ($5/500min add on as back up) will determine if a more permanent change will work with add on back ups in place will realize a $10 to $15 savings every month over the current cost with the odd log in to check usage.

Really though you should always check an account you manage before and after renewal.

If you decide to switch plans just schedule a change plan on next renewal and the plan will switch over automatically. But no going back to the old plan so be sure of your decision. The only bonus you will lose is the 500mb data bonus ( but ...lol...thats not much of a loss if it's not being used.)

killer23d

I see what you mean, but it's difficult to prove since there is no detail usage; plus my in-law rarely if ever hits 1.5GB, the only thing I monitor is the monthly billing.

I noticed PM still offers $25/500MB w/ $2 autopay and 500MB bonus, so how does this going to apply I change to the new point system when they are deprecating autopay rewards?

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@killer23d 

You may have a major issue to take up with pm. Another member brought this up awhile ago and never pursued it with pm. There is a coding error with your 500mb data bonus. As a result when you run out of your 1.5gb of plan data instead of your recurring 500mb data bonus being used it flips to your bonus data add ons instead. You would have to use up your 1.5gb of plan data to confirm this as I have only seen this particular promotion twice now but both users had this issue. Prove this and pm should restore all of your add on data usage back to zero. They need to fix the coding or agree to zero out your data add ons on a regular basis. There is no plan that you shouldn't monitor your usage.....to prevent yourself from being burned by a pm glitch!

killer23d

What you are saying is very valid, I discounted the fact of cheaper add-ons because I never needed it; in fact I still have 2 of those free one-time data add-on from the past Christmas that are sitting unused. If given a choice, I would rather take the $ off monthly.

Since the line is for my in-law, the PM account is more of a set and forget account which is what I like about it. I know exactly how much the bill is every month and only expect lower gradually. Now with the points system, I have to periodically check in.

Mine is 1.5GB w/ 500MB bonus, no autopay freebie. I was thinking about dropping to a lower priced tier but that means I have to start babysitting usage and I am not even the one to pay the bill. 😂 Heck if in-law is paying $30/month, I can get 3GB from Freedom for the same price and maybe less if I bundle it with Shaw's service.

Screen Shot 2022-01-26 at 2.31.56 PM.png

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@J_PM 

If you want customers to switch to improve pm's bottom line why are you not promoting the catalogue front and centre? That is your single best selling point (no pun intended) in promoting the new program. Doesnt the marketing department realize this?

With significant discounts on pm products of 33% off most add ons and 1 point=$1 buy ins on a chance to win an iPhone 13 ( or Android phones?) and tech gear like Beats ear buds the product catalogue is very appealing as a way to attract customers and could work to save money on a $15 plan with 10pt($10)/1gb data add ons. 

$15 plan+10pt/1gb data add on=$25/1.25gb data w/1gb that rolls over every 30 days if not used. Great option for a low usage customer who occasionally needs higher data or outgoing calls (purchasing the $5/500min add on since there are no point savings on the catalogue offering) than upgrading to the $25 plan or you could downgrade to save $$ on your plan cost.

@killer23d 

Well at least you have a cheaper add on data option when needed so you can stay on your grandfathered plan. Enter the first few contests for the iPhone13 and the Beats. You have a much higher chance of winning with so few customers enrolled in the points program. Do they have draw dates?

Alternatively if you are on the $30/2gb plan (2gb total or 2.5gb w/autopay?) because you want the extra cushion that the extra 1gb for $5 gives you over the $25/1gb plan downgrading to the $15 or $25 plan might be an option for you. Monitor your data and outgoing minute usage over the next few months to see if this might work for you.

CountyDownIeUk
Mayor / Maire

Hi every one. 

And @computergeek541 @darlicious @LeePublic @hTideGnow 

I started to look and modifying….but made NO changes (there are some hidden calculations, but not a big deal, easy to find).       

So just for a sanity check on the OLD REWARDS ONLY in this exel program I put in a date 2 years prior.        

1. There was no option to enter the $10 one time credit if you used a referral code…it should be there         

2. Based on using the $15 plan, with auto pay, and assumed I started right away with 12 referrals        

I then see a flaw and decided to re check the numbers on the excel program vs what I see they should be.         

There would be NO loyalty reward for year 1.       

The excel program from PM shows $193 in credits….I show $168 and with the extra $10….$178       

With Loyalty in place for year 2.       

The excel program from PM shows $205 in credits….I show $180       

For the TOTAL of 2 years PM SHOWS $398 and I SHOW $348 a with the extra $10 would be $358         

So PM excel program has overstated??? 

Does any one disagree or agree with my figures? (if you agree, bravos please) 🙂…..you might need pencil and paper.

I am not going to rework this. And if I am correct then some that used it may not be informed properly. 

And I am now seeing the same as well.  Cannot view My Rewards using Safari 

And if the Add-Ons are less $ on the Points Program, why wouldn't have PM done some horn tooting as that may have been a deciding factor to move over to the points. But that could be short lived too.....I guess they can only do in $5 increments, thus the changes? But if less for points should be less for us as well as it appears they did not qualify  the lower rates as a Points Member perk only? I do admit that I am not well read on the points option as I prefer not to change. 

Screen Shot 2022-01-26 at 1.16.45 PM.png      

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Anonymous 

Ya, ya, ya.....I have already edited my post. I had a lot to read to catch up and I didn't want to forget what I wanted to comment on. Sheesh!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@darlicious : Please read the thread 🙂 . killer23d said there was one more click to proceed. The thing is, from all the stupid emails the company kept sending out, he had been under the impression that he had to sign up or something. So he did. Then he kept reading things around here and realized his folly.

benfatto

"We are happy to announce the launch ofPublic Points! "

YUK! Sounds terrible compared to current rewards. 
Thankfully we can be grandfathered for now. 

@killer23d wrote:

PSA: If you have joined the new reward program by mistake, there is no turning back.

I just received a PM from one of the mods and once it is transferred, it's done. 😕

@killer23d 

I am sorry to hear that....that really sucks that a accidental mistake caused the switch in programs.

@J_PM 

There should be a fail safe built into the program. Is there not a warning and a button to confirm the action to switch programs? I'm not going in to look because I'm not taking any chances on accidently changing programs like @killer23d . Seems to me that this is a little sneaky of pm.

Edit:

I see there is a checkmark box. But as mentioned if it takes 48 hours to process the change you would think a user could change their minds within 24 hours like many consumer protection laws have built in already.

@Tahiti wrote:

There is no cap on points, this is an advantage of the new point system.  Old system only give u referral credits up to your plan fee, sort of.  New system is unlimited for referral.  

This isn't the case. The only limits are on the number of refer-a-frriend credits you could get, a lmit which is much higher than any of the plan fees.

As for loyalty points, this will not change from year to year.  Loyalty points get worrse in comparison to the old porgram from years 2 through 5.

Tahiti

@Anonymousgood point!!

A fact for new customer, not enough for me to switch, plus . . .  for anyone who works on getting referral should know.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Tahiti : Thanks for those. Interesting little points to dollar differences. Would those be enticing enough for some? Who knows.

Tahiti

ADD-ONs Old system$/Purchased vs. using Points: (many items are "cheaper" using points)

1. $5/500 Canada Wide LD remains 5 points, ALL other $15/xxx minutes LDss only 10 points.

2. $5/200MB Canadian data remains 5 pt., $15/1GB Canadian data needs only 10 points.

3. US Data (all 10 days packages):

-  $10/250MB US data needs only 5 points

-  $15/500MB US data needs only 10 points

-  $20/1GB US data needs only 15 points

4.  US Roaming (all 10 days packages):

-  $20/unlimited US talk, text and 250MB bundle needs only 15 points

-  $15/unlimited US talk and text bundle needs only 10 points

-  $8/unlimited US talk only needs only 5 points

-  $8/unlimited US text only needs only 5 points

Tahiti

@killer23dThanks for sending me the screen shot!!!  Interesting, I didn't realize that PM added a $15/300 minutes Long Distance, however it doesn't cover US + UK like the old Long Distance package(=x'mas gift)

** Please note **

1.  above 300 minutes LD is only 10 points instead of $15.

2.  10 pts for 1GB of add-on (Canadian) data instead of $15.

I'm going to check difference and make full list in my next post . . .

Now I see the "Access Reward" button/link in My Account.  Do I need to log in again? (too scare to touch anything right now, hehe!!)

killer23d

It's ok. I already felt my PM plan is too good to be true anyways. 😂

I am merely referring to the current offer are in-line with everyone since auto-pay discount is no longer available, the points system is another way to keep someone from moving as prepaid segment is fluid.

I don't have a crystal ball, with my guestimate. I am thinking in the executive's perspective:

1) 1 year, when telecommunication prices going up, no way Telus would allow PM customer's bill to keep going down.
2) They can but they don't want to be the first one to be the bad guy, so it hasn't happened. If Bell or Roger does it, they definitely won't feel so bad about joining the band.

In the postpaid world, Koodo and Telus lures grandfathered users by buying them out with a very attractive new contract/bill credit and put them on a new "in-market" plan. New in-market plans in postpaid comes with $130/GB of overage compare to the old days $50/GB. But they throw in bonus GB of data to make people feel value, but in reality it costs them pennies to give you extra GB and how often people max out the allocation? If your old plan is $35/5GB (MB plan), and current in market is $45/12GB w/ free [insert your dream phone], would you be tempted to switch?

They also increased the threshold of the Tab-Medium plan from $35 to $45 in the past 2 years to be eligible for any decent phone subsidies.

LeePublic

@dabr @killer23d Agreed, there should be at least a week of time for people who accidentally signed up on the new program to switch back to the old program. Especially after a rocky launch of the new program.

@killer23d    Wow...ouch!   

Perhaps ask for a senior manager to review that decision, after all with all the changes and confusion regarding how the new Rewards page is accessed, there should be some leeway for customers who made an innocent mistake. 

Tahiti

@killer23d Extremely sorry to learned about your switching to points by mistake!!  Would u mind private message me the screen capture of the new point system?  I can't see the screen shot u posted, too small for me.

I tend to disagree with your ". . . (offerings by Public) . . . in-line with Lucky and Chatr".  I used to look at Public being competitive due to the $2 autopay bonus, i.e. monthly fee is $2 less than Lucky/Chatr.  With the new point system, if I'm a new customer, I would definitely consider Lucky's unlimited 128k data instead of the 1.5 points.  Or even consider never expire booster from Koodo prepaid.

Persoanally, I would not be surprised if one day Public force everyone onto the new point system.  Questions:

1.  How likely will this be (force change to point system)?

2.  Did Public grandfather all old plans or did Public ever force old customers to join new plans?

killer23d

There are still ongoing migration offer, YMMV but all will have a bill credit for 15 months and 1 for 1 bill credit for positive balance. You will get the details over SMS if they qualify you.

Need Help? Let's chat.