Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Introducing Public Points Rewards

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Hey Community, 

We are happy to announce the launch of Public Points! 

Starting on January 25, 2022, Public Mobile customers who activate, will automatically be part of Public Points. This means that customers who activated prior to January 25, 2022 will remain on old Public Rewards without any change to the way or amount earned. Don’t worry, these customers can still join Public Points. 

Jade_S_0-1643120205986.png

What is Public Points? 

Public Points is our newly improved rewards program. Sure, we loved Public Rewards, but in our endless pursuit of making things better for our customers, we’ve given it a makeover and made it more flexible than before. 

With Public Points you can:

• Earn points. Public Points are so easy to earn, you’ll be rich in no time.
  • Redeem points. We make redeeming points simple. 1 point earned = 1 dollar when redeemed.  
  • Start saving. Redeem points on things that matter to you - like money off your bill, free add-ons, or the chance to win awesome prizes. 
  • Join whenever you want. Learn more here

Ways to earn Public Points:

With Public Points, earning points is so easy, you  can do it just by saying, "I'm in." And that's actually one of the ways you can earn points – by joining Public Points. There are a lot of other ways you can earn too:

Reward

Points Earned

How do I earn it?

When do I receive it?

One-time

Welcome Present

5 points

As a little welcome present for joining Public Points, we’ll give you 5 points.

Your Welcome Present will be added after we’ve set up your profile, you’ve signed into My Rewards, and you’ve accepted the Terms & Conditions

Loyalty Perks

1 point for every month with Public

As if welcome points didn't sound nice enough, you'll also earn 1 point for every month you've been with Public Mobile

Automatically added after you’ve joined Public Points, and we’ve set up your profile on My Rewards.

Reoccurring

Points Back

5% back for every dollar spent

Earn points just by paying your bill. For every dollar you spend (on your plan and on add-ons), you’ll make 5% of it back in points. Spend away!

Within 48 hours of your spend

Anniversary Points

10 points

For every twelve months you stay with us, you’ll earn 10 points. Think of it like an anniversary present!

Note: time spent in suspend status is still counted towards your Anniversary.

On your Anniversary date

Give Back

1-20 points

Earn up to 20 points every 30 days by asking questions, helping others and voicing your opinion on the Public Mobile Community.

Community standings are released the first week of the following month, and Give Back points are added within 48 hours. 

Refer-a-Friend

1 point every 30 days / active friend you referred

Refer a friend to Public Mobile, and you’ll receive one point for every 30 days your friend stays with us. 

Your friend will also receive a one-time $10 credit when they use your referral code.

Note: your referral code can be found on your My Rewards homepage. 

Every 30 days from your renewal date

Ways to redeem Public Points:

Unlike some other rewards programs, there isn’t a specific way or time limit to cash-in yourpoints. When and how you redeem your points is entirely up to you! Just keep in mind that 1 point earned is valued at 1 dollar when redeemed. Really, that’s it!

Rewards include: 

Catalogue Item

Points Cost

Description

When do I receive it?

Lower Your Bill

15 points

By spending 15 easily-earned points, customers can save $15 in hard-earned cash off of the price of their phone bill.

This will be applied to your next renewal

Add Some Extras

Varies

We’ve got plenty of add-ons for varying amounts of points. Roaming? Add-on a little. Long distance minutes? Add-on some more. Extra data? Add-on a whole lot! It’s entirely up to you..

Add-ons will be added immediately. 

In rare cases, it may take a few hours to appear in your account. 

If you haven’t received your add-on, please contact us for support. 

Jackpot

1 point

Enter our contests for a chance to win some exciting prizes. Contest details vary, but we'll send you an email with all the details whenever we launch new ones.

Contest winners will be contacted soon after contests close. 

Rewards Calculator 

Wonder how many  Public Points you could be raking in? Check outour rewards calculator. This tool will compare your old Public Rewards against Public Points. Simply input your information, and watch your points pile up! 

Note: this tool is only for estimation purposes. There may be inaccuracies between the estimated amount and your actual Public Points earning amount  

How to access Rewards:

My Rewards is your new home for all things rewards - all your points are kept in one neat, little place. Simply sign in with your My Account information to start earning and spending points. 

Do you have more questions about Public Points? Check out these FAQs here 

Thank you Community for your support! Remember we have our Oracle and Public Mobile teams to assist with any questions you have. Happy earning! 

- Public Mobile Team

297 REPLIES 297

I'm certain that part of the issue previously was Public Mobile giving out $7 in rewards for customers on a $10 or $15 plan who do nothing other than pay the bill and stay customers.   I'm unaware of how much Public Mobile needs to collect from each customer on average to turn a profit, but I see part of the issue here being that Public Mobile is making the program worse for some new customers. This will make it harder for existing customers to refer new customers.  I was speaking to someone last night about this was going to activate a new account but is now very unlikely to do so because of these reward to point changes.  So, while existing customers aren't being forced to switch, they are still being affected. My opinion about the contests is along the lines of customers who choose to particpate in those are waisting their points.

pcapple
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks for the rewards calculator. Really helpful to see which reward system is better.

LeePublic
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Thanks for doing the math, I actually joined last August.(2021)

Tahiti
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@sa7375 

Since u are "NOT desiring to join the New Rewards Program", do nothing.  Continue sign in to My Account the old way, everything should remain the same.

@dabr "Or do we still get to see all our rewards if we stay with the current rewards?"

Sorry, no idea. 

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Tahiti

@LeePublic 

Your $35 plan gives u 1.75 points per month, 0.25/mth less than the old $2 autopay.  Assuming that u've just joined Public during x'mas, 1st year u'll gain 10 points on anniversary vs. old system $0 ($1/mth AFTER 1 year). 2nd year u'll get 10 points/yr vs. $12/year, however 3rd year u'll get 10 points/yr vs. $24, etc.

HI @sa7375 , reward screen is now moved to the new site.   

You access the same site for reward details whether you are on the old system or the new system.

Yes, Telus owns PM, so, technically, everything is hosted by Telus  🙂

@Luddite   So the toggle option under Go To on the overview page can only be used for the new points rewards?  Or do we still get to see all our rewards if we stay with the current rewards?

@Tahiti  So far the only way you can join the points programme is to manually opt in; once joined it links to your account username. 

sa7375
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Jade! Things are a lot more clear now. A question on the following excerpt of your announcement.

"My Rewards is your new home for all things rewards - all your points are kept in one neat, little place. Simply sign in with your My Account information to start earning and spending points."

Question: As an old customer, who is not desiring to join the New Rewards Program, do I still need to log in to the Rewards Program hosted by TELUS (screenshot below), or just do nothing?

Telus login page.jpg

Tahiti

@Anonymous 

Your "For Anniversary: is that 10 points each year? ie. 10 points at the end of one year, 20 points at the end of two years etc. ie. not just 10 points as each year goes by."

== every year, u only get maximum 10 points on anniversary date, once per year.  Check the calculator for year 2(cell C25), stay at 10 points(cell C24).

@Psygineer 

Your "I am curious if we are on the old system if we will still get an extra $1 per year we were here added on our anniversary. I've been here 4 or so years, so still have at least one or two more increase coming before I hit the $5 cap."

== Yes, if u stay with PM, your Loyalty bonus will increase from current $4 to $5.  Check calculator under column B Old Reward, year 2 is $12(cell B25) more than year 1(cell B24)

@Psygineer  If you stay on the current plan Loyalty continues to increase up to $5/30 days. 

@Anonymous   Loyalty: 10 points each anniversary; no increases with time is my understanding

@Tahiti wrote:

2.  Sill not clear if changing profile will automatically switch to new point system. 

Hi @Tahiti 

No, you won't be switched to the new point system if you do not opt-in yourself.  If you do nothing, you stay with the old system

Tahiti

@Anonymous

1.  Thanks for info on Calculator, helped me understand the new point system a lot more

2.  Sill not clear if changing profile will automatically switch to new point system.  Like @DryWater, I too will get approx. 30-40% less with new point system.

For now, comparing OLD vs NEW sytem (for myself):

1.  Autopay($2/mth) vs. Points-back(5%/mth) - anyone with phone plan less than $40 (@5%=$2) will get less.

2.  Loyalty ($1/yr, max $5) vs. Loyalty/Aniversary(max. 10pt/yr) - a lot less.  e.g. I joined 5 years ago, currently get $60/year vs. first time conversion 60 points(one-time), then ONLY maximum 10 pt on Anniversary date(once per year) . . . . . i.e. 2nd year and all years after, I'll get $50/yr less

3.  Old system AUTOMATICALLY takes money from account/CC for monthly fee, new system needs to "apply points", monthly? (one needs to sign into account every month? eek!)

4.  Referal bonus:  old system max out when # of referrals reach your monthly fee, new system is unlimited.

KK688
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@J_PM  This is an intriguing revamp of PM rewards.

Could PM possibly make an online version of the rewards calculator where we can enter our numbers, as an alternative to the downloadable Excel file?  Not everyone has MS Excel or an equivalent alternative installed.

PMPointsRewardsCalculatorExcelFile_Jan2022.jpg

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

@J_PM wrote:

Catalogue Item

Points Cost

Description

When do I receive it?

Lower Your Bill

15 points

By spending 15 easily-earned points, customers can save $15 in hard-earned cash off of the price of their phone bill.

This will be applied to your next renewal

HI @J_PM   So, in this new Point system, people have to collect 15 points before they can use it towards their bill payment?   So, I cannot spent 14 points for $14 ?  

And do I have to spend in multiple of $15 only?  ie, $15, $30, $45?

If my plan is $25 and I have 30 points, I have a choice to spend just 15 points for $15 off or 30 points for $30 off?   

If I spent 30 points for $30, the $5 will be left as Available Fund as before?

Psygineer

@Tiprix It's the "remain on old without any change to the amount earned" that confused me. Technically the increase would be a change to the amount earned! I am probably overthinking things!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Tahiti : at the bottom of the OP.

I suspect the meaning of that line is the login. Changing profile info shouldn't do anything.

Tahiti

Question:

1.  where is the Rewards Calculator?

2.  I need to change info, i.e. name and address, in My Account.  From FAQ page https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/Public-Points-FAQs, it mentioned "If you update your My Account information, your My Rewards credentials will be automatically updated as well. "  If I change name + address now, will I be switched to new point system right away?

Thanks in advance!

LeePublic

Based on the rewards calculator, on a $35 plan, it would look like I would gain 1 pt after all the rewards (Points Back, referral, community, and anniversary) over the next 2 years.

DryWater
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

It seems that moving to the new point system would earn approx. 30% fewer points for me than the current (old) system.

If I'm not being forced to switch, I see no reason to as a current member. And hopefully, it stays that way.

Tiprix
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@PsygineerI don't think you need to worry, based on the description, "customers who activated prior to January 25, 2022 will remain on old Public Rewards without any change to the way or amount earned".  You should be receiving your rewards until you hit the $5 cap.

zhadj030
Mayor / Maire

I agree with @Anonymous  on the reward button section.

Removing it from the self-serve page is just annoying and few more buttons that needed to be clicked for no reason. Not to mention completely getting redirected to "telusidentity.telus.com" for authentication. and extra steps while I could have had all the necessary info from the front page

Psygineer

I am curious if we are on the old system if we will still get an extra $1 per year we were here added on our anniversary. I've been here 4 or so years, so still have at least one or two more increase coming before I hit the $5 cap.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@J_PM : For the sake of consistency, on the original overview page it says Access Rewards. Perhaps change that to be consistent with all the terminology that says My Rewards. Edit: Heck...just put the old My Rewards button back where it was and call it done.

What happens to ones current Available Funds if one were to Join the new program?

Can one buy items from the store with points (or Available Funds if still present)?

For Anniversary: is that 10 points each year? ie. 10 points at the end of one year, 20 points at the end of two years etc. ie. not just 10 points as each year goes by.

The opt-in button says Join...not "I'm in" - by the by 🙂

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@J_PM   It is great PM included the Reward Calculator to help us to make our decision 

Need Help? Let's chat.