cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get Unlimited Text and 100 mins of Talk for $15

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hey Community,

Starting March 15th, we’re excited to bring you something that’s been long requested- a new Ready-Made plan at $15 with Unlimited International Text. This plan is available for new and existing customers and includes:

•      30-day plan
  •      100 minutes of Canada-wide Talk
  •      Unlimited International Text and Picture Messaging
  •      +Bonus 250 MB with AutoPay
  •      Voicemail and Call Display

How to Get This Offer:

New customers

Current customers

1. Purchase a SIM Card: Click here to order online or locate a participating retailer to purchase a SIM Card.
  2. Visit activate.publicmobile.ca and follow the instructions to activate your SIM Card. If purchasing from a participating retailer, the retail associate can assist you with the activation.
  3. During the activation process, select the ready-made plan “$15 for 100 minutes and Unlimited Text”.
  1. Log in on Self Serve
  2. Go to “Plan and Add-ons”
  3. Select “Change Plan”
  4. Select the ready-made plan “$15 for 100 minutes and Unlimited Text”. You will have the option of changing your plan immediately or upon the next renewal date.

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

-Public Mobile Community Team

FAQ

Spoiler

Question

Answer

What does and does not use my minutes?

Uses Minutes

Doesn’t Use Minutes

Making a call

Answering a call

Retrieving or leaving voicemail messages

Using call forwarding

Calling *611 (the IVR)

Making or receiving calls from 911

Using wifi calling apps when connected to Wifi

Will you notify me when I’m almost out of minutes?

Yes, you will get an SMS message from Public Mobile when you 10 minutes left in your plan.

If I don’t have any minutes left, but I have a voicemail message, how do I check my voicemail?

There are two ways you can check your voicemail.

1. From a landline or another mobile phone, dial your 10-digit phone number and press the * key to interrupt the system greeting. From here, you may need enter your voicemail password.
  2. You can purchase a long distance Add-On such as the 200 minutes Add-On that allows you to call to Canada and the US for $8. Note, the minutes in the Add-On will rollover to your next billing cycle.

Do I have to purchase a Long Distance Add-On to get more than 100 minutes?

Yes, you need a Long Distance Add-On to get more minutes added to your plan. If you often use more than 100 minutes per 30 days, we recommend one of our plans with unlimited talk.

If I purchase a Long Distance Add-On, will my calls use up my Add-On minutes or my in-plan minutes?

Making a Call to someone in Canada

Making a Call to someone outside of Canada

Answering a Call from Anywhere in the World

In Canada

Will use plan minutes, before Long Distance Add-On minutes.

Requires Long Distance Add-On. The Long Distance countries we support can be found here.  

Will use plan minutes, before Long Distance Add-On minutes

In U.S.

Requires a U.S. Roaming Add-On with talk included.

Requires a U.S. Roaming Add-On with talk included. Aside from calls to Canada, you will only be able to make calls to people in the U.S. and its territories.

Requires a U.S. Roaming Add-On with talk included. You will only be able to receive calls from people in Canada or the US and its territories.

If you purchase a Long Distance Add-On and you’re calling in Canada, your call will use your in-plan minutes first.

If you purchase a Long Distance Add-On and you’re calling outside of Canada, your call will use your Long Distance Add-On minutes (as long as the location you’re calling is accessible through your Long Distance Add-On).

Will I keep the same plan forever? Will my plan change?

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information about our plans.

473 REPLIES 473

watungga
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Future change it to save what you've already spent........  i dont understand..

My cycle started April 28th, what do i do?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@watungga wrote:

I got this plan from 2 months ago.  Does it automatically include the new feature, Unlimited Incoming Call?

No. You need to change to the new version. Future change it to save what you've already spent.

watungga
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I got this plan from 2 months ago.  Does it automatically include the new feature, Unlimited Incoming Call?

Arman
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

100 MINUTES Canada-wide talk

UNLIMITED Incoming calls

UNLIMITED International Textand Picture Messaging

VOICEMAIL⁹ & Call Display

BONUS 250 MB Data⁴ at 3G speed with AutoPay

@Rc211vboig 

Yes, if you signed up for $15 plan, you will have all the features.  For some reason, it is not described in the self-account section yet.

Rc211vboig
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi. I signed up to the new $15 plan with 100 outgoing mins, unlimited in coming mins, unlimited txt, voice mail and 250mb data. 

Under my person page, it only states I have 100 incoming mins and 250mb data. 

What I'm asking is do I have the other features?

Thanks  you 

Arman

Recommend everyone to wait till problem with $10 and $15 plan rectified .

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hey @crazyfrog,

You definitely have the possibility to create your account online and get a SIM card from any shop (London Drugs, The Mobile shop aso) or even online, via our website www.publicmobile.ca. 

Have a great day!

@geopublic wrote:

@Arman wrote:

There is major issue with this plan,

I cannot send text while I can receive a text

@Arman  Yes, unfortunately this is a well documented and hopefully PM can fix it soon.

Note that this is NOT just with the $15 plan. I am on the $10 plan and have the same problem. UGH!

@Arman wrote:

@Arman  Yes, unfortunately this is a well documented and hopefully PM can fix it soon.

Arman

Jonavin
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

1. @LovesToPM wrote:

@coffee, I switched to this plan last week and can confirm that it does include unlimited incoming calls.

My scheduled switchover was today. I’ve tested and incoming is now free, but a few strange things...

1. Description on my plan did not change from what it was before, so it was hard to tell if the change actually took place.

2. My next renewal date is now May 31st. Doesn’t take a genius to know that’s less than 30 days.

Is that normal, is this a new bug? Will I be credited for the week I lost?

@LovesToPM wrote:

@coffee, I switched to this plan last week and can confirm that it does include unlimited incoming calls.

That's really good to hear and thanks for confirming that unlimited incoming calls are included:)

@crazyfrog wrote:

Need suggestion.

Wanted to subscribe to the new $15 unl incoming plan. Went to Walmart in Windsor, ON, the plan doesnt show up. Rep refuses to sell me just sim card so i can do it all online.

Shouldnt we be able to buy SIM at Walmart? Is subscribing to a plan then and there a must?

You can leave a review of your store experience by selecting ‘Find a Store’ under step 2 on the Get Started page. Select the store location where you’d like to provide feedback, then fill out the requested information.

I recommend you also do that also.

coffee

@frankieshi wrote:

Compare with Chatr $15.00 plan, no unlimited incoming call will not make $10.00 Senior users to change to this plan.  

Chatr:

$15 Per Month
100 Canada-Wide Talk & Unlimited International Texts
-Details
INCLUDES
  • 100 Minutes Canada-wide Talk
  • Unlimited Incoming Canada-wide Talk
  • Unlimited International Text,
    Picture and Video Messaging
  • 40 ¢/min for voicemail retrievals

Are you surre this plan includes -------

• Unlimited Incoming Canada-wide Talk

Yes, you *should* be able to buy just the SIM.  If you're still there, remind the rep, and their manager that Public Mobile allows us to buy 'just the SIM' if we wish.

@CS_Agent, please address this issue with the higher-ups so well can get better in person support from the local stores. @Alan_K 

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@crazyfrog wrote:

Need suggestion.

Wanted to subscribe to the new $15 unl incoming plan. Went to Walmart in Windsor, ON, the plan doesnt show up. Rep refuses to sell me just sim card so i can do it all online.

Shouldnt we be able to buy SIM at Walmart? Is subscribing to a plan then and there a must?

@crazyfrog 

Theoretically, you *should* be able to get just a SIM, but in reality Walmart is notorious for refusing SIM-only sales in order to get more commissions for activations. You'll probably have better luck getting a SIM at WOW Mobile, The Mobile Shop, or K-Mobile, or order SIM online directly from PM (2-3 bus. days free delivery to Windsor from Mississauga).

crazyfrog
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Need suggestion.

@pitqb wrote:

I switched to this plan. Can make calls but can't receive calls. Any idea why? On website the plan states:

• 100 MINUTES Canada-wide talk
  • UNLIMITED Incoming calls
  • UNLIMITED International Textand Picture Messaging
  • + BONUS 250 MB Data⁴ at 3G speed with AutoPay
  • VOICEMAIL⁹ & Call Display

Did you setup a port request?

pitqb

can you receive incoming calls?

@pitqb  a écrit :

I switched to this plan. Can make calls but can't receive calls. Any idea why? On website the plan states:

Did you try the lost/stolen trick? Go in your self-serve account and tab PLAN/OPTIONS and click on PHONE LOST/STOLEN and close your phone few minutes. Open it again and click now on reactivate your service. See if it helped.

pitqb

Pwr1019

Switched to this plan yesterday and incoming/outgoing texts are working just fine so I suspect whatever the issue was is limited to a few unlucky subscribers or it now has been resolved

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Arman wrote:

There is a major issue with this plan.

Can not receive text after switching to this plan

@Arman 

The issue has apparently been resolved. You have your other threads going. Please read them and try the suggestions or answer the additional questions.

Arman

There is a major issue with this plan.

Can not receive text after switching to this plan

@alisonalvy22 wrote:

I just found out about this plan yesterday! So I jumped on it right away!  So impressed by the prices and services!  I don't think I'll ever stray 

And to never miss another promo or other announcement, follow the simple steps here:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/Re-How-to-get-notified-of-ANY-New-Promo...

@Sbishay wrote:

Just confirming that Picture messaging is included as listed here.  On my description of the plan it has changed and does not show Picture Messaging anymore.

Thanks

If you're talking about the new $15 plan, yes picture messaging should be included, but the plan details are not showing all the information in the account right now.  I believe it's being worked on though.

Sbishay

Just confirming that Picture messaging is included as listed here.  On my description of the plan it has changed and does not show Picture Messaging anymore.

Thanks

@Brian_B wrote:

I changed my plan to this one.

Recieved a 611 text from PM saying that my plan does not include text messaging.

What's up??

Seems to be an awful lot of issues since the new $15 plan with unlimited incoming minutes was launched.  Have you sent a private message to the mods yet...be prepared to wait though unless you get lucky!

Need Help? Let's chat.