cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get Unlimited Text and 100 mins of Talk for $15

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hey Community,

Starting March 15th, we’re excited to bring you something that’s been long requested- a new Ready-Made plan at $15 with Unlimited International Text. This plan is available for new and existing customers and includes:

•      30-day plan
  •      100 minutes of Canada-wide Talk
  •      Unlimited International Text and Picture Messaging
  •      +Bonus 250 MB with AutoPay
  •      Voicemail and Call Display

How to Get This Offer:

New customers

Current customers

1. Purchase a SIM Card: Click here to order online or locate a participating retailer to purchase a SIM Card.
  2. Visit activate.publicmobile.ca and follow the instructions to activate your SIM Card. If purchasing from a participating retailer, the retail associate can assist you with the activation.
  3. During the activation process, select the ready-made plan “$15 for 100 minutes and Unlimited Text”.
  1. Log in on Self Serve
  2. Go to “Plan and Add-ons”
  3. Select “Change Plan”
  4. Select the ready-made plan “$15 for 100 minutes and Unlimited Text”. You will have the option of changing your plan immediately or upon the next renewal date.

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

-Public Mobile Community Team

FAQ

Spoiler

Question

Answer

What does and does not use my minutes?

Uses Minutes

Doesn’t Use Minutes

Making a call

Answering a call

Retrieving or leaving voicemail messages

Using call forwarding

Calling *611 (the IVR)

Making or receiving calls from 911

Using wifi calling apps when connected to Wifi

Will you notify me when I’m almost out of minutes?

Yes, you will get an SMS message from Public Mobile when you 10 minutes left in your plan.

If I don’t have any minutes left, but I have a voicemail message, how do I check my voicemail?

There are two ways you can check your voicemail.

1. From a landline or another mobile phone, dial your 10-digit phone number and press the * key to interrupt the system greeting. From here, you may need enter your voicemail password.
  2. You can purchase a long distance Add-On such as the 200 minutes Add-On that allows you to call to Canada and the US for $8. Note, the minutes in the Add-On will rollover to your next billing cycle.

Do I have to purchase a Long Distance Add-On to get more than 100 minutes?

Yes, you need a Long Distance Add-On to get more minutes added to your plan. If you often use more than 100 minutes per 30 days, we recommend one of our plans with unlimited talk.

If I purchase a Long Distance Add-On, will my calls use up my Add-On minutes or my in-plan minutes?

Making a Call to someone in Canada

Making a Call to someone outside of Canada

Answering a Call from Anywhere in the World

In Canada

Will use plan minutes, before Long Distance Add-On minutes.

Requires Long Distance Add-On. The Long Distance countries we support can be found here.  

Will use plan minutes, before Long Distance Add-On minutes

In U.S.

Requires a U.S. Roaming Add-On with talk included.

Requires a U.S. Roaming Add-On with talk included. Aside from calls to Canada, you will only be able to make calls to people in the U.S. and its territories.

Requires a U.S. Roaming Add-On with talk included. You will only be able to receive calls from people in Canada or the US and its territories.

If you purchase a Long Distance Add-On and you’re calling in Canada, your call will use your in-plan minutes first.

If you purchase a Long Distance Add-On and you’re calling outside of Canada, your call will use your Long Distance Add-On minutes (as long as the location you’re calling is accessible through your Long Distance Add-On).

Will I keep the same plan forever? Will my plan change?

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information about our plans.

473 REPLIES 473

Brian_B
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I changed my plan to this one.

Recieved a 611 text from PM saying that my plan does not include text messaging.

What's up??

dumbphone
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Sounds like a account issue you can get corrected with support. @redium23

Why would the sim be garbage after 12 hours?

alisonalvy22

I just found out about this plan yesterday! So I jumped on it right away!  So impressed by the prices and services!  I don't think I'll ever stray 

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@redium23 wrote:

hello community

warning this promotion is only scam. after getting this promotion the text messagjng working only 12 hrs then your $15 + your sim card is garbage. you getting auto messaging from this #611

“ Sorry, your current plan does not include text messaging. To update your plan to include texting and for info about your account visit selfserve.publicmobile.ca”

be carefull....

@redium23  all plans listed are legit,  there seems to however be some issues affecting some new and old customers.  you need to send a message to moderator_team and ask them to reset your account.  replys range 2hrs-48.

redium23

LETIZIA
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@Johnnyoya wrote:

I registered for this plan bought sim card and paid $20.00.  account a active... I have been able to make 1 call using 1/100min having 99/100 left.  And 13.25 mb /250 mb... After the first day I get an audio recording everytime I dial or attempt to text saying my plan doesn't have calling or texting... But the first day both worked.  Now all that works to show me anything does is the 250mb data that I didn't even think I was eligible for.?  Anyone else experience this problem?? Any solutions?

I had the same problem and many others did as well. I notified Public Mobile with my problem here but I'm still waiting for an answer. 

Johnnyoya

I registered for this plan bought sim card and paid $20.00.  account a active... I have been able to make 1 call using 1/100min having 99/100 left.  And 13.25 mb /250 mb... After the first day I get an audio recording everytime I dial or attempt to text saying my plan doesn't have calling or texting... But the first day both worked.  Now all that works to show me anything does is the 250mb data that I didn't even think I was eligible for.?  Anyone else experience this problem?? Any solutions?

voya

I susbcribed to this plan on May 1, 2019. after few hours, my account got deactivated. 

can @CS_Agent help with it? I sent a mail about 20hrs ago. 

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@VK wrote:

I registered for this plan last week, will I be automatically getting the updated to unlimited incoming?

@VK no, PM never automatically changes your plan, whether the newer version is to your advantage or your detriment.  You need to schedule a plan change for your next renewal in order to secure this updated plan as of that date.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Asima

$2 discount is with all plan with auto pay.

@younus, the Oralces have discovered that the listing in plan details doesn't show the unlimited incoming calls, but the 'new plan' does have unlimited incoming calls.

We have suggested the description be updated to reflect this.  We are awaiting a response on this.

@younus wrote:

I already have 15 dollar plan. In order to get unlimited incoming, i switched plan yesterday but it is still showing the old plan. Can anyone help.

AJ9

@Jonavin wrote:

@AJ9 wrote:

As of 1-May-2019, this plan is updated to include "unlimited incoming calls":

100 MINUTES Canada-wide talk
UNLIMITED Incoming calls
UNLIMITED International Text and Picture Messaging
+ BONUS 250 MB Data at 3G speed with AutoPay
VOICEMAIL & Call Display

This change happened earlier in the week as noted by all the posts since Tuesday.

Yea sorry, I noticed that after I posted Man Indifferent

@younus wrote:

I already have 15 dollar plan. In order to get unlimited incoming, i switched plan yesterday but it is still showing the old plan. Can anyone help.

@younusThe fact that it allowed you to switch IMHO it means that in fact you have the new $15.00 plan otherwise if it was the same plan it would not allow you to switch.

VK
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I registered for this plan last week, will I be automatically getting the updated to unlimited incoming?

younus

Jonavin
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Anonymous wrote:

@chad2001 wrote:

I activated a new sim and signed up for the new $15 plan (with unlimited incoming minutes) today.  The description in the plan when selected does state that.  However, when I complete the process and log back in to check my plan details, it's missing the unlimited incoming minutes (see screenshot below).  Should I be concerned, will this be updated soon?

Test it out. If the counter does not increment when receiving a call then it's working. Someone had verified this earlier on. (Although there might be issues with that plan currently)

For future clarity, PM should really add the feature to the listing.  They are just going to generate a lot of unnecessary questions and posts later.

Just a friendly reminder, if you're still on the original $15 (prior to the upgrade to unlimited incoming calls), you will need to perform a plan change to the $15 currently available.

Recommended action is to schedule for your next renewal so that you do not lose the current investment of funds in your plan.

If you are unsure of which $15 plan you're on, you can make sure you have the new plan by setting up the scheduled plan change on your next renewal now.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@chad2001 wrote:

I activated a new sim and signed up for the new $15 plan (with unlimited incoming minutes) today.  The description in the plan when selected does state that.  However, when I complete the process and log back in to check my plan details, it's missing the unlimited incoming minutes (see screenshot below).  Should I be concerned, will this be updated soon?

Test it out. If the counter does not increment when receiving a call then it's working. Someone had verified this earlier on. (Although there might be issues with that plan currently)

chad2001

Screen Shot 2019-05-02 at 9.19.08 AM.jpg

Jonavin

@AJ9 wrote:

UNLIMITED Incoming calls
VOICEMAIL & Call Display

This change happened earlier in the week as noted by all the posts since Tuesday.

AJ9

UNLIMITED Incoming calls
VOICEMAIL & Call Display

Juno

@surreyboz wrote:

@Juno wrote:

Haven't seen this answered yet, and maybe is a stupid question, but does the bonus 250 Mb carry over? Example: if in June I have left 100Mb, for July will I have those 100Mb + July's 250Mb?

Plan Features DO NOT carry/roll over. Any Canadian Add ons Roll over till used up as long as your Account is Active. 

Great, thanks for the help!

surreyboz

@Juno wrote:

Haven't seen this answered yet, and maybe is a stupid question, but does the bonus 250 Mb carry over? Example: if in June I have left 100Mb, for July will I have those 100Mb + July's 250Mb?

Plan Features DO NOT carry/roll over. Any Canadian Add ons Roll over till used up as long as your Account is Active. 

Juno

TheOldVR

I just moved both my parents over the new plan with unlimited incoming..... they are gonna love this!!!!!

Some good news - yay!!! 

DSM18

1) Login to your account

2) Select the "Plan and Add-Ons" tab

3) Select the "Change Plan" button

4) It should be the first plan in the list, you'll have to click on the details link off to the right of the tab.

Call-forwarding is considered outgoing, as your phone is directing it to a different number.  If your voice mail is inactive due to your call-forwarding you will consume the duration of the call in your outgoing direction.

Regular voicemail direction is a call forward, but it not consumed.

smp99

@pm-smayer97 wrote:

@smp99 wrote:

Does anyone know if CallFwd minutes counts towards incoming or outgoing minutes? 

If you are asking about call forwarding to a specifically defined #, the answer is yes.

If you mean simply either not answering or even forcing your phone to not answer calls and the calls automatically being forwarded to your voicemail, the answer is no. On this latter part, take a look at this earlier reply regarding minute usage and voicemail:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Get-Unlimited-Text-and-100-mins-of-Talk...

Let me clarify. My question is now based on the fact that this plan now has unlimited incoming minutes. If CallFwd is treated as incoming, then you should have unlimted CallFwd as well. So is CallFwd considered an outgoing call or an incoming call?

missorange
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Anonymous , that is interesting, but it should be unlimited as stated.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@DSM18 wrote:

Its in the plan change section!

The curious thing is that after selecting it and future dating it then going back to look at its presence...it doesn't say anything about the unlimited incoming.

Need Help? Let's chat.