cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

For a limited time - Get an extra $20 Credit when you refer a friend to Public Mobile

Tiana_V
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Update as of December 31, 2019: This offer is now expired.

Hey Community,

Starting November 25th, 2019 for a limited time, you get a $20 credit (on top of the regular Referral perks) when you refer a friend to Public Mobile and they activate online or in-store. 

You

Your friend

• $1 off your payment every 30 days for as long as your friend stays with Public Mobile  
  • *New* Extra $20 one-time credit
  • $10 one-time credit

Get the full scoop below.

Taking advantage of this promo is easy. Just follow these steps:

As a Public Mobile customer you need to:

1. Be a good pal and refer a friend to Public Mobile.
  2. Tell your friend that they need to successfully activate online or in-store on any plan during the promotional period and include you as their referrer in order to be eligible for the promotion. Learn more about Referral Codes HERE
  3. The extra one-time $20 credit will be applied to your Self-Serve account within 72 hours of your friend’s activation. In addition, you will continue to be eligible for the $1 referral credit off your monthly bill for as long as your friend stays with Public Mobile.

Your friend will need to:

1. Purchase a Public Mobile SIM card online or in store. Click here to find a store
  2. Activate a Public Mobile SIM card online or in-store.
  3. Enter your active Public Mobile referral code on the referral page during the activation process. The one-time $10 credit will be applied to their Self-Serve account within 72 hours of activation.

FAQs and terms and conditions are below. Happy referring!

-Public Mobile Community team

Spoiler
Refer a Friend Promotion FAQs
1. Where do I find my referral code?

Visit this link to learn more about referral codes.

2. If I am referred and then I refer a friend or family member am I eligible for both sender and receiver rewards? 

Yes, you are. This means that you would receive one $10 credit for being referred. Then, after activating with Public Mobile, you are eligible to take part in this promotion as a referral sender and earn $20 Refer-a-Friend credits during the promotional period. Learn more here
3. I just joined Public Mobile through this offer, am I eligible for the ongoing $10 Refer a Friend Reward credit?

Yes, you will receive the ongoing one-time $10 account credit.

4. When does this promotion end? 

This promotion is available for a limited time and is subject to become unavailable at any time.

Terms and Conditions

Referral sender (current Public Mobile customer)

• All existing Refer a Friend eligibility requirements and rules apply. To learn more, visit publicmobile.ca/rewardrules.  
  • You and your referee have to accept these terms to participate in the program.
  • You can only refer individuals with whom you have a personal or family relationship to ensure compliance with Canada's anti-spam legislation.  
  • You can’t refer yourself or an existing Public Mobile customer.
  • TELUS team members, contractors, sales representatives acting on TELUS's behalf and associates at retail locations who receive special pricing are excluded from this promotion.

Referral receiver (your friend)

• You must input the referral information (referrer’s Public Mobile referral code) during your activation.
  • You and your referrer have to accept these terms to participate in the program.
  • After activating with Public Mobile, you are eligible to take part in this promotion as a referral sender.

OTHER

TELUS assumes no responsibility for lost, delayed, damaged or misdirected referrals or communications or for any failure of the website, for any problems or technical malfunction of any computer online systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or referral to be received by TELUS on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or any combination thereof including any injury or damage to your (or any other person's) computer related to or resulting from this program. TELUS reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to change, cancel or suspend this program should a virus, bug or other cause beyond the reasonable control of TELUS, corrupt the security or proper administration of the program or for any other reason. Referrals are subject to verification and will be declared invalid if they are illegible, unintelligible, falsified, altered or tampered with or unlawful in any way. Referrals submitted by unauthorized means will be disqualified. In the event that it has been determined that a referral has been made in a manner not sanctioned by these terms, you and all of you referrals will be disqualified from this program and any referral credits that have been awarded will be deducted. You agree to abide by the terms of this program and the decisions of the TELUS team, which are final. This program is subject to all applicable laws and regulations.

TELUS may end the promotion or change any of the terms at any time, without notice and without obligation to award any promotion.

PRIVACY

Your privacy is important to TELUS. We have a long-standing policy of protecting the privacy of our customers in all of our business operations. Please visit telus.com/privacy for more information on the principles that govern the collection, use and disclosure of personal information. These principles reflect our continuing commitment to protecting our customers' privacy.

223 REPLIES 223

c70nut
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I referred someone but didn't get a credit.  Did the promo end?

Taruney
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I also used a friend's referral code 

Taruney

I just switched to Public Mobile on December 15. When and where can I see the $10 Also I chose the 25 dollar plan which is supposed to give me $0 for my first bill where can I see that as well. I am very new and want to figure it all out.

buiya
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@AE_Collector wrote:

Note that the $20 is added to your "available funds", not into one of the rewards categories. It is possible that it was added there very soon before your renewal which then used it towards renewal and you never "saw it". Thus you would have to check your billing history as well.

AE_Collector

Thank you for clarifying this, now I just need to refer and hopefully before it expires

Note that the $20 is added to your "available funds", not into one of the rewards categories. It is possible that it was added there very soon before your renewal which then used it towards renewal and you never "saw it". Thus you would have to check your billing history as well.

AE_Collector

@hdam99 wrote:

Hi, 

My friend activated his account on December 1st.  I received $1 off, but not a $20 one time.

Anything that I need to do to get it?

Thanks,

...-H

@hdam99  Yes there is....somewhere along the way you didn't get the bonus $20 credit which can take 72 hrs to be applied to your account. Log in and double check it hast been applied. If not click on the (?) at the bottom right of your screen and submit a ticket via Simon explaining your issue. Make sure you ask for a human or rep...fill out as best ad possible and then wait for a message from the moderators thru your private message box. Since you have already the $1 reward it shouldn't be a problem adding the $20 credit to your account.

@iPhoneUser wrote:

Did this offer expire? If yes, when?

It's active. No expiry announced.

iPhoneUser
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Did this offer expire? If yes, when?

@waternlava 

So you were referred thus you got $10. The person who referred you got $20 plus $1 per month for as long as you remain a customer of PM.

AE_Collector

@waternlava wrote:

@Tiana_V wrote:

Hey Community,

Starting November 25th, 2019 for a limited time, you get a $20 credit (on top of the regular Referral perks) when you refer a friend to Public Mobile and they activate online or in-store. 

You

Your friend

• $1 off your payment every 30 days for as long as your friend stays with Public Mobile  
  • $10 one-time credit

2. Tell your friend that they need to successfully activate online or in-store on any plan during the promotional period and include you as their referrer in order to be eligible for the promotion. Learn more about Referral Codes HERE
  3. The extra one-time $20 credit will be applied to your Self-Serve account within 72 hours of your friend’s activation. In addition, you will continue to be eligible for the $1 referral credit off your monthly bill for as long as your friend stays with Public Mobile.

1. Purchase a Public Mobile SIM card online or in store. Click here to find a store
  3. Enter your active Public Mobile referral code on the referral page during the activation process. The one-time $10 credit will be applied to their Self-Serve account within 72 hours of activation.

Spoiler

2. If I am referred and then I refer a friend or family member am I eligible for both sender and receiver rewards? 

Yes, you are. This means that you would receive one $10 credit for being referred. Then, after activating with Public Mobile, you are eligible to take part in this promotion as a referral sender and earn $20 Refer-a-Friend credits during the promotional period. Learn more here
3. I just joined Public Mobile through this offer, am I eligible for the ongoing $10 Refer a Friend Reward credit?

This promotion is available for a limited time and is subject to become unavailable at any time.

Terms and Conditions

• All existing Refer a Friend eligibility requirements and rules apply. To learn more, visit publicmobile.ca/rewardrules.  
  • You and your referee have to accept these terms to participate in the program.
  • You can only refer individuals with whom you have a personal or family relationship to ensure compliance with Canada's anti-spam legislation.  
  • TELUS team members, contractors, sales representatives acting on TELUS's behalf and associates at retail locations who receive special pricing are excluded from this promotion.

• You must input the referral information (referrer’s Public Mobile referral code) during your activation.
  • You and your referrer have to accept these terms to participate in the program.
  • After activating with Public Mobile, you are eligible to take part in this promotion as a referral sender.

OTHER

TELUS assumes no responsibility for lost, delayed, damaged or misdirected referrals or communications or for any failure of the website, for any problems or technical malfunction of any computer online systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or referral to be received by TELUS on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or any combination thereof including any injury or damage to your (or any other person's) computer related to or resulting from this program. TELUS reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to change, cancel or suspend this program should a virus, bug or other cause beyond the reasonable control of TELUS, corrupt the security or proper administration of the program or for any other reason. Referrals are subject to verification and will be declared invalid if they are illegible, unintelligible, falsified, altered or tampered with or unlawful in any way. Referrals submitted by unauthorized means will be disqualified. In the event that it has been determined that a referral has been made in a manner not sanctioned by these terms, you and all of you referrals will be disqualified from this program and any referral credits that have been awarded will be deducted. You agree to abide by the terms of this program and the decisions of the TELUS team, which are final. This program is subject to all applicable laws and regulations.

TELUS may end the promotion or change any of the terms at any time, without notice and without obligation to award any promotion.

PRIVACY

Your privacy is important to TELUS. We have a long-standing policy of protecting the privacy of our customers in all of our business operations. Please visit telus.com/privacy for more information on the principles that govern the collection, use and disclosure of personal information. These principles reflect our continuing commitment to protecting our customers' privacy.

I just got referred to Public mobile and I signed up on the 9th of December. For some reason I didn't get the extra 20 $, just 10 $. How come? Can someone help me?

Hi @waternlava 

When you refer somebody you get 20 and new customer gets 10

Hope it helps

waternlava

@Tiana_V wrote:

Hey Community,

You

Your friend

• $10 one-time credit

Spoiler

Terms and Conditions

OTHER

PRIVACY

I just got referred to Public mobile and I signed up on the 9th of December. For some reason I didn't get the extra 20 $, just 10 $. How come? Can someone help me?

hdam99
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, 

My friend activated his account on December 1st.  I received $1 off, but not a $20 one time.

Anything that I need to do to get it?

Thanks,

...-H

hdam99

@AE_Collector wrote:

I had seen that response from Alan K. There were just quite a few of us who were skeptical about it.
1- that it would actually be removed if someone UPGRADED their plan.

2- that it would actually be programable to automatically be removed when data add-ons never worked that way in the past.

If things like this are so easily automated, how about a way to automate the addition of 10 day roaming add-ons to an account so a customer can select the number of consecutive running add-ons they want and it will simply happen.

AE_Collector

@AE_Collector  @muldersarah69  Said "The mod changed it start Dec 10th. The mod put the 5gb back." Im assuming she didnt want to chance it so asked the moderator to schedule the plan change. Once the moderator tested the theory it did in fact disappear and the moderator returned the 5gb to the plan. Unless its a giant ruse so customers dont try to change their plans to discover it doesnt disappear. Now if this means you must ask a moderator to schedule the change to recieve the 5gb or you can do the change yourself and ask afterwards for the 5gb back i am not sure...

Siva2

Best way to Save your money and Your friend Money.

I had seen that response from Alan K. There were just quite a few of us who were skeptical about it.
1- that it would actually be removed if someone UPGRADED their plan.

2- that it would actually be programable to automatically be removed when data add-ons never worked that way in the past.

If things like this are so easily automated, how about a way to automate the addition of 10 day roaming add-ons to an account so a customer can select the number of consecutive running add-ons they want and it will simply happen.

AE_Collector

@AE_Collector wrote:

@darlicious wrote:

..... And it will disappear @muldersarah69was able to message a moderator who agreed to restore it when the plan was upgraded. Whether this sets a precedence or if it's on a case by case basis remains to be seen. I do believe this gives hope to all those who chose the $35 plan.

I missed that, so someone who got the 5Gb add-on on that promo upgraded to a higher $ plan and confirmed that the 5Gb was deleted? I know that was the wording but we were skeptical that it would happen, even if downgrading below $35. It was gone instantly? A moderator agreed to reinstate it? I recall asking if the coding couldn't be changed as it was going to lead to unhappy customers who upgraded!

AE_Collector

@AE_Collector  This is Alan_k response to the specifically asked question:" Will you lose the 5gb data bonus if you change plans?"@z10user4 Thanks for the question; changing your plan (any kind of change) will cause the one-time 5 GB Add-On to be removed this time around due to the way the promotion was coded. 

I think this clarifies that the 5gb data bonus will disappear and you will have to message a moderator and appeal/ask for it to be added back if you upgrade your plan.

philipmac03

Great thx

But give it at least 72 hours before doing anything.

AE_Collector

jacquelinemywon

I am waiting for the $20 credit too! You can also click on the '?' dialogue icon on the bottom of the screen and ask them to check your account too. 

@darlicious wrote:

..... And it will disappear @muldersarah69was able to message a moderator who agreed to restore it when the plan was upgraded. Whether this sets a precedence or if it's on a case by case basis remains to be seen. I do believe this gives hope to all those who chose the $35 plan.

I missed that, so someone who got the 5Gb add-on on that promo upgraded to a higher $ plan and confirmed that the 5Gb was deleted? I know that was the wording but we were skeptical that it would happen, even if downgrading below $35. It was gone instantly? A moderator agreed to reinstate it? I recall asking if the coding couldn't be changed as it was going to lead to unhappy customers who upgraded!

AE_Collector

@cellphoneuser1 wrote:

@powerg21 wrote:

I believe if you change the plan to less than $35, you will lose the BONUS 5GB of data, That is how I interpret the plan detail. 

Yes, it's gone with any plan change even if it's still over $35.

@cellphoneuser1and @powerg21  If you refer to Re: Plan from yesterday the loss of data stipulation is a little ambiguous now. While it is programmed to remove the 5gb if the plan is changed. And it will disappear @muldersarah69 was able to message a moderator who agreed to restore it when the plan was upgraded. Whether this sets a precedence or if it's on a case by case basis remains to be seen. I do believe this gives hope to all those who chose the $35 plan.

@powerg21 wrote:

I believe if you change the plan to less than $35, you will lose the BONUS 5GB of data, That is how I interpret the plan detail. 

Yes, it's gone with any plan change even if it's still over $35.

powerg21

TmainPMcommunit

Nice

@jacquelinemywon  This offer is valid from November 25th forward...until they announce its ending. When did you sign up? If more than 72 hours have passed then open a service ticket via Simon (?) explaining your issue by clicking on the (?) At the bottom right of your screen. You can ask the moderators to add the extra $20 To your friends account. Your friend was referred and they referred you?

jacquelinemywon

Hi, just wondering if this was still valid? My friend signed up and referred me recently but we each only received the $10 credit on our accounts and not $20 for him. 

With PM not having the advertising budget of the big guys and so many being scared off by or at least uncertain about 3G like speeds, customer advocates are very likely the best way to acquire new customers. These referral promos benefiting the existing customers are great in my opinion!

AE_Collector

nachoman42

This is a great deal.  I got a couple people from my office to sign up!

@Samaanthag wrote:

Does anyone know if this is still available?

I just referred a friend, got a text saying my rewards have been applied to my account. I received $2???? AKA $1 for the monthly friend referral, but another dollar for... nothing...? 
Will the $20 come later or should I do something about this?

If it's up in the announcement section, it's on. If you read the first post you see that there will be a delay for the $20 credit. As for the additional $1... Psssst! 😉

Need Help? Let's chat.