cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Re: For a limited time - Get an extra $20 Credit when you refer a friend to Public Mobile

Michael Griffiths

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Re: For a limited time - Get an extra $20 Credit when you refer a friend to Public Mobile

Still not clear!

If I refer friend to PM, will I get $10+20=$30 or will I get only $20 referral bonus within 72 hours?  Thanks in advance!

Mayor / Maire

@Montrealpost 

@Montrealpost wrote:

Still not clear!

If I refer friend to PM, will I get $10+20=$30 or will I get only $20 referral bonus within 72 hours?  Thanks in advance!

You will get $20 credit and ongoing $1 per month credit as long as friend stays with PM.  Your friend will get regular $10 friend credit.  

How often do promotions like this happen? I get the feeling that I shouldn't recommend anyone to PM except while a promotion is happening...

It feels a bit bad because I joined less than a week ago, so my referrer loses out on $20 because I was too quick Smiley Tongue

Mayor / Maire

@pmbrown wrote:

How often do promotions like this happen? I get the feeling that I shouldn't recommend anyone to PM except while a promotion is happening...

It feels a bit bad because I joined less than a week ago, so my referrer loses out on $20 because I was too quick Smiley Tongue

Its unpredictable when the promo or Flash sale happens. Just gotta keep watching. Maybe look just before a long weekend or holiday.

Mayor / Maire

Here is a previous thread about getting announcements about promos.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/Re-How-to-get-notified-of-ANY-New-Promo...

Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I seem to always have a few friends who are "thinking about switching" but left on their own it doesn't happen. I always use the arrival of promotions to step up the pressure on them to "get it done". Usually the promotions are for them, the new customer but at times like right now through Monday December 2 there is a promo for the new customer AND the person making the referral. I keep a spare SIM card or two on hand as well so that if they can't get one in time (especially during short promotions) I can solve that problem as well. Time to get your salesman hat on! 

AE_Collector

I love all the perks that public mobile has to offer! I definately suggest to all my friends they should switch! 

@pmbrown wrote:

There are times when there are no promotions. A lot of the time, there are weekend promotions. So, they're not rare, but it's more of a matter of if the promotion that is being offered appeals to you. There's no guarantee that the next offer with be either better or worse, so my suggestion would be to grab a plan if you like what you see. There's no point in gettting upset at a better offer coming along after signing up because we can't travel back in time to reverse things. If you're happy with any promotion that you were able to take advantage of, something offered to new customers later shoudln't change your level of satisfaction.

Mayor / Maire

Sometimes the promos offer ten or twenty bucks (one way or another), sometimes a "free" month of service, sometimes extra GB. Sometimes multiple things in different combinations.

So you can sometimes score another $20 (or whatever) by sitting out a "bad" promo and waiting to catch a "good" promo. A lot of people do that - and I think it's bad math because it means they still have to pay an extra $50 (or whatever) each month they stay with another carrier.