cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Re: For a limited time - Get an extra $20 Credit when you refer a friend to Public Mobile

I am brand new to this.  Upset that my Bell bill just increased to $70/month for 1 gig.  I plan to join Public mobile this week to save money.  I don't game or watch videos or tv on my phone.  I have rarely run out of data on my 1 gig a month Bell plan, I used 200mgs last month as I just checked my bill!!  So I plan to go with Public and get the 5 gigs of bonus data 'in the bank' so I don't run out of data.    I think the $25 public  mobile plan will be fine for me.  I have Samsung S7.  

Anyone have advise for me?

Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Re: For a limited time - Get an extra $20 Credit when you refer a friend to Public Mobile

My advice is that If you used only 200 Mb last month, go with the $15 PM plan using the 5Gb of data to cover if you exceed the included 250Mb! You can change plans any time you want to.

AE_Collector

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

You need to be on the $35 dollar plan to get the bonus 5GB.

From November 25 to December 2, customers that activate online or in-store will receive a one-time bonus 5GB of data. Simply activate before December 2, 2019 11:59PM ET, on a $35+/mo plan to claim this offer. This will be applied as an Add-On. This offer is available to new customers only and not stackable with any other promos (except for Refer-a-friend bonus).

GR
Mayor / Maire

@versysrob  if you're aiming for the 25$ plan then I would suggest get the 35$ plan to get the 5gb bonus data and then next month bring it back down to the 25$plan and the bonus data should stay on your account and be there incase you need it.  Also don't forget a refferal code to get a 10$ credit on your new activation!  Make sure you call bell first to unlock your phone but don't cancel your bell account if you want to keep your phone number, after you port your phone number to public mobile it will close your bell account automatically 

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@versysrob  @LA21  @GR  please note in the details of the 5gb data bonus add on is for plans $35+ and says the data add ons will expire if the rate plan is changed. Best to get clarification on this before advising to change plans after activation.

@AE_Collector wrote:

And the expiry date is?

AE_Collector

Currently, there is no date set.

Mayor / Maire

@darlicious wrote:

@versysrob  @LA21  @GR  please note in the details of the 5gb data bonus add on is for plans $35+ and says the data add ons will expire if the rate plan is changed. Best to get clarification on this before advising to change plans after activation.

Where do you see that? I don't see that stipulated. The $35 yes but not the plan change.

Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@darlicious 

If so.... Good catch, that is a new wrinkle to the data add-ons. I would suspect this might be like the last promo where it will be clarified that you can change plans but if you drop below the $35 minimum plan cost the add-on will expire. Still even that seems a bit odd. If they want to force you to stay at or above $35 forcawikevtgey coukd hand these add-ons out 1Gb per month for the first 5 months if you stay at $35 or above.

In any event, now that PM has settled in on the $35 plan being the minimum for many of these promotions, it would be nice if they made it a more competitive plan with maybe 3Gb of data.

$25 = 1Gb

$30 = 2Gb

$35 = 3Gb

$40 = 5Gb

AE_Collector

@z10user4 wrote:

@darlicious wrote:

Where do you see that? I don't see that stipulated. The $35 yes but not the plan change.

Its in "Offer details" at https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/plans/blackfriday .

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Tiana_V wrote:

@computergeek541 wrote:

@Tiana_V  - Can you clarify please?  The details say to wait 72 hours from the time of "online activation" in bold, but earlier, refererence is made to "onlne or in -store".

Also, is this referral promotion stackable with other offers? (Specifically the 5GB offer that says can't be stacked with other offers)

Editted the post for clarity: activation can be online or in-store. As for stackability, the Black Friday 5GB is stackable with this RAF offer, as stated in the post. 

Just to make surre -- (1) the friend will receive $10 (2) the person refering will receive $20

OR when you say "extra $20" do you mean the friend will receive the regular $10 PLUSS the extra $20 ?