cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Re: For a limited time - Get an extra $20 Credit when you refer a friend to Public Mobile

@computergeek541  Thanks....i still suck at the copy and paste : Bonus data will expire if account becomes inactive or the rate plan is changed. This is the best I could do! I could have typed that faster.

Mayor / Maire

Re: For a limited time - Get an extra $20 Credit when you refer a friend to Public Mobile

@computergeek541 wrote:

@z10user4 wrote:

@darlicious wrote:

@versysrob  @LA21  @GR  please note in the details of the 5gb data bonus add on is for plans $35+ and says the data add ons will expire if the rate plan is changed. Best to get clarification on this before advising to change plans after activation.

Where do you see that? I don't see that stipulated. The $35 yes but not the plan change.

Its in "Offer details" at https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/plans/blackfriday .

Thank you computergeek541. How do people find these links? Edit:nvm I see it now off the home page. Edit again: and then I saw the reply Smiley Happy

Anyway...we've seen these promos before and then @Alan_K  comes on and says well no it's applied as an add-on therefore it stays with the account regardless of plan. PLAN promos yes. But this is an add-on. Certainly as always the wording suggests otherwise. I suspect that's the usual stock text they put in. So yes...we need a clarification.

@z10user4 wrote:

Its in "Offer details" at https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/plans/blackfriday .

Thank you computergeek541. How do people find these links?

In this case, it's on the Public Mobile homepage.  I do not know if this the case other times, but if information is uploaded ahead of time, someone might be able to see additonal contents of the site, depending how well Public Mobile hides things.

Mayor / Maire

I cannot find the expiry date for this referral promo.  I am assuming that this promo will continue until next PM announcement.  Am I correct?

Mayor / Maire

@popping wrote:

I cannot find the expiry date for this referral promo.  I am assuming that this promo will continue until next PM announcement.  Am I correct?

I'd say that's a reasonable assumption. They had an extended similar promo last year around this time too that went to early Jan.

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@versysrob wrote:

I am brand new to this.  Upset that my Bell bill just increased to $70/month for 1 gig.  I plan to join Public mobile this week to save money.  I don't game or watch videos or tv on my phone.  I have rarely run out of data on my 1 gig a month Bell plan, I used 200mgs last month as I just checked my bill!!  So I plan to go with Public and get the 5 gigs of bonus data 'in the bank' so I don't run out of data.    I think the $25 public  mobile plan will be fine for me.  I have Samsung S7.  

Anyone have advise for me?

Hi @versysrob 

You could start with 5 gig plan as it will give you that nice bonus

It is very easy to switch your plan if you change your mind

But if you don't change your usage preferences i would suggest you move down to 25 plan. 5gigs will take years to consume for overages( unless you have unfortunate accident of accidental streaming or providing free WiFi on an airport which actually happened to people on this community, accidents do happen)  i know somebody who took the advantage of the same deal in spring, and he only used 80megs so far. At this rate he'll still have it in a decade

Also once run out of it, current price is $30 for 1gig, and that doesn't expire stays with you until you use it up. Definitely beats bell's $70 for a gig that's gone at the end of the month. 

The price between 1g Abe 5g plan is 15, so if that add-on lasts you more than 2 months, you're making money.

Another thing i woud suggest is to open public mobile acount with temporary number just to test it out, it takes minutes to execute port of your original number from bell, right from your selfserve. Once you are sure it's working well for you, you can port. The signal should be same as they share the equipment (telus and bell) but there may be someb differences which you would notice right away, forb example bell supports volte and public doesnt, so if you are in the area of weak 3g but strong lte, using bell you wouldn't even know, but with public your calls may be dropping. This doesnt happen often, it's really rare, but you want to make sure before you port

Please use the referral, if you don't have any friends you can ask here inn the community privately, or you can head over to public mobile subreddit, there is a friendly bot there that will hook you up with another user

Hope this helps

Cheers

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

wow very good

Mayor / Maire

It's 

Mayor / Maire

@versysrob wrote:

I am brand new to this.  Upset that my Bell bill just increased to $70/month for 1 gig.  I plan to join Public mobile this week to save money.  I don't game or watch videos or tv on my phone.  I have rarely run out of data on my 1 gig a month Bell plan, I used 200mgs last month as I just checked my bill!!  So I plan to go with Public and get the 5 gigs of bonus data 'in the bank' so I don't run out of data.    I think the $25 public  mobile plan will be fine for me.  I have Samsung S7.  

Anyone have advise for me?

I would advise you to consider signing up for the $35 plan by Dec 2.

The bonus 5 GB can stay on your account forever. You never know when a power outage or a vacation away from home will chew up your data.

When you get the 5gb bonus, you can set your $25 plan at next renewal. $10 is an amazing price for 5 GB of data which doesn't expire until you use it.

Oracle

@totalUser @versysrob Currently the $25 plan with autopay bonus gives 1 GB/30 days. 

In any case, you're correct in that signing up for a $35 plan will kick in the 5 GB add-on which will remain even if the plan is changed on the 1st renewal. Robot Very Happy

Also @versysrob , hussle a little and refer a friend to get the promo $20 referral credit. https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/For-a-limited-time-Get-an-extra-20-Cred...

>>> ALERT: I AM NOT A MODERATOR. JE NE SUIS PAS MODERATEUR.