Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FLASH SALE: Get your second month FREE when you activate online

Catherine_T
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey Community, 

Effective immediately, for a limited time only, we are offering your second month free when you activate on any plan online! This will be applied as an account credit and the offer is available to new customers only. Rules and conditions apply.

How to Get this Offer: 

1. Submit your email address here before October 26, 2020, 11:59PM ET.
  2. Receive a confirmation message that the email address you’ve submitted is now eligible for the offer.
  3. Activate on a plan online before November 6, 2020, 11:59PM ET to redeem this offer.

How to Activate:

1. If you still need to purchase a SIM card, click here to order a SIM card online through Public Mobile. Your SIM card will be shipped within 3 to 7 business days. You can also order your SIM card through Amazon, and choose your shipping speed. Alternatively, you can purchase a SIM card by locating a retailer near you. 
  2. Visit activate.publicmobile.ca to activate at home on any plan by November 6, 2020, 11:59PM ET.
  3. The credit value that you will receive will be equal to the price of the rate plan on which you activated your SIM card. This credit will cover the rate plan cost only. It will not cover additional costs such as Add-Ons.
  4. Eligible customers will be credited the 30-day rate plan amount within 30 business days. These credits will count towards your next plan renewal.
  5. You will not need to top-up your account at your first renewal date, unless you purchase Add-Ons, change or future-date your plan to a more expensive plan during the first 30 days. Note that, if you have registered for AutoPay, you will continue to receive your $2 AutoPay reward every 30 days. All Reward rules, which can be found at publicmobile.ca/rewardrules, apply.  
  6. This offer is not stackable with other in-market promotions

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

- The Public Mobile Community Team

75 REPLIES 75

@JoyLuck 

This person not only did not meet the requirement of registering their email address by Oct 26 but missed the activation period (by Nov 6) that followed the registration period. Anyone can contact moderators asking for a deal but it doesn’t seem right to me to waste the moderators time with something like this and make them the bad guy to enforce rules that make it fair for those who meet promotion requirements. A 1 day miss is one thing but this is much more than that. 

JMHO.... AE_Collector

@reddysar7 wrote:

I have activated on 7-November, would it possible to consider this offer for me

Contact the Moderator Team (Public Mobile representative) for assistance to see if they will give you this promo after the fact.

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Choose the chat bubble in the lower right hand corner and follow the prompts.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

reddysar7
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have activated on 7-November, would it possible to consider this offer for me

Shawnie33
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

What a great promotion. We have 1 teen on this service and it’s been perfect and affordable. 

@VEGAbear11 

Unfortunately you will not qualify for this promo despite activating within the promotions time frame there too many other conditions that you do not meet.

FLASH SALE: Get your second month FREE when you activate online

Hey Community, 

Effective immediately, for a limited time only, we are offering your second month free when you activate on any plan online! This will be applied as an account credit and the offer is available to new customers only. Rules and conditions apply.

To clarify its not two months free (and never upfront) once you activate and meet the conditions then you will be credited the amount of your plan you activated on within 30 days.

How to Get this Offer: 

1. Submit your email address here before October 26, 2020, 11:59PM ET.
  2. Receive a confirmation message that the email address you’ve submitted is now eligible for the offer.
  3. Activate on a plan online before November 6, 2020, 11:59PM ET to redeem this offer.

You did not meet conditions #1 and #2 and while you did activate between October 26th and November 6th you did not activate online

However if you forgot to enter a referral code at activation then you can still have the moderators enter it for you to recieve the $10 bonus referral credit. You can ask any of your new friends here for their code via private message only if you dont have one already.

Welcome to public mobile!

@VEGAbear11 wrote:

How do I add my email to obtain credit?

You had to register your email by midnight eastern Monday night and then register a new account by sometime in early November using that same email address. If you didn't register your email by last night or have already activated the new account....you missed it. If you don't need to get activated ASAP with PM I would wait to see what Comes up for Black Friday anyway.

AE_Collector

@VEGAbear11 wrote:

You had to add it by Oct 26th. Contact a moderator to see if they will grant you the promo.

Here’s how to contact the Moderator Team (Public Mobile representative) for assistance:

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Choose the chat bubble in the lower right hand corner and follow the prompts.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

VEGAbear11

Anonymous
Not applicable

@VEGAbear11 wrote:

Hi,

I’m  new here I activated my phone last evening but when I was in the store I had to pay money I said what about the first 2 months free he said I had to take it up with Public Mobile 

so from what I’ve read I have to wait 30 days for a credit?

@VEGAbear11 

The promo was to activate yourself online. Not in store. Click on the little 1 to the lower left of here and you'll see the details of this promo.

VEGAbear11

Hi,

I’m  new here I activated my phone last evening but when I was in the store I had to pay money I said what about the first 2 months free he said I had to take it up with Public Mobile 

so from what I’ve read I have to wait 30 days for a credit?

wbg13
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Thanks to all.  Hoping that everything will run smoothly and that I won't need the email or need to follow up etc.

@wbg13 

Public mobile hasn't always sent confirmation emails for email sign up flash sales. When they have its often a few days before it's about to expire. This is probably the quickest they've ever sent one out ( the day after the sign up window's expiry date.) Saving the email "just in case" it's needed is prudent.

Screenshot_20201027-133917.png

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@wbg13  The times are right for the email as the system does it automatically. 

All you had to do was enter your email on the flash sale promo link before October 26th 11:59PM Eastern. So once that ended a mass email was sent to all the people that qualified.

Now people have till November 6th to activate a sim card with that email to get the 2nd 30 days free.

Keep an eye in your account for the credit November 13th or afterwards for it to be applied.

If you signed up with a referral code for a $10 signup bonus and if you also did auto-pay. Those credits are applied within 72 hours of activation. The first $2 is credited to your account as system can't apply it at signup and would go towards the 2nd 30 day payment (normally) as well you should see $2 under My Rewards which system will apply to available balance automatically at 2nd renewal which will continue like that always going forward. In this case since you get a credit for 2nd 30 day plan you would have $4 in available balance for 3rd payment (or $14 if you used a referral code) plus at renewal time for 3rd payment a $2 autopay reward under the My Reward section that will be credited by the system bringing balance to $6 or $16 for 3rd payment. That $6 or $16 will be debited before charging your card (if on auto-pay) for your 3rd payment. Example $25 plan minus $16 equals $9 plus province taxes for 3rd payment.

Welcome to Public Mobile 🙂

wbg13

Thanks @kb_mv and @computergeek541 

Just odd they never emailed this at the time that I registered my email but days later.  Not to mention when I already activated also.

@wbg13 

I wouldn't be concerned about this e-mail message.  i believe that it likely it was aent to all who submitted an e-mail address for this offer. If anything, this e-mail message helps support your case if you don't receive the credit.

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@wbg13 If you have already activated, save the emails/screenshots of your congrats message. This along with your activation date should be good to prove you did all you needed to do to qualify in the event that you don't get the second month free. Welcome to PM.

wbg13

I submitted my email for this flash sale (I think on Oct 24) and then activated a plan on Oct 25 so before the Nov 6 activation deadline.  However, today I just received an email with the Subject line: Don't forget to activate on your free month of service with Public Mobile and in the body:

Congrats! Your email was received and is eligible for our limited time flash sale.

Get 30 days of service for $0. Activate by November 6 using this email address to receive this offer*.

Should I be concerned that it didn't recognize this offer on my activation?

@darlicious 

That should please some regulars and annoy some others!

Watch out for hanging chads on the punch card reader.

AE_Collector

@AE_Collector 

As you can see I only let my @helper out of the basement once or twice a year as its a lot of work hand feeding the univac 5000 my hand written stats. It's currently crunching numbers for my latest top secret stats thread!

@darlisious has an @helper in her basement doing the big calculations. We throw her a replacement vacume tube now and again to keep the Univac 5000 in service.

AE_Collector

dac13
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@darlicious Wow!  Thanks for doing the math and your input.  This community is great with people like you who take the time to help others out!

@dac13 

The only monetary advantage to signing up to a higher data plan and switching to the $15 plan is the same regardless of what plan you choose between $25 and $50. It's $10 extra. So if you really can't be bothered with how much data you can play with for the first month then just sign up for the $25/1gb plan and downgrade to the $15 plan. The math:

$15 plan : month 1) prepay $15 credit $15+$10 referral credit +$4 ($2+$2 autopay) =$29  $29-$15(month 2) =$14+$2(a/p)=$16-$15(month 3)=$1+$2 (a/p)=$3 month 4 requires $12 to be added to renew service $3+$12=$15-$15=$0 month 5 and beyond is $13 w/autopay

$25 plan : month1) prepay $25 credit $25+$10 referral credit +$4 ($2+$2 autopay) =$39 $39-$15(month2)=$24+$2(a/p)=$26-$15(month3)=$11+$2(a/p)=$13+$2(you add)=$15

$15-$15(month4)=$0 month 4 requires $2 vs $12 with the $15 plan only month 5 is $13

TMS

@computergeek541 

Do we even have to ask that?” 

I’ll always ask. 😂 

Freedom is killing it with their $35-10GB deal. I get it that their coverage is spotty, but at least offer something a little more competitive. 

TMS

@Kupster 

“Regardless I think it really nice of Public Mobile to continously offer great deals, when all the other big carriers dont.👍

Hmmmm. You can only take advantage of this promo once as it’s for new accounts only. Chatr is owned by Rogers (a Big Company) and they’re the ones who offered this in the first place. 

Kupster

Whichever way its a win for us subscribers. So I say its an awesome deal. It another point I can use in recruiting my friends to switch to PM. They get a great deal and I get referral code point. WINWINWIN🤩

@Brock106 wrote:

What if I messed up the order.......

1. Submit your email address here before October 26, 2020, 11:59PM ET. - Done 1st
  2. Activate on a plan online beforeNovember 6, 2020, 11:59PM ETto redeem this offer. Done Second
  3. Receive a confirmation message that the email address you’ve submitted is now eligible for the offer. Done 3rd

@Brock106 

You should be fine.  In previous similar promotions, the confirmation email was not sent as described in the terms and conditions.  If you don't receive the credit, you should be able to contact moderator for assistance.  

Brock106

What if I messed up the order.......

1. Submit your email address here before October 26, 2020, 11:59PM ET. - Done 1st
  2. Activate on a plan online beforeNovember 6, 2020, 11:59PM ETto redeem this offer. Done Second
  3. Receive a confirmation message that the email address you’ve submitted is now eligible for the offer. Done 3rd

@TMS wrote:

Did PM come up with this sale or did they dupe what Chatr did?

Do we even have to ask that?  The "Prepaid Three" copy most things that one of the others does. Customers probably also churn between the three on a regular basis for these free 30 day/free month offers. 

@Michael6 wrote:

So if I understand correctly, it's this promo or the free 3gb of data, not both? 

I wouldn't be so sure about that. First off, I have not tested this theory. There's also no real point in asking Public Mobile for an official answer because they'll just give you the scripted answer that the promotions are not combinable as per the terms of the free 30 day offer.  However, what I'll say is how the free 30 day offer doesn't require any type of promo code. A large part of the reason that some offers aren't stackable is because of the fact that you can't use 2 different promo codes during activation.  I'm sure that some people might try to chance this, but if someone ends up losing the free 30 day offer, that person probably shouldn't complain about it.

Kupster

Regardless I think it really nice of Public Mobile to continously offer great deals, when all the other big carriers dont.👍

Need Help? Let's chat.