Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FLASH SALE: Get one month of service for $0 when you activate

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Hey Community, 

From April 21 - 26 at 11:59PM EST, new customers can get one month for $0 when they activate on any plan online or in-store

This offer is available to new customers only. Rules and conditions apply.

How to Get this Offer: 

1. Submit your email address here
  2. Receive a confirmation message that the email address you’ve submitted is now eligible for the offer.
  3. Activate on any plan online or in-store to redeem this offer.

How to Activate:

1. If you need to purchase a SIM card, click here to order a SIM card online through Public Mobile. Your SIM card will be shipped within 3 to 7 business days. You can also order your SIM card through Amazon, and choose your shipping speed. Alternatively, you can purchase a SIM card by locating a retailer near you. 
  2. Visit activate.publicmobile.ca to activate online, or activate in-store by May 7 with the same email address.
  3. The credit value that you will receive will be equal to the price of the rate plan on which you activated your SIM card. This credit will cover the rate plan cost only. It will not cover additional costs such as Add-Ons.
  4. Eligible customers will be credited the 30-day rate plan amount. The credit will be applied towards your third month of service, within 60 days of activation. This offer is subject to change without notice.
  5. You will not need to top-up your account at your second renewal date, unless you purchase Add-Ons, change or future-date your plan to a more expensive plan during the first 60 days. Note that, if you have registered for AutoPay, you will continue to receive your $2 AutoPay reward every 30 days. All Reward rules, which can be found at publicmobile.ca/rewardrules, apply.  

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

- The Public Mobile Community Team

75 REPLIES 75

@Meow  & @Yummy 

Actually they are promos to help you convince and sign up your friends now that you are a PM customer. They will appreciate having someone watching on their behalf for the best moment to switch netting the best “New Customer Promo” and you getting another referral in the process. I know this to be true because you yourself @Meow  seem disappointed that you didn’t have someone do that very thing for you.

I have been a PM customer for almost 2 1/2 years now and I still message all my friends that I have converted to PM to inform them of good New Customer Promos so that they can work on their friends and get more referrals themselves. Making lemonade you know.....

AE_Collector

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

Yeah.... I had similar experience... I signed up and boom, after a day or two 'free month promo' appeared...

This is all nice and dandy but these promos usually appear a day or two After you sign up with PM 😞

And most or maybe all Community members are Already PM clients so this promo is just to 'annoy' current members 😉

@hTideGnow wrote:

Yes, I was wondering the other day when I saw  Lucky Mobile has a promotion running.  So, we are matching now.

I don't recall who did this flash sale first this time, but Public Mobile has been matching ohters after-the-fact for quite a while now. I was pleasantly surprised that Public Mobile made the $35 and $50 plan better before either Chatr or Lucky.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

Yes, I was wondering the other day when I saw  Lucky Mobile has a promotion running.  So, we are matching now.

Darcyandtrina1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

FLASH SALE: Get one month of service for $0 when you activate

@Quigley 

Brunch recipes are always free...no promo required. My boxes of cereal do come with a free referral code inside! 😁

@AE_Collector   Sorry the cereal was included with the promo last month, not this promo. I think this promo includes 6 free brunch recipes. Get in line.

@darlicious 

Yeah but does it come with at least a dozen boxes of cereal as well as about 6 months of service for the price of one?

AE_Collector

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Quigley wrote:

@Anonymous   The only problem I can see with that code is that if you do a plan change, the 2 GB of data is supposed to drop off your account.  Don't know about that happening, but who knows maybe not. 

@Quigley : That would be another one of those YMMV situations around here.

@darlicious : Don't shoot me I'm only the piano player. YMMV.

@Anonymous 

Since this is a newly announced promocode vs it being previously used before today it would not appear to work.....it would be less adventageous to use it vs the free month credit since 2gb=$30 and the minimum plan to recieve this offer is $35 so your credit would be a minimum of $35. I don't see the point of pm offering it if it isn't stackable? As its to compete with other offers being marketed by other providers? It was previously stackable......as mentioned by @Quigley and I can confirm it as well.

@Anonymous   The only problem I can see with that code is that if you do a plan change, the 2 GB of data is supposed to drop off your account.  Don't know about that happening, but who knows maybe not. It's still a great carrot to dangle in front of potential referrals if their on the fence about joining Public.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@darlicious : This thread from earlier today.

@Quigley : Good to know. I'm well aware of the many little quirks that go our way around here. Obviously not that one but I'm not surprised.

@Anonymous 

Where is the fine print for the promocode....that I do not have.

@Anonymous    That code still works though. I used it for the last promo. Like I always say, try it you've got nothing to lose.

Anonymous
Not applicable

There it is! Thanks darlicious. I knew you'd come through spelling it all out.

One niggle...the fine print of the promo code says not stackable.

@darlicious  Exactly, that's what I was getting at with the exception that you'll probably get your credit ( whatever it is ) after you do your plan change ( for the second month ).  Not like the last promo when you had your referral not schedule the plan change until the credit was already deposited into their account. This time around you might not get the credit before your plan change for the second month. If that's the case, just hope you still get the greater of the two. The way things are around here, you just never know. lol  That's all I have to say about that.  It's still a great deal when you stack it with the CCS offer.   Period.

@Anonymous   🔨🔨🔨 

@Anonymous 

If anyone is not clear on this......

1. Activate with CCS to recieve a free sim card on the $50 plan. You will pay $25+ gst ($26.25) or if you are in Ontario ($28.25). For the first month you will have unlimited canada wide calling, international texting ( SMS+MMS) and 10.5gb of data ( on autopay).
  2. After activation schedule a plan change on your next renewal to your preferred plan. ie. $15 plan. With the $10 bonus referral credit and $2 autopay reward you will owe $3 + tax for your second month of service.
  3. You will then recieve the $50 credit ( sometime in the first 60 days) which will pay for your next 3 months of service leaving you with a credit of $5 ( perhaps purchasing the $5/500 min canada wide calling add on would be a good idea)+$6 in autopay rewards. Your 6th month will cost you either $4 or $9 + tax.
  4. Activating a $35+ plan you can also try using the promocode ( give it to CCS when they activate your free sim card) BONUS2GB to see if this code is still valid. ( Last used successfully March 29th as far as I know.)

If all is used successfully $26.25 up front cost nets you $90 in credits/ bonus data.😉

Edit: Success with the promocode and the newly stated terms and conditions is YMMV. Shipping via canada post from CCS is 5 business days. The deadline for their stackable offer is April 24th. Always best to preregister your email address with pm despite CCS claims of not needing to.... best to be safe than sorry.

Edit: The CCS offer has been extended to 3pm et on April 26th.

@Quigley 

Yes you will have to treat this promo differently as you will likely have to pay for your second month as the free "month" credit is not guaranteed to apply before your first renewal but all other terms apply normally....

1. The credit value that you will receive will be equal to the price of the rate plan on which you activated your SIM card. This credit will cover the rate plan cost only. It will not cover additional costs such as Add-Ons.
  2. Eligible customers will be credited the 30-day rate plan amount. The credit will be applied towards your third month of service, within 60 days of activation. This offer is subject to change without notice.
  3. You will not need to top-up your account at your second renewal date, unless you purchase Add-Ons, change or future-date your plan to a more expensive plan during the first 60 days. Note that, if you have registered for AutoPay, you will continue to receive your $2 AutoPay reward every 30 days. All Reward rules, which can be found at publicmobile.ca/rewardrules, apply.  

So other than having to pay for your second month I don't see any difference?

@Anonymous  I'm waiting with my stackable promos, codes and opinions. lol

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm waiting for the hammer from the bargain finder extraordinaire with amazingly convoluted mixtures of coupons and points and stacked deals and promo codes etc. Tap tap tap...I'm waiting. 🙂 You might have awakened the beast there Quigley.

@darlicious  Once you reread the promo details and what I've said already, l'm sure you'll see what I'm getting at eventually. You may have to treat this promo a little differently than the last promo. That's what I'm getting at.

@Quigley 

I think my point being is there us nothing stopping you from downgrading your plan before your first renewal......from the $50 plan to the $15 ( If you so desire) and still recieve the $50 credit if that is the rate plan you activated on.....otherwise I don't understand the point you are trying to make.....?

@darlicious  I know all that. Just saying you may  have to pay for two full months before getting a credit, what ever it is depending on what plan you get. 

@Quigley 

You may not get any credit before your first renewal it makes no difference on the credit itself....as your 30 day credit is based on the rate plan you activate on.

@darlicious  You may not get your $50 credit before the first renewal is due though. Since their taking up to 60 days to give it. Just saying.

Anyone planning on stacking this offer with the CCS bundle offer has until April 24th to complete their order. Shipping averages 5 business days with Canada post. To maximize your savings activating on the $50 plan and downgrading to your preferred plan for the second month ( before your first renewal) will conform to the terms and conditions.

fujiyama
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Nice to see another promo!

I skimmed through the post and saw "60 days" then "second renewal" right after and got confused lol. It made sense after rereading it slowly though...

@Kandit 

If you did activate in bc then register your email and cross your fingers and hope for the best. Alternatively if you didn't port a phone number in you can still take advantage of this offer.

Thank you @will13am! I'll pass along your feedback.  

Need Help? Let's chat.