cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Vivian_Y
Public Mobile

Alert Ready Test on May 5, 2021

Hey Community,

On May 5, 2021, provincial and territorial governments will be conducting another test of the Alert Ready system. Alert Ready is designed to deliver critical and potentially life-saving alerts to Canadians. Test alerts educate Canadians on what an emergency alert will look and sound like in the event of a life-threatening situation.

The test alert will be distributed on TV, Radio and wireless. However, not all Canadians will receive the test alert on their mobile device. This may occur for a variety of reasons; device compatibility, connection to an LTE network, cell tower coverage and device software and settings.

To learn more about the Alert Ready service, what devices are supported, and the test schedule for your province or territory, visit alertready.ca.

-Public Mobile Community Team

Asher2
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

ALERT READY TEST

I know that there is an alert ready test scheduled for May 5th as found on announcements in the community.

But i found news (link here https://mobilesyrup.com/2021/04/29/alert-ready-issuing-test-emergency-alerts-on-may-5-in-select-regi... )

That the Ontario Alert Ready test is cancelled, is this true???

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

Re: ALERT READY TEST

@Asher2 

I think you have answered your own question according to the article

Re: Alert Ready Test on May 5, 2021

It's good to see the linked site showing the correct information. Too often, I have seen news articles (and sometimes even cell phone carriers) incorrectly state that data needs to be enabled when it actually doesn't.

popping
Oracle

I just received an alert from Alberta about the new COVID-19 restrictions in Alberta.

Stay positive, Test negative.  Have a better and better days!

RosieR
Mayor / Maire

@Asher2 wrote:

I know that there is an alert ready test scheduled for May 5th as found on announcements in the community.

But i found news (link here https://mobilesyrup.com/2021/04/29/alert-ready-issuing-test-emergency-alerts-on-may-5-in-select-regi... )

That the Ontario Alert Ready test is cancelled, is this true???

Hi @Asher2 I am in Ontario, so the link you provided is helpful.  thanks

Have a great weekend

RosieR

fellow customer

prairiedogbob
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

This is good information to know the last time it snuck up on me and scared the bejesus out of me!

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

Thanks for the head up.  

I hope people would not complain again this time, ppl just like complain about alert like this .. LoL

kaytus

This is good information to know the last time it snuck up on me and scared the bejesus out of me!

Dtack

Good to know - thanks for the heads up!

Need Help? Let's chat.