cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Oracle

Re: FLASH SALE! From October 20 to 21 - Get a SIM + your next 30 days of service for $0 in-store!

@mcs11 wrote:

My kid and I moved over to Public Mobile on the last couple of these flash sales, for which we are grateful.  The kid needed a phone & a plan, and I needed to get away from my old carrier. We did have some initial issues with my kid's phone number, and we were lucky enough to get a very quick response (within 24 hours). I really love these sales, I love the good-value plans that are being offered, but I do admit that the recent trend toward customers waiting a long time for assistance makes me a little more reluctant to refer family & friends over in case they run into issues. I was willing to deal with any problems, but it's another thing to ask anyone else to deal with it unless they are reasonably patient and/or tech savvy. Just some feedback for Public Mobile that despite the strong community, they still need to be able to support customers when there are legitimate technical issues.

There should be none but BE PREPARED is an answer to managing activation woes.

>>> ALERT: I AM NOT A MODERATOR. JE NE SUIS PAS MODERATEUR.
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Re: FLASH SALE! From October 20 to 21 - Get a SIM + your next 30 days of service for $0 in-store!

Can I activate the $10 plan ($8 after auto pay) in stores with this promotion and still get the $10 and $1/30 day referral bonus?

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

"Re: FLASH SALE! From October 20 to 21 - Get a SIM + your next 30 days of service for $0 in-store! "
I assume this deal can only be had "in store" such as Walmart". I inquired at Walmart and was told that in order to get this promotion I would first have to purchase from them a $20 +tax=$22.60 voucher. Is that correct?

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@sapphire13 wrote:

Can I activate the $10 plan ($8 after auto pay) in stores with this promotion and still get the $10 and $1/30 day referral bonus?

Yes. Just to clarify, the $10 is for the person activating and the $1/30 days bonus is for the person refering.

Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Beer

Yes, you will need to pay for the first month first and activate at Walmart.  Then within 72 hours, you should receive the 2nd month credit.  Make sure that you get a friend referral for extra $10 credit.  Sign up for autopay and get ongoing $2 credit

Mayor / Maire

I am not sure about retail activations, if they can use credit cards for payments or if they only use vouchers.  If you have another retail partner close by I would go there.

Mayor / Maire

@Dunkman can Walmart setup auto-pay with a credit card at activation? Or do they have to buy vouchers to activate?  That is how I understood the previous question 'Walmart required to buy a voucher"

Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@mimmo_L

Sorry, I might have misunderstood message.

When I signed up for Walmart, I was able to put in my credit card for autopay on activation of SIM card.  Actually, the rep let me put in the card information myself.  

Mayor / Maire

@Beer wrote:

"Re: FLASH SALE! From October 20 to 21 - Get a SIM + your next 30 days of service for $0 in-store! "
I assume this deal can only be had "in store" such as Walmart". I inquired at Walmart and was told that in order to get this promotion I would first have to purchase from them a $20 +tax=$22.60 voucher. Is that correct?

@Beer that is incorrect you can activate with a credit card.

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@mimmo_L wrote:

@Beer wrote:

I assume this deal can only be had "in store" such as Walmart". I inquired at Walmart and was told that in order to get this promotion I would first have to purchase from them a $20 +tax=$22.60 voucher. Is that correct? in order to activate

@Beer that is incorrect you can activate with a credit card.

Perhaps I didn't frase it correctly before. Yes one could use a  credit card but if they prefered not to input their card info, then they would need to purchase a voucher.