cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FLASH SALE! From October 20 to 21 - Get a SIM + your next 30 days of service for $0 in-store!

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Update as of October 22, 2018: This plan is now expired.

Hey Community,

Effective October 20, 2018 until October 21, 2018 at 11:59PM ET, we are offering a SIM card and your next 30 days for $0 when you activate a 30-day plan in-store at participating retailers! This will be applied as an account credit and the offer is available to new customers only.

How to Get this Offer:

• 30 Days for $0: When you activate a Public Mobile SIM card in-store at a participating retailer on a 30-day plan from October 20 to October 21, 2018, you will get your next 30 days of service for $0!
    • Participating retailers include:
      • Walmart
      • London Drugs
      • The Mobile Shop
      • WOW! mobile boutique
      • K-Mobile
      • Select Koodo Authorized Dealers
    • The credit value that you will receive will be equal to the price of the rate plan on which you activated your SIM card. This credit will cover the rate plan cost only. It will not cover additional costs such as Add-Ons.
    • Eligible customers will be credited the 30-day rate plan amount within 72 hours. These credits will count towards your next plan renewal.
    • For example, if you sign up on our current $35 for 1 GB at 3G speed, Unlimited Canada-wide Talk and Unlimited International Text 30-day plan, your account will be credited $35 within 72 hours of activating.
    • Eligible customers will receive a confirmation text message shortly after the credit has been applied to your account. These details can also be found by signing in to your Self-Serve account.
    • You will not need to top-up your account at your first renewal date, unless you purchase Add-Ons, change or future-date your plan to a more expensive plan during the first 30 days. Note that, if you have registered for AutoPay, you will continue to receive your $2 AutoPay reward every 30 days. All Reward rules, which can be found at publicmobile.ca/rewardrules, apply.  
  • $0 SIM Card: SIM cards will be $0 when you activate in-store only at participating retailers.

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

-Public Mobile Community Team

71 REPLIES 71

Matkel
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

If you purchased the SIM as you said, you didnt get This promotion. This is FREE SIM promotion. 

Riverman

Just hurried down to the Walmart Superstore to sign up for the flash sale, filled out all my information like my Wifes referal number and selected the auto pay option, after putting in my credit card info and paying $40 I'm then asked to pay for the sim ?????  Not.

Then I'm told that Walmart is not a "participating" store and I don't get the 30 days free either, have I misread the offer?

The store manager has promised to look into it.

Has anyone else ever run into this?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@stevenm5 wrote:

Just a quick question. On Friday night October 19th I spent about an hour to an hour and a half in Walmart setting up a new account with public mobile, only to find out about the sale the next day. Is there any way for me now to take advantage of this offer?

Thanks, 

stevenm5

Yeah that sucks for timing. And really, Walmart would have known about the promo. Sucks x 2. My case wasn't quite so immediate but the mods did offer me a little somethin' somethin' to make up for my not using a promo. They had no obligation to but it was nice "goodwill".

smp99

@oouibrahim wrote:

Hi just bought a SIM card online but found out that there is a promo in store with free Sim, Can I cancel my order and get the promo at the store ?if yes how can we proceed 

You may be able to cancel but I doubt it. You would need to private message the Mods and with the current delay, your order would likely get processed before they replied. Regardless, I would still sign up in store to get this promo and keep your online purchase as a spare SIM

smp99

@Zhuoyu wrote:

@IWorkForRogers

Refferal is not applcable when activating in store.

Referral certainly is available when activating in store. Just provide the number to the clerk

oouibrahim
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi just bought a SIM card online but found out that there is a promo in store with free Sim, Can I cancel my order and get the promo at the store ?if yes how can we proceed 

stevenm5

Just a quick question. On Friday night October 19th I spent about an hour to an hour and a half in Walmart setting up a new account with public mobile, only to find out about the sale the next day. Is there any way for me now to take advantage of this offer?

Thanks, 

stevenm5

stevenm5

Just a quick question. I spent around an hour to an hour and a half signing up for a new account with Public Mobile Friday night, only to find out about the sale the very next day. Is there anyway for me to now benefit from this promotion?

Thanks,

stevenm5

Zhuoyu
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@IWorkForRogers

Refferal is not applcable when activating in store.

Even if one has to sign up to a regular price plan...where else can you get unlimited Canada wide talk and International text and a bit of data for 30 bux. With rewards and friend referals you can even whittle that down a bit. Cost is even less if you just need basic local calling. Regular prices are pretty good considering you're in Canada. Good luck.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@RobertQc wrote:

@AnonymousYou are a trooper! Good on you, sir.

Well...when you live in a rural area you plan on the odd drive to the larger centre to get things you can't get in the rural area or closest small town.

@Anonymous wrote:

@voya wrote:

Thanks for the reply.

FYI the only availble retailer in within the community from the ad list is Walmart. 

Interesting. That's unfortunate for you. The closest place I can get a SIM is 2 hours away. Yet here I am.

@AnonymousYou are a trooper! Good on you, sir.

@voyaEach promotion does not suit all people. If you live in a remote area not much you can do. Last time they gave away free ice cream it was on the other side of the country. However these promotions and offers change. I have heard before they gave $100 ($50 for both) for activating yourself with a referral online. Thats much better than a free sim and 30 days service.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@voya wrote:

Thanks for the reply.

FYI the only availble retailer in within the community from the ad list is Walmart. 

Interesting. That's unfortunate for you. The closest place I can get a SIM is 2 hours away. Yet here I am.

voya

Thanks for the reply.

@Anonymous wrote:

@voya wrote:

I had a discussion with my local walmart shop and they do not sell SIM card.

Does this deal apply to new customers that are ordering their SIM online and will it consider the processing time?

@voya

You can also get SIM's from London Drugs, K Mobile, Wow Mobile, The Mobile Shop (Superstore/Loblaws related), apparently some (not all) Koodo outlets.

No. The promo doesn't wait and it needs to be activated in-store.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@voya wrote:

Does this deal apply to new customers that are ordering their SIM online and will it consider the processing time?

@voya

You can also get SIM's from London Drugs, K Mobile, Wow Mobile, The Mobile Shop (Superstore/Loblaws related), apparently some (not all) Koodo outlets.

No. The promo doesn't wait and it needs to be activated in-store.

voya

@alexjoy007, you will receive no credits other than a friend referral if you had one.  This promo specifically notes to activate in store, to get a free SIM and next months credits for a free month.

you purchased the sim, therefore no credits.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@CoachByrnes wrote:

I just signed up last Sunday at Walmart. Can I still get this deal?

When I started here I shortly saw a couple promos come and go thinking well that was lousy timing. I think there should be something like a price protection for say 30 days so that if some kind of deal is offered when you've just started that you could change to it.

I sent a message to the mods and they did a nice goodwill gesture for me. Not everything as the promos but a nice little somethin' somethin'.

Basically the answer is no.

CoachByrnes

I just signed up last Sunday at Walmart. Can I still get this deal?

alexjoy007

I purchased the SIM cards from Walmart. But I didn't get any credits for the next bill payment. Is that only for selected cistomers. The promotion were running even at the time I made SIM purchase.i need a reply and waiting for those.

Matkel

Yes it will work with the 10$ plan. I did it and with This very same promotion.

Matkel

Yes it will work with the 10$ plan. I did it and with This very same promotion.

BEER
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@mimmo wrote:

@BEER wrote:

"Re: FLASH SALE! From October 20 to 21 - Get a SIM + your next 30 days of service for $0 in-store! "
I assume this deal can only be had "in store" such as Walmart". I inquired at Walmart and was told that in order to get this promotion I would first have to purchase from them a $20 +tax=$22.60 voucher. Is that correct? in order to activate

@BEER that is incorrect you can activate with a credit card.

Perhaps I didn't frase it correctly before. Yes one could use a  credit card but if they prefered not to input their card info, then they would need to purchase a voucher.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@BEER wrote:

"Re: FLASH SALE! From October 20 to 21 - Get a SIM + your next 30 days of service for $0 in-store! "
I assume this deal can only be had "in store" such as Walmart". I inquired at Walmart and was told that in order to get this promotion I would first have to purchase from them a $20 +tax=$22.60 voucher. Is that correct?

@BEER that is incorrect you can activate with a credit card.

@mimmo

Sorry, I might have misunderstood message.

When I signed up for Walmart, I was able to put in my credit card for autopay on activation of SIM card.  Actually, the rep let me put in the card information myself.  

mimmo

@Dunkman can Walmart setup auto-pay with a credit card at activation? Or do they have to buy vouchers to activate?  That is how I understood the previous question 'Walmart required to buy a voucher"

mimmo

I am not sure about retail activations, if they can use credit cards for payments or if they only use vouchers.  If you have another retail partner close by I would go there.

@BEER

Yes, you will need to pay for the first month first and activate at Walmart.  Then within 72 hours, you should receive the 2nd month credit.  Make sure that you get a friend referral for extra $10 credit.  Sign up for autopay and get ongoing $2 credit

Effort
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@sapphire13 wrote:

Can I activate the $10 plan ($8 after auto pay) in stores with this promotion and still get the $10 and $1/30 day referral bonus?

Yes. Just to clarify, the $10 is for the person activating and the $1/30 days bonus is for the person refering.

BEER
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

I assume this deal can only be had "in store" such as Walmart". I inquired at Walmart and was told that in order to get this promotion I would first have to purchase from them a $20 +tax=$22.60 voucher. Is that correct?

Need Help? Let's chat.