cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Re: FLASH SALE! From November 23 to 25 - Get a SIM + your next 30 days of service for $0 in-store!

@stonechucker wrote:

@z10user4, yes, if someone doesn't have a friend referral, this is great.  But those who are trying to get friends referred, are getting screwed.

How so? You still have the opportunity to put in your friend's phone number upon activation in-store. It's literally the same form.

Mayor / Maire

Re: FLASH SALE! From November 23 to 25 - Get a SIM + your next 30 days of service for $0 in-store!

@Haiggy wrote:

@stonechucker wrote:

@z10user4, yes, if someone doesn't have a friend referral, this is great.  But those who are trying to get friends referred, are getting screwed.

How so? You still have the opportunity to put in your friend's phone number upon activation in-store. It's literally the same form.

Yes but I think his point is that that's only worth $10 to the new customer and just the repeating $1 reward to the referer as opposed to $25 for both.

Mayor / Maire

@Haiggy, yes, @z10user4 is right.

The $25/$25 offer requires online activation, rather than in-store activation.  To be honest, I don't know how Public Mobile knows the difference if it's the same form.

There has to be something from these stores that identify an in-store activation.  It's completely possible to track it via IP Address submitting the transaction if someone has set this up for the retail locations.

Mayor / Maire

@ShawnC13, I firmly believe in handshake deals as being binding.  When a friend agrees to activate so we can both receive the $25 bonus, I have every right to expect the bonus.  If someone had offered this suggestion to me when I was signing up, I absolutely would have done the online activation.

Yes, I know, it was only online activations when I signed up.  I'm just old-fashioned.

Oracle

@stonechucker wrote:

@ShawnC13, I firmly believe in handshake deals as being binding.  When a friend agrees to activate so we can both receive the $25 bonus, I have every right to expect the bonus.  If someone had offered this suggestion to me when I was signing up, I absolutely would have done the online activation.

Yes, I know, it was only online activations when I signed up.  I'm just old-fashioned.

@stonechucker, totally agree with you if your referral has agreed to the $25 for both parties.  I see the Retail promo as a way to offer a sweeter deal to those who maybe on fence.

* I am happy to help, but I am not a MOD please do not include any personal info in a private message to me, click here to private message a Moderator *
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I've got a sim card today from a walmart and I activated a 30 days plan online because the Walmart salesperson didn't give me this information even though I asked if I could activate it in-store. He repllied that I had to go online because he couldn't do it.

How come he didn't activated my plan and I had to pay $10+tx while I should have had the Sim card for free?

Thank you for your help.

Tom

Mayor / Maire

@tomessafi on an online activation, there normally is not a free SIM card.  The Walmart employee did the best they could do for you, as you say they 'couldn't activate' in store for you.

Hopefully you have/had a friend who referred you for the $25/$25 deal.

Thanks @stonechucker I have had a referral but still that doesn't make it right. The walmart salesperson didn't want to other not couldn't. He barely answered to my question and just wnated to get rid of the customers in line. In any case I don't see why I shouldn't have the promo applied to me because that man didn't want to do his job...

I guess in this situation, It's up to publi Mobile to right the wrong.

Cheers

Tom

Mayor / Maire

@tomessafi not to make light of your situation, but your story is actually kind of ironic.  I say this because there have been plenty of people that went into a Walmart locatiion to only purchase a SIM card, which they would activate online later themselves, only to have the Walmart employee refuse to sell them the card without activation and said they were not allowed.  So ironically you were only able to do what many others wanted to do.  Ideally, every Walmart location that carries the SIM cards would do either, depending on customer's wishes--I believe this is what PM intended for the partnership, but some locations/employees seem to think otherwise.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

yep @srlawren it's ironic Smiley Happy

I have sent a private message to the moderators with my purchasing ticket... we'll see what happens