cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FLASH SALE! From November 23 to 25 - Get a SIM + your next 30 days of service for $0 in-store!

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hey Community,

Effective November 23, 2018 until November 25, 2018 at 11:59PM ET, we are offering a SIM card and your next 30 days for $0 when you activate a 30-day plan in-store at participating retailers! This will be applied as an account credit and the offer is available to new customers only.

How to Get this Offer:

• 30 Days for $0: When you activate a Public Mobile SIM card in-store at a participating retailer on a 30-day plan from November 23 to November 25, 2018, you will get your next 30 days of service for $0!
    • Participating retailers include:
      • Walmart
      • London Drugs
      • The Mobile Shop
      • WOW! mobile boutique
      • K-Mobile
      • Select Koodo Authorized Dealers
    • The credit value that you will receive will be equal to the price of the rate plan on which you activated your SIM card. This credit will cover the rate plan cost only. It will not cover additional costs such as Add-Ons.
    • Eligible customers will be credited the 30-day rate plan amount within 5 days. These credits will count towards your next plan renewal.
    • For example, if you sign up on our current $35 for 1 GB at 3G speed, Unlimited Canada-wide Talk and Unlimited International Text 30-day plan, your account will be credited $35 within 5 days of activating.
    • Eligible customers will receive a confirmation text message shortly after the credit has been applied to your account. These details can also be found by signing in to your Self-Serve account.
    • You will not need to top-up your account at your first renewal date, unless you purchase Add-Ons, change or future-date your plan to a more expensive plan during the first 30 days. Note that, if you have registered for AutoPay, you will continue to receive your $2 AutoPay reward every 30 days. All Reward rules, which can be found at publicmobile.ca/rewardrules, apply.  
  • $0 SIM Card: SIM cards will be $0 when you activate in-store only at participating retailers.

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

-Public Mobile Community Team  

98 REPLIES 98

@stonechucker wrote:

@Anonymous, yes, if someone doesn't have a friend referral, this is great.  But those who are trying to get friends referred, are getting screwed.

Walmart is the worst of these retailers by far, demanding that activations occur in-store.

Why do you continue to argue with me?

Really if you are feeling screwed then you aren't looking out for the best options to bring people over.   You will still get the $1 a month and this Flash sale is the best deal for your friends.  

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Anonymous
Not applicable

@stonechucker wrote:

@Anonymous, yes, if someone doesn't have a friend referral, this is great.  But those who are trying to get friends referred, are getting screwed.

Walmart is the worst of these retailers by far, demanding that activations occur in-store.

It's all on me. Something about some of your phrasing seems to trigger an argumentative response.

I agree with you for the most part most of the time 🙂

smp99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@stonechucker wrote:

Once again, an in-store activation deal that screws over the awesome friend referral deal.

To all current subscribers, make sure you go with your friend when they go to "buy" their sim.  Make sure they buy it, and activate at home.

This only goes until Sunday. Lots of time to bring in referrals afterwards

Haiggy
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I'm really not sure why people are upset - you can STILL get the referral credit in-store, and you can still get a deal on LTE... For the referral, you just need your friend's number.. plug it in at time of activation, it's all on the same form, so it's not even hidden. Get $112 total credit if you sign up for an $87 plan - switch it after you get your credit in 5 days. Done. Almost 4 months of service with 4.5GB of data / mo - the first month will even be full LTE with the custom plan.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@stonechucker wrote:

Once again, an in-store activation deal that screws over the awesome friend referral deal.

To all current subscribers, make sure you go with your friend when they go to "buy" their sim.  Make sure they buy it, and activate at home.

But if you activate in store and get the most expensive plan then when you see the credit in your account you just future downgrade to a more modest plan and enjoy the credit. Sure the referrer doesn't get the $25 but if you don't have a referrer then this way would be more profitable to you.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

Right timing! Some good deals on 3G plans but unfortunately no LTE deals 😞

Need Help? Let's chat.