cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Oracle

Re: FLASH SALE! From November 23 to 25 - Get a SIM + your next 30 days of service for $0 in-store!

@tomessafi wrote:

Thanks @stonechucker I have had a referral but still that doesn't make it right. The walmart salesperson didn't want to other not couldn't. He barely answered to my question and just wnated to get rid of the customers in line. In any case I don't see why I shouldn't have the promo applied to me because that man didn't want to do his job...

I guess in this situation, It's up to publi Mobile to right the wrong.

Cheers

Tom

It they didn't want to why did you agree to the sim purchase and leave?  I would have stayed and got what I was looking for.  I am sure the rep acted this way is that black Friday a lot of promos from all providers and the other providers give a better commission so the rep didn't want to spend time with the PM customer when they could activate X customer and make more money

* I am happy to help, but I am not a MOD please do not include any personal info in a private message to me, click here to private message a Moderator *
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Re: FLASH SALE! From November 23 to 25 - Get a SIM + your next 30 days of service for $0 in-store!

@stonechucker wrote:

Once again, an in-store activation deal that screws over the awesome friend referral deal.

To all current subscribers, make sure you go with your friend when they go to "buy" their sim.  Make sure they buy it, and activate at home.

This may the reason why PM extended the $25 referral credit to Dec 16 - extra 10 days.

I will give my referral a SIM card and do the activation together online at home - nobody is going any where..  At least my promo is matching PM free SIM.  It is a better deal with me if my friend is planning to get $10 50/50 plan.

Mayor / Maire

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@stonechucker wrote:

@z10user4, yes, if someone doesn't have a friend referral, this is great.  But those who are trying to get friends referred, are getting screwed.

Walmart is the worst of these retailers by far, demanding that activations occur in-store.

Why do you continue to argue with me?

Really if you are feeling screwed then you aren't looking out for the best options to bring people over.   You will still get the $1 a month and this Flash sale is the best deal for your friends.  

I have to agree with this. I would rather try to give friends the best possible deal.  So if it is for them to get a free month then so be it. 

I also disagree with the concept "new 25+25 promo time to start refering friends again".  If pm is a better deal and saves people money then we should be refering whenever and not waiting to refer when it benefits us more.

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Kudos to PM Moderators. They credited my account for the job the Walmart SP didn't do.

Mayor / Maire

@tomessafi wrote:

Kudos to PM Moderators. They credited my account for the job the Walmart SP didn't do.

Wow. Again with the fast turn around. Nice pattern emerging. Glad you got it sorted.

Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

So, I drove all the way to Walmart (I live in the country) just to get this deal, and the representative simply said: "Sorry, I can't do it since the system has no option for it and she hasn't heard anything from her head office." Got home disappointed. 

Dear Public mobile, 

Please make sure the offer is in effect and its communicated to all the providers. Thanks.

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I just went Walmart and got a new SIM for a new account. The sales didn't tell me this promotion. She also charged me $10 for SIM card. I've activited the SIM already. Could I still get the credit for first month?

Mayor / Maire

@bushman wrote:

Hi,

So, I drove all the way to Walmart (I live in the country) just to get this deal, and the representative simply said: "Sorry, I can't do it since the system has no option for it and she hasn't heard anything from her head office." Got home disappointed. 

Dear Public mobile, 

Please make sure the offer is in effect and its communicated to all the providers. Thanks.

There are several other stores that could have activated for you. London Drugs, K Mobile, Wow Mobile, The Mobile Shop (Superstore/Loblaws related).

The catch word is of course "participating". Sucks.

Mayor / Maire

@helen_llw33 wrote:

I just went Walmart and got a new SIM for a new account. The sales didn't tell me this promotion. She also charged me $10 for SIM card. I've activited the SIM already. Could I still get the credit for first month?

Somebody else has reported success asking. If you can prove it with all your receipts then maybe they'll give you a break.

If you went in knowing the promo then don't expect them to tell you about it. Tell them about it and ask them to hook you up.

It's also not "first month". You pay for the first month and you get credited the amount of your plan choice into your account that can be used for the following month.

Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

I just bought a SIM card at a Wow kiosk.  No questions asked, no attempt to activate, no mention of this new promo....interesting.  I guess it will be the $25 refer a friend deal.  Net value is about the same.