cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
softech
Mayor / Maire

Re: FLASH SALE: 2GB of monthly bonus data for free*

@Haiggy technicaly you can do it.. but you willing to give up your number?? or you have to port out and port back in.. 

you do need some new SIMs but local kiosks likely love your business and will activate all these accounts for you and give you free SIMs. 

...and in fact,  your earn extra $10 in this process from Friend Referrals..  🙂

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

@Haiggy @In December of last year, there were freebies for 2GB data and long distance calling minutes.  There were freebies in Dec. 2019 as well

__1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hopefully these are back again this year. 

Haiggy
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Triguy wrote:

@Haiggy @In December of last year, there were freebies for 2GB data and long distance calling minutes.  There were freebies in Dec. 2019 as well

"2GB" and "2GB monthly" are very different things.

softech
Mayor / Maire

@Haiggy 

to be fair, all carriers care more with new subscribers..this is an industry wide issue

Haiggy

@softech wrote:

@Haiggy technicaly you can do it.. but you willing to give up your number?? or you have to port out and port back in.. 

you do need some new SIMs but local kiosks likely love your business and will activate all these accounts for you and give you free SIMs. 

...and in fact,  your earn extra $10 in this process from Friend Referrals..  🙂

The last I checked, the SIMs were $10 still, so you're not really getting an "extra $10"... and even if they were free, that's a 2 month savings after 5 years of loyalty. I don't want to cancel, port, and reactivate every 2 months for something that should be offered to all customers, not just for boosting sales statistics.

softech
Mayor / Maire

@Haiggy see..the loyalty reward stopped you.

They do have decent program for existing customers.. not best.. but decent enough to stop you.

Also, they have up the data limit for $50 this year i think

Haiggy

@softech wrote:

@Haiggy 

to be fair, all carriers care more with new subscribers..this is an industry wide issue

Not true. I have a 10GB plan from Freedom for $32.50 as an existing subscriber. New customers have to pay $60. And as for Public, a brand that features "Loyalty Pays" on their home page is hardly believable when they pull stuff like this.

@Haiggy wrote:

I thought Public Mobile cared about loyalty. This doesn't make me want to stay, it makes me want to cancel and reactivate each time a promo comes out. $5/mo. for 5 years means very little.

When it comes to porting out and back in to receieve a promo, it's quite possible that works out financially in Public Mobile's favor.  2GB likely costs the carrier next to nothing, but the rewards that are paid out are lost revenue or an expense.

The problem with making it so that existing customers do this to get the promo partially has to do with existing customers not being valued as much. Also, the other danger for the carrirer is that some of these customers won't port back it they like the new carrier better.

joesbushi
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Too Bad! I've just created a new account and activated two plans (30-07-2021) (one for my wife and one for myself). Unfortunally I just saw that flash sale. It would have been ideal to show that advertisement in your front page.

Is it possible to use that promo code afterward?

Thanks & Regards

Need Help? Let's chat.