Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FLASH SALE: 2GB of monthly bonus data for free*

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Hey Community, 

Starting July 29 to August 3 at 11:59PM EST, new customers can get 2GB of monthly bonus data for free when they activate on plans $35 or higher with promo code 2GBBONUS

This offer is available to new customers only. Rules and conditions apply.

How to Get this Offer: 

1. Submit your email address here
  2. Receive the promo code via email 
  3. Activate on any plan $35 or higher online by August 13 using the promo code to redeem this offer.

Offer Details:

• Activate on any plan $35 or more using the promo code by August 13 and get a free 2GB recurring data bonus 
  • Offer available to new customers who activate online.
  • 2GB recurring data bonus will be applied to activations on $35, $40,  $50 and $70 rate plans with the use of the promo code. Offer excludes $15 and $25 rate plans. Bonus data will expire if the account becomes inactive or the rate plan is changed. 
  • Please note it may take up to 2 business days for bonus data to be applied. 
  • This promotion is not stackable with other in-market offers.

This offer is subject to change without notice.

How to Activate:

1. If you need to purchase a SIM card, click here to order a SIM card online through Public Mobile. Your SIM card will be shipped within 3 to 7 business days. You can also order your SIM card through Amazon, and choose your shipping speed. Alternatively, you can purchase a SIM card by locating a retailer near you. 
  2. Visit activate.publicmobile.ca to activate online, or activate in-store

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

- The Public Mobile Community Team

75 REPLIES 75

@shahestates You have until August 13th.

• Activate on any plan $35 or more using the promo code by August 13 and get a free 2GB recurring data bonus 

shahestates
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@Fawcett @J_PM 

Is the 2GBBONUS code still working for signing up today for getting bonus recurring data every month? Someone said it is only limited for 6 months ?

@Khainesy 

Sometimes August most probably December.

Fawcett

I highly suggest to buy the SIM card in-store; that’s what I did and I was able to activate it very fast online. Don’t forget that you need to activate it by August 13 to benefit from the promotion.

Khainesy
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I agree, would be nice for Public Mobile to reward their loyal customers. Does anyone know if a loyalty reward promotion will be announced soon? 

Khainesy

I agree, would be nice for Public Mobile to reward their loyal customers. Does anyone know if a loyalty reward promotion will be announced soon? 

@shahestates 

This promo was recently advertised again on the community forum.  In reality, this promo has been available since early June (not advertised well).  

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/pd3-3523583103?ds_rl=1268486&ds_rl=1268486&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI7KHm3...

Who knows when the promo will actually end?  Public mobile sometimes will not let the customers know exactly.  August 13 is a safe date as advertised in flash promotion, but it could be extended afterwards.  

.. The end date of the promotion is now August 13.

shahestates

It is still valid after August 3 passed away. May I know what is the confirmed extended date for this offer?

@taytan 

I'm a loyal customer and I tend to rave about my service. I have two accounts one got a promo at activation the other didn't. Have I expected to get any promotion in the last 2 years that is only offered to new activations? No. Did some of the promotions look very appealing? Absolutely!

One was so appealing I decided to activate it as an extra data account for the bf when he needs extra data.....but I certainly didn't think I could just switch him to it. All providers offer attractive promotions to lure customers away from the competition. It is rare for them to offer the same for their "loyal" customers.

For loyal customers pm offers rewards unlike any other provider. Some take no effort at all....loyalty and autopay. Remain loyal and its a guaranteed $7 off your plan cost. Put a varying degree of effort into contributing to the community and you can get up to $15 in rewards each month. Really rave about your service and refer your friends and family you can get up $110 each month. If you take advantage of what pm offers its loyal customers you will get what no other provider offers its customers.....a $0 bill. I did and I have two $0 bills. That keeps me very loyal to pm.

taytan

Yeah I got to say it's really frustrating being a loyal customer and not being able to take advanaged of these promotions. I just left my cable TV provider over this type of thing and now I will have to shop around for a new cellplan. Actually this is how I became a PM customer...previous cell provider didn't want to provide new customer plan to a loyal customer. Oh well that's how they all want to handle it not just PM. PM you could stand out in the pack and change your policy and then your loyal customers would really rave about your service.

chukdefatey
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@efx456 So much for being a loyal customer. So someone who joins now get 2GB extra while loyal suckers (I mean customers) get 2GB less than new activations. I'm looking elsewhere and will cancel soon.

For Prepaid service there simply is no Cancellation Required, if the number you have is important to you then you Port your number to the new Provider of your choice. If the number is not important then you just stop paying. It's as simple as that.

@efx456  no need to get upset.. in fact.. all mobile carriers are like that.. they focus more with new customers than existing..  i guess with easy porting  ppl just come and go easy

but to be fair.. PM has been giving out Holiday Freebies last 2 years and some west coast customers are even getting Summer "freezies".. also, every year.. you get an extra $1 off.. and $1 for each friends you referred.. these are something hard to build back up if you leave

but of course.. if you really decide to leave.. check back with PM .. and join back when there is a promo that you like.

efx456

So much for being a loyal customer. So someone who joins now get 2GB extra while loyal suckers (I mean customers) get 2GB less than new activations. I'm looking elsewhere and will cancel soon.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@zzprodigezz : Existing accounts can't get this promo. New activations can.

zzprodigezz

Me im not able to put this bonus in my account so sad ☹️

@kaytus 

@kaytus wrote:

Isn't this the same offer that has be active for a couple of months?

Have a wonderful weekend

You are right same promotion. Just better advertised.  

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/pd3-3523583103?ds_rl=1268486&ds_rl=1268486&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI7KHm3...

joesbushi

@kaytus 

I don't know. I discovered Public Mobile earlier this week through a collegue.

kaytus
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Isn't this the same offer that has be active for a couple of months?

Have a wonderful weekend

@joesbushi 

Anytime....I hope it goes in your favour.

joesbushi

@darlicious 

Yes I've activated the 35$ Plan. I'll contact the moderators and explain the situation.

Thanks for your help

@AlexandeR6 

you can try to open a ticket with mod and explain the situation.  They are usually very understanding.

(After you open a ticket with mod, please monitor your Community inbox, envelope on the top right.  Mod will communicate with you via messaging within Community)

1. For faster response (2 to 48 hours), Click on the bubble in the lower right corner and request moderator assistance, or you can also use this direct link instead https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot. Start with typing "Submit a ticket", click on "Contact Us", click on "Other" from the choices, click "Click here to submit a ticket" then Follow the prompts to submit a ticket.

2. Or you can Send a private message to the moderator here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

AlexandeR6

Activated my service a few minutes ago and forgot to add the code. How do I get tge 2GB now?

@joesbushi 

Did you activate with $35+ plans? If so contact the moderators and explain that you forgot to add the promocode 2GBBONUS and would they kindly add it. Same goes for the referral code...hopefully you had one of those and when used yours for your wife. The moderators don't have to....but will probably do it.

@joesbushi The code had to be used when you activated.

joesbushi

Too Bad! I've just created a new account and activated two plans (30-07-2021) (one for my wife and one for myself). Unfortunally I just saw that flash sale. It would have been ideal to show that advertisement in your front page.

Is it possible to use that promo code afterward?

Thanks & Regards

@Haiggy wrote:

I thought Public Mobile cared about loyalty. This doesn't make me want to stay, it makes me want to cancel and reactivate each time a promo comes out. $5/mo. for 5 years means very little.

When it comes to porting out and back in to receieve a promo, it's quite possible that works out financially in Public Mobile's favor.  2GB likely costs the carrier next to nothing, but the rewards that are paid out are lost revenue or an expense.

The problem with making it so that existing customers do this to get the promo partially has to do with existing customers not being valued as much. Also, the other danger for the carrirer is that some of these customers won't port back it they like the new carrier better.

Haiggy
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@softech wrote:

@Haiggy 

to be fair, all carriers care more with new subscribers..this is an industry wide issue

Not true. I have a 10GB plan from Freedom for $32.50 as an existing subscriber. New customers have to pay $60. And as for Public, a brand that features "Loyalty Pays" on their home page is hardly believable when they pull stuff like this.

@Haiggy see..the loyalty reward stopped you.

They do have decent program for existing customers.. not best.. but decent enough to stop you.

Also, they have up the data limit for $50 this year i think

Need Help? Let's chat.