Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FLASH SALE: 2GB of monthly bonus data for free*

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Hey Community, 

Starting July 29 to August 3 at 11:59PM EST, new customers can get 2GB of monthly bonus data for free when they activate on plans $35 or higher with promo code 2GBBONUS

This offer is available to new customers only. Rules and conditions apply.

How to Get this Offer: 

1. Submit your email address here
  2. Receive the promo code via email 
  3. Activate on any plan $35 or higher online by August 13 using the promo code to redeem this offer.

Offer Details:

• Activate on any plan $35 or more using the promo code by August 13 and get a free 2GB recurring data bonus 
  • Offer available to new customers who activate online.
  • 2GB recurring data bonus will be applied to activations on $35, $40,  $50 and $70 rate plans with the use of the promo code. Offer excludes $15 and $25 rate plans. Bonus data will expire if the account becomes inactive or the rate plan is changed. 
  • Please note it may take up to 2 business days for bonus data to be applied. 
  • This promotion is not stackable with other in-market offers.

This offer is subject to change without notice.

How to Activate:

1. If you need to purchase a SIM card, click here to order a SIM card online through Public Mobile. Your SIM card will be shipped within 3 to 7 business days. You can also order your SIM card through Amazon, and choose your shipping speed. Alternatively, you can purchase a SIM card by locating a retailer near you. 
  2. Visit activate.publicmobile.ca to activate online, or activate in-store

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

- The Public Mobile Community Team

75 REPLIES 75

Haiggy
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@softech wrote:

@Haiggy technicaly you can do it.. but you willing to give up your number?? or you have to port out and port back in.. 

you do need some new SIMs but local kiosks likely love your business and will activate all these accounts for you and give you free SIMs. 

...and in fact,  your earn extra $10 in this process from Friend Referrals..  🙂

The last I checked, the SIMs were $10 still, so you're not really getting an "extra $10"... and even if they were free, that's a 2 month savings after 5 years of loyalty. I don't want to cancel, port, and reactivate every 2 months for something that should be offered to all customers, not just for boosting sales statistics.

@Haiggy 

to be fair, all carriers care more with new subscribers..this is an industry wide issue

Haiggy

@Triguy wrote:

@Haiggy @In December of last year, there were freebies for 2GB data and long distance calling minutes.  There were freebies in Dec. 2019 as well

"2GB" and "2GB monthly" are very different things.

__1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hopefully these are back again this year. 

@Haiggy @In December of last year, there were freebies for 2GB data and long distance calling minutes.  There were freebies in Dec. 2019 as well

@Haiggy technicaly you can do it.. but you willing to give up your number?? or you have to port out and port back in.. 

you do need some new SIMs but local kiosks likely love your business and will activate all these accounts for you and give you free SIMs. 

...and in fact,  your earn extra $10 in this process from Friend Referrals..  🙂

Haiggy

I thought Public Mobile cared about loyalty. This doesn't make me want to stay, it makes me want to cancel and reactivate each time a promo comes out. $5/mo. for 5 years means very little.

@smp99 

There have been several changes to the main plans this year alone....the province wide calling debacle, the increased data in the $35 and $50 plans and most recently the introduction of the $70/15.5gb plan......

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/NEW-70-for-15GB-Plan/td-p/696102

smp99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

They should just simply adjust the plans to include the extra 2GB. Maybe that is already in the cards for later. 

The main plans have not changed in a few years now, others have caught up and in some cases surpassed the value that PM once had. This bonus seems to becoming more regular so just update the plans and be done with it. 

@J_PM 

How does this differ from the 2GBBONUS promocode promotion that could also end at anytime? I understand giving better marketing exposure to an under advertised summer promotion but this limited time flash sale for what has been an ongoing promotion just seems silly.

Is email registration mandatory? Is August 13th now the official end date for this promocode  promotion to end? Just give us clear and concise and determinate terms when it comes to flash sales and  promotions.

Isn't this the same offer that has be active for a couple of months?

I always feel bad for people who wanted to join and take advantage of the promotion, went online and ordered SIM thinking it will arrive in 2-3 days..

They waited 2+ weeks and missed the promotion, they came here posted nasty note about the experience and demand to talk to a live person

In the end.. they were upset with their very first encounter of PM .. and SADLY that also became their last ever encounter with PM.

if you cannot deliver SIM within reasonable time, I suggest you to either take it off the online store or make a bold note about 2+ weeks delivery.   Afterall, people are all used to "reasonable" delivery time, 2 - 5 days MAX.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@J_PM : It has been demonstrated time and again that SIM's do _not_ ship within 3 - 7 days. It seems to take weeks to arrive anyway. If the SIM's are out of your hands in that time then you really need to have a heart to heart with Canada Post. Other vendors can have them delivered in less than a week using Canada Post though so I kinda doubt it's them.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

It is a good deal for new customers especially for students returning to school.

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

Good promo for new customers. Increases conversion rate when you introduce PM to your family and friends.

Need Help? Let's chat.