Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FLASH SALE: 2GB of monthly bonus data for free*

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Hey Community, 

Starting August 25 to August 31 at 11:59PM EST, new customers can get 2GB of monthly bonus data for free when they activate on plans $35 or higher with promo code 2GBBONUS

This offer is available to new customers only. Rules and conditions apply.

How to Get this Offer: 

1. Submit your email address here
  2. Receive the promo code via email 
  3. Activate on any plan $35 or higher online by August 31, using the promo code to redeem this offer.

Offer Details:

• Activate on any plan $35 or more using the promo code by August 31 and get a free 2GB recurring data bonus 
  • Offer available to new customers who activate online.
  • 2GB recurring data bonus will be applied to activations on $35, $40, $50 and $70 rate plans with the use of the promo code. Offer excludes $15 and $25 rate plans. Bonus data will expire if the account becomes inactive or the rate plan is changed. 
  • Please note it may take up to 2 business days for bonus data to be applied. 
  • This promotion is not stackable with other in-market offers.

This offer is subject to change without notice.

How to Activate:

1. If you need to purchase a SIM card, click here to order a SIM card online through Public Mobile. Your SIM card will be shipped within 3 to 7 business days. You can also order your SIM card through Amazon, and choose your shipping speed. Alternatively, you can purchase a SIM card by locating a retailer near you. 
  2. Visit activate.publicmobile.ca to activate online

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

- The Public Mobile Community Team

79 REPLIES 79

barndoor
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@cphone  

I wouldn't worry about where you activated or when .... If you are a new customer with PM  and invested in a $35 or higher priced plan and can use the data ...I'd be asking the CSA for the bonus !

@cphone 

If you fulfilled all the other requirements of the promotion by choosing a $35+ plan and activated on line you can ask the CSA ( formerly moderator)if they will add the promocode 2GBBONUS to your account.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@cphone 

that promo is for New customer Activate online only,

where you did Actviated !

cphone
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just activated last night and am waiting for help from a moderator to get service. Would I still be eligible for this promo?

@townie2   This one is online activation only.  

I understand some customers might have activated in store and PM was courtesy enough to apply the promotion back after.  However, to avoid unnecessary trouble, I still suggest you just to buy to SIM and activate online yourself

RobW1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I got my SIM for no cost at a Koodo kiosk in a mall in Edmonton.  They activated everything for me on site and everything went smooth.  When I got home I noticed the promotion online.  I messaged customer service, explained what happened and they added the promotion with no issues.  Just message them, explain what happened and I’m sure they’ll help you out.

RobW1

Click the message bubble in the bottom right corner and message a customer service agent.  Explain what happened and chances are they’ll apply the extra data.  I recently had to deal with customer service for a similar problem and they were great to deal with.

townie2

Superstore kiosk I went to said do you want us to activate it or are you going to do it at home? 

@Moomum Activation needs to be before the deadline. Ordering a sim doesn't lock the promo in.

@townie2 A lot of stores won't sell a sim unless they activate but that mean no promo.

townie2

I just walked into the Superstore kiosk and bought one, was worth the ten bucks instead of waiting for delivery, I believe Walmart kiosks sell them too. 

Moomum

The sale says need to activate by aug 31...Ive ordered my SIM card but it won't arrive in time.  How can I still get the bonus 2G as I intend to activate a new account?

Thanks!

RobW1

Just reach out to customer service.  They were very good to deal with and added. The bonus to my account with no issues.

@joshgdyck 

@joshgdyck wrote:

So I made the wrong assumption that if I signed up for a new account the 2gb would automatically be added to my account. 

Does anyone know if there is a way to retroactively add the promo to my account after the fact?

Thanks,

Did you sign up for a plan $35/month or over?  

If so, you can contact customer service agent (CSA). Ask nicely and hopefully CSA will be able to help. 

Click on the chat bubble icon on the right lower corner of website to start ticketing process to contact CSA.  Type: unable to get a promo.  Follow the prompts to submit ticket.  

Response times can take a few hours.  Check your private message inbox (envelope in upper right corner of website( for response.

@joshgdyck wrote:

So I made the wrong assumption that if I signed up for a new account the 2gb would automatically be added to my account. 

Does anyone know if there is a way to retroactively add the promo to my account after the fact?

Thanks,

@joshgdyck 

Did you enter your email for the code, then just forgot to use it?

Regardless, you could try pleading your case to the Customer Support Team. Ways to contact them here:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/contact-a-moderator

joshgdyck

Thanks,

@RobW1 

I would say both @Korth and @softech make good points. The service is very reliable the only issue that might creep up is an autopay failure this tiny possibility can easily be avoided by manually topping up your account balance before renewal. Like....after you get the reminder text to pay your bill. Log in. Top up. Take a screenshot of your overview page. After renewal log in. Check that your data and/or minute counters have reset ( if not take a screenshot and contact customer support). Check your transaction history. Screenshot it every 1 to 3 months for your records.

@barndoor wrote:

@Korth wrote:

@pkaraa wrote:

deja vu`

hope this one goes on all year round so the new users will get the bonus atleast if I cant being old PM user. 

:sulk:

No guarantees, but I think chances are fair that existing PM subscribers will get a few extra GB of free data as gifts from PM. I doubt there'll be any killer promos from the "competitors" this year - thus no need for PM to offer distracting gifts as retention bribes - but it has become a sort of tradition (expectation) around xmas season.

I'd be happy as a bit of a newbie if they just fixed the glitches and made the service reliable . I saw a convo between a couple veterans here and even they wouldn't reccommend it to someone that needed reliable service  . To me reliable is worth far more than $10 worth of data . So far for me it has been good after we got through the preliminary silliness . From the looks of the board here lately maybe those late night maintenance parties have been helping out  ...i hope so .  👍 

What's unreliable?

The service, signal, and coverage is reliable. Telus (and Bell/etc) networks, not deprioritized in any way because of third tier operator. Just as reliable as any top-tier $$$ "Peace of Mind" plan. If you don't get adequate coverage in your area on Public Mobile then you won't get adequate coverage in your on Telus (and Bell/etc) either.

The support is reliable enough. It's all online, so you wait for a message, email, or notification instead of waiting in lineup at some wireless store. Either way there's an unavoidable delay before issues can be addressed.

The Self-Serve portal, billing, community forums are reliable enough. There's room for improvement and there's still glitches. But it has (generally) improved a lot over the last few years and it's really no better no worse than any other brand. A lot of customers refuse to admit their problems are caused by "operator error" and dislike being confronted by technical frustrations since they prefer confronting face-to-face frustrations - so I admit that PM isn't for everyone - but that's not a question of "reliability", it's a choice (or even a preference), and we do get exactly what we pay for. You won't get more "reliability" by paying more somewhere else.

@RobW1 Service is actually not bad, as reliable as Koodo and Telus.

Only thing need to be aware , which many people who complained did not understand, is that PM is prepaid service.  If you missed the payment on renewal date, then the service will stop (Postpaid service let you continue to use and charge you high interest, but not for Prepaid)  You have to make sure it's paid on time.  Best is to use Autopay but Autopay occasionally fail.  So, it's best to check your My Account immediately if you see you don't have service

Also, PM as well as other Tier 3 carriers, are using 30 days cycle, NOT monthly.  So, payment day does not fall on the same day of the month, it tends to move up one day after a 31 days month

RobW1

What about the service has been unreliable?  I’m a brand new customer so I don’t know of any issues.

barndoor
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Korth wrote:

@pkaraa wrote:

deja vu`

hope this one goes on all year round so the new users will get the bonus atleast if I cant being old PM user. 

No guarantees, but I think chances are fair that existing PM subscribers will get a few extra GB of free data as gifts from PM. I doubt there'll be any killer promos from the "competitors" this year - thus no need for PM to offer distracting gifts as retention bribes - but it has become a sort of tradition (expectation) around xmas season.

I'd be happy as a bit of a newbie if they just fixed the glitches and made the service reliable . I saw a convo between a couple veterans here and even they wouldn't reccommend it to someone that needed reliable service  . To me reliable is worth far more than $10 worth of data . So far for me it has been good after we got through the preliminary silliness . From the looks of the board here lately maybe those late night maintenance parties have been helping out  ...i hope so .  👍 

Just curious though  ...how can telecom companies loose money because of covid ? 

@pkaraa wrote:

deja vu`

pkaraa
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

deja vu`

Here’s when and how to contact our Customer Support Agents:

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to our Agents. Click here to get started.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to our Agents by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

@RobW1 

Click on the chat bubble at the bottom right corner of your screen. Type account specific issue and human and follow the prompts to submit your ticket via Simple--Simon to contact the CSA's. Keep an eye on your private message box the envelope icon next to your avatar at the top right corner of your screen for a little number to pop up indicating a message from a CSA. Responding promptly will speed up service times. Current wait times are under an hour.

RobW1

How do I contact somebody?  I’ve been looking but can’t find a way.

@RobW1 

There is a targeted retail promotion of a 5gb bonus data add on maybe you qualify for it. You can ask the CSA's nicely if they will add it to your account if the retail location did not or could not and the CSA may not.....but probably will as a gesture of good will.

Must be a $25+ plan to qualify.Must be a $25+ plan to qualify.

@RobW1 wrote:

I just signed up for a $35 a month plan today and asked the rep at the kiosk if there were any promotions and he told me there weren’t.  Then I came home and saw this.  Is it possible to have this added to my plan as I literally just signed up several hours ago?

Sorry, but no as this offer was only for activations that weren't done at the store.

RobW1

I just signed up for a $35 a month plan today and asked the rep at the kiosk if there were any promotions and he told me there weren’t.  Then I came home and saw this.  Is it possible to have this added to my plan as I literally just signed up several hours ago?

MoreYummy
Mayor / Maire

i wish its for existing user plan too 🙂

Need Help? Let's chat.