cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Re: PM account and Community pages - have new look.

@Dave_M @Alan_K did you guys choose a heart design for the community favicon on purpose?  It currently looks like this:

favicon_current.png

Wouldn't a light green P on the dark green background be more appropriate?  This is just crude mock up...I'm sure your graphics department could do a better job, but this is just for illustration of the general idea:

favicon_proposed.png

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.
sa7375
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Re: Exciting changes to our brand and customer experience

The new sepia color background is beautiful and a welcome change. I find some not being too happy with it: the answer lies in offering the users the option to choose a background of their choice. 

1vk
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Good point...for many customers is pricing one of main reasons why they switched to PM. I hope that with improvments PM will not turn the way koodo did...

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@srlawren wrote:

@Dave_M @Alan_K did you guys choose a heart design for the community favicon on purpose?  It currently looks like this:

favicon_current.png

Wouldn't a light green P on the dark green background be more appropriate?  This is just crude mock up...I'm sure your graphics department could do a better job, but this is just for illustration of the general idea:

favicon_proposed.png

Looks like a Public Parking sign.

makkahn28
Mayor / Maire

Hi. I sent a pm to @Moderator_Team on something.

Haven't heard back, and sent Message hrs ago.

KamWest
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Maybe a heart with a P in it.
mimmo
Oracle

@makkahn28 wrote:

Hi. I sent a pm to @Moderator_Team on something.

Haven't heard back, and sent Message hrs ago.

@makkahn28 mods are replying in 48 to 72 hours. Also what does this have to to the announcement? Would it not have been better to post as a new topic? 

JanP

Are some accounts unaccessible while these changes happen? I can get in, but there is nothing in my account. 

Changes sound pretty good. I like that the flexibility of the plans isn't going to be completely eliminated. I hope most of the one-off add ons are still around. I love that feature, especially if I'm going out of the country for a week or two. Much less hassle just to add on roaming etc.

Tags (1)
JanP

Just tried again and I now have access to my account info. So no worries....

re: 

@JanP wrote:

Are some accounts unaccessible while these changes happen? I can get in, but there is nothing in my account. 

Changes sound pretty good. I like that the flexibility of the plans isn't going to be completely eliminated. I hope most of the one-off add ons are still around. I love that feature, especially if I'm going out of the country for a week or two. Much less hassle just to add on roaming etc.

pm-smayer97
Mayor / Maire

@Alan_K wrote:

@srlawren wrote:

@Dave_M I like the fresh coat of paint and I'm extremely excited about the ticketting system (though, also trepidatious until I actually see it live).

However, why the removal of the plan builder?  Can you please provide more info on exactly what problems this was causing?  I'm sure that in recent history, the ready-made/promo plans have been very popular, but is there not still a non-trivial percentage of the userbase that currently has a pick-and-pay plan?  I think that for a lot of people, that's one of the great things about PM, so that they can pay for exactly the services they really need.  I'd love to hear more about what the challenges are and what the advantage is to removing the plan builder.  Are existing pick-and-pay customer plans grandfathered indefinitely?  If so, can you really gain any operational efficiencies while maintaining that backward compatibility?  Could we maybe get a developer's blog entry on this?  cc: @Alan_K 

Hi @srlawren , when we decided to remove the pick and pay calculator, we found that only 1% of new customers were making plans on the calculator. To further simplify the customer experience (retail customers were often confused by the plan calculator), and to reduce issues (we constantly had problems with the calculator that would be flagged by the Community), we decided it was time for it to go.

WIth that said, anyone with a plan calculator built plan will now be considered on a grandfathered plan - that is, your rate plan features are not changing due to the calculator removal, and if you were to change your plan to something else, you wouldn't be able to go back to a grandfathered plan.

It is a self-fulling prophecy... reduce the options to be unattractive in the plan builder, people will use it less. It is not because the plan builder was not useful.

It is because PM did not offer enough interesting options because the pre-made plans tended to be cheaper (but not always). And as said before, there are still many viable options that now are no longer possible.

So this is very bad analysis. PM created the very reason why people were using it less.

Need Help? Let's chat.