cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Re: Exciting changes to our brand and customer experience

Oh Krapppp.

Have been researching PM and others for the past month and hadn't got a chance to sign up (been super busy with other things). I had finally narrowed it down to a Build Your Own for $105 giving me unlimited NW phone and INT texting... and included 3Gig of data on a 90 day plan.

So now I see that for $35 I can buy into a monthly plan only that gives me 1.5 Gig of data. I don't see this as an upgrade. Others have mentioned getting rid of the 90 day, build your own is no big deal, but halving the data is a big deal imo.

Not too happy here!

Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Great news about speeding up the website(s).  90% of my frustrations come from slow/broken sites that I've paid money to use.

Interesting logo design, what's the history on it?  Do the different fonts symbolize the multiculturalism of Canada and therefore the open nature of Public Mobile?

Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

The plan calculator was what I liked so much about PM. I think this decision needs another look.

I'm absolutely livid at the plan changes. The plan builder and 90 day options were what people I know liked about switching to PM. On top of that, separating LTE and 3G a while back was a bad enough sign, and now you've removed LTE options completely? We were working on switching our work cells over to PM at the end of the month, but since you've killed everything that was good about switching, I'm off to start looking at other companies.

Oracle

@katebeau  having work lines at pm is not ideal, if/when things go wrong the wait time to get things going agsin can be long.  Plus  if you. We'd invoices you need to request them evdry month for each account. 

Mayor / Maire

@Pondball wrote:

Oh Krapppp.

Have been researching PM and others for the past month and hadn't got a chance to sign up (been super busy with other things). I had finally narrowed it down to a Build Your Own for $105 giving me unlimited NW phone and INT texting... and included 3Gig of data on a 90 day plan.

So now I see that for $35 I can buy into a monthly plan only that gives me 1.5 Gig of data. I don't see this as an upgrade. Others have mentioned getting rid of the 90 day, build your own is no big deal, but halving the data is a big deal imo.

Not too happy here!

@Pondball 

I think you have just proven their point about the 90day plans here. On the $105 plan the 3GB were to be used over the full 90days, not 3*3GB every 30days. So the $35/1.5GB/30days IS a better deal. 

Having said that I am not happy with the the decision to take the plan builder away either. While I'm on the ready made $25plan right now, having the option to pick and choose according to my needs brought and kept me here. Now Public Mobile is literally the same as every other provider... (And I don't buy that "better/faster self serve" excuse - if anything it's again showing the lack of will to address the root problem for the crappy moderator response time: the self serve platform needs to be rebuilt from scratch to eliminate all the band-aid fixes that lead to more glitches somewhere else. )

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I was going to point out the same thing. Many seem to default to thinking that the data amount quoted is every 30 rather than 90 days for some reason. In the 9 months or so that I have been here I can’t recall seeing a 90 day plan that was a better deal than the 30 day plans. The only benefit was the ability to use less data in one month and still have it available to use the next month.

Terry

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@madhi19 wrote:

I liked the builder it let me cut up crap I don't use like texting and overpriced data. I also liked the province wide plan since I don't call out of province and it a effective way of screening out of province telemarketers and scammer.

Not really.... your outgoing calling ability does nothing to limit the areas that you receive calls from. Rest assured that scammers can still call you from anywhere in the world.

Terry

Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I like the new colour scheme, but reading a lot of text with a non-white background is difficult.  Maybe adjusting the CSS to have the colour for just posts from Antique white to white would be better, ex: pm2.jpg

@wetcoaster "I think you have just proven their point about the 90day plans here. On the $105 plan the 3GB were to be used over the full 90days, not 3*3GB every 30days. So the $35/1.5GB/30days IS a better deal."

aha... I assumed (obviously incorrectly) that the 3Gb was per month... I stand corrected

In the meantime I bit the bullet and signed up for the $25/1Gb plan... or so I thought... pressing the activation button got me a 404 - File not found page... nor can I log into the account I thought I was starting up as it doesn't recognize my email...

nice start to PM eh!

I have a message into a moderator now but this is not as smooth a start as I would have like.