cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM card

Messi10
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Good morning. My name is Ademar. I was a recent Public Mobile customer and I made the utmost mistake of leaving Public Mobile to go to another mobile company. Because of my worst experience with them in such short time, I have decided to come back to Public Mobile from where I was most happy. I don't know what drove me to leave Public Mobile. I recently purchased a mobile plan and a SIM card, however, I still have my old SIM card from before. Can I use my old SIM card?, or should I wait for my new SIM card in the mail to get things going? Also, I do want to keep my existing number of ###-###-####  when I transfer over. I can wait for the new SIM card if it's best. I'm just anxious

3 REPLIES 3

Joscotia
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Welcome back to Public 

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Messi10 

Sorry you can’t reuse the old SIM card again. The PM SIM are currently on sale at Canadian Cell Supplies online for $3 and you can arrange for pickup if you are in the Mississauga/Oakville area.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Messi10 

old sim card cannot be reused as sim card are just one-time activation.  

So, you will have to wait for the sim to come to activate.  Remember to use the Public Mobile App to start the activation and used a friend code to save  $10

For porting back your number, you will need your account with the other provider still active.  After the payment step (Step 4), you will be asked for phone number in Step 5, just choose Transfer phone number and enter the account number with the other provider (do not use IMEI). 

After the subscription, the other provider will send you a text to the sim card of that provider, make sure you reply YES within 90 mins for the port to complete

Need Help? Let's chat.