cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Re: Exciting changes to our brand and customer experience

As mentioned by others, I won’t miss the Plan Builder either as the prebuilt plans were always the best deals for me. I can understand the desire to eliminate that entire process to streamline things around here. This also ends the 90 day plans which helps streamline things as well as ending confusion. Hopefully a more complete range of 30 day plans will be launched soon ... like there used to be. I suspect that for now with the hotter competition at the big name providers, LTE speeds will be provided at TELUS. 

Terry

Mayor / Maire

I just hope that my Current Plan and My Mother's still ratains Full LTE

I think that this new Policy is completely Unacceptable, and I hope PM listens to what PPL have to say, and not ignore what PPL wish for

Mayor / Maire

I am on a 90 Day plan as well as my Mother.

It's very important and more cost efficient than the standard 30 Day

PM is in my opinion on the Wrong path

Mayor / Maire

@makkahn28 wrote:

I just hope that my Current Plan and My Mother's still ratains Full LTE

I think that this new Policy is completely Unacceptable, and I hope PM listens to what PPL have to say, and not ignore what PPL wish for

Just like how all the plans seems to work around here...once you're in one then you keep it. Don't fret. It only matters if you change. No going back.

Interestingly, the background color of the Community looks more scaled back on my laptop/more white on my laptop.  I think it's actually looks better more washed out.  On my cell phone screen, it looks more saturated, a with a yellowish tint that I don't like.

Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

It will be helping for the change #1 for customer service improvement. Will wait for the details of the system update later then. 

Oracle

@stonechucker wrote:

I’m with @srlawren  and @will13am and @pm-smayer97, losing the plan builder is the worst.

Sure, I’m on the Fall Promo, and will most likely not require a province wide selection from this carrier, as if it continues to degrade, I will leave for better pastures when they appear.

I rarely call outside Ontario, I live and work in Ontario, and I call only locally when I’ve traveled to Quebec and Halifax prior to coming to Public Mobile.  Why should I pay for Canada Wide when I don’t require it?  I came here, and I recommended subscribers here for the options in the plan builder.  You’re closing what has brought so many here.  Also too bad that when you last changed the plan builder prices, there was no long any price savings on 90-day plans.  Everyone knows, you buy in bilk, stuff is cheaper than buying the same in single packages.

@stonechucker 

Totally agree that the plan builder should have been kept, as it provided customers with customizable options to fit individual needs.  Public Mobile should live up to their own words shown on the plans page, shunted down near the bottom as if it were an afterthought: "Because you shouldn’t be charged for frills you didn’t want in the first place. Public Mobile gives you Canada’s largest mobile network for the lowest possible price." Not only should the plan builder have been kept, but the prices for each component kept as low as possible, with discounts for the longer 90-day plans to give customers maximum savings.  Now, there aren't even LTE options anymore.

By the way, someone forgot to remove the "Create your own" plan link at the bottom of the plans page. Unfortunately, it just takes us back to the same plans page. For a second, it gave me false hope that the plan builder was still available.  

PMPlansNoMorePlanBuilder_19Aug2019.jpg

Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

@mimmo  so how does this affect people who have 4g plans are we just left paying for 4g and only receiving 3g ?

Oracle

@Squintz_2C wrote:

@mimmo  so how does this affect people who have 4g plans are we just left paying for 4g and only receiving 3g ?

@Squintz_2C 

If you are on a 4g/LTE plan, you'll keep it as a grandfathered plan with the higher speed.

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

The plans page doesn't provide enough information. I shouldn't need to click "plan details" before I can learn about important features.

For example, let's take the $35 plan. The plans page used to say:

$35

30-days

1 GB data at 3G speed

+ Bonus 500 MB with AutoPay

Unlimited talk Canada-wide

Unlimited international text

Now it simply says:

$35

1 GB

So many important details are hidden. I shouldn't have to hunt for them.

This also makes comparing plans more difficult. Before, all the important details for every plan were all visible on a single page. Now these details are split over eight pages. Vexing.