cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Re: Exciting changes to our brand and customer experience

@mimmo wrote:

@Dave_M@Alan_K   looking over the plan page,  I think the plans are misleading.  ie the $25 plan shows only 500 mb data but clicking on it it shows 500+500.  similar situation with the 15$ plan.

would it be more beneficial to have the total amount of ie 1gb or 500+500, or possibly have tabs 1 for plans with autopay and one without?

Yes, so oversimplified ... poor marketing! 

Hammer, met thumbtack!

Now, baby gone with bathwater too!

@z10user4 wrote:

@VanZem wrote:

What’s with $2 autopay? Is it discontinued as it is not mentioned in the plans anymore?

Keep scrolling. The rewards are all still there.

You might be thinking of the bonus data with autopay. Click on the plan and those details are shown.

As pointed out earlier, it seems odd that the marketing department wouldn't want to say that up front as it used to. Oh well. They make more than I do.

How long will they make more $ than you, if they get less takers, since the benefits of PM are more and more hidden?

Mayor / Maire

@Dave_M , Unfortunately, How can this be exciting, when it's depressing?

The way PM is now, it feels like PM has become like the Old Republic in Star Wars, Swept Away by the reorganization of the Galactic Republic into the First Galactic Empire.

If only there was an Obi Wan Kenobi to save PM

@makkahn28I am pretty sure as long as you don't change your plan you will still be able to keep your full LTE. However Public Mobile's LTE plan is just not price competitive, it is the reality. Since Telus is a corporation, its mandate is to maximize profits, I am sure they did a ROI study and decide it is just not worth it.

@GinYVR wrote:

@makkahn28I am pretty sure as long as you don't change your plan you will still be able to keep your full LTE. However Public Mobile's LTE plan is just not price competitive, it is the reality. Since Telus is a corporation, its mandate is to maximize profits, I am sure they did a ROI study and decide it is just not worth it.

Just as I am sure they did a ROI study on benefits of hiding all the details of plans and making plan comparisons a gymnastics feat of opening multiple pages to discover them or elimitating access to such common plans as unlimited talk & text.  :-\

For a budget brand, I'm finding them less and less competive all the time.

@mimmo wrote:

@Squintz_2C  yes full lte is no longer, I believe we may see it some time again in the future as a promo or something but there is no guatenttee. if you need full lte telus would rather see you join Koodo or telus.   PM is strictly competing with chatr and lucky so it is offering similar style speeds and plans as they are.

I really don't know why people say they lost options, the plans on the builder were often more costly than the pre-made plans. And people often did not understand the concept of 90 days plans. Lte plans were priced similarly to Koodo,  and I bet few people chose anything other than Canada talk +text +xgb.  The only outlier was the provincial talk only plan which was retired officially but not in the plan builder. 

Right now PM is falling behind chatr & lucky as they offering unlimited throttled data. Lucky has 1gb canada wide with unlimited 128kbps data after 1gb is used that is on Bell network. 

Wonder if we will see more "Koodo migration" plans to attract people over to koodo/LTE

Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I liked the builder it let me cut up crap I don't use like texting and overpriced data. I also liked the province wide plan since I don't call out of province and it a effective way of screening out of province telemarketers and scammer. And I loved the 90 day thing, it let me load money in the account and not worry about it for months. As long as were not forced to drop our existing plan.

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

All I know is that we will continue to keep our $120 every 90 days for 12gigs at 4G with province wide calling.

I keep checking in, and I still don't see anything that would make me let that plan go.

Thanks PM!

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

A ticketing system is a good move. Just implementing that would cut down on a huge number of forum posts.

If you did that and made it clear on the billing page that those costs were before taxes I would not be surprised if number of forum posts were cut in half.

Oracle

I was going to change the plan in one of my accounts this morning and to my surprise, there is no more plan builder option.  The announcement said "we are saying goodbye to our build your own plan calculator".   It didn't say effective immediately.  Item 2 was preambled with "Over the coming weeks...".  I am really disappointed that this change is marketed as an exciting change.  I am not amused to say the least.