cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Re: Exciting changes to our brand and customer experience

PublicMobile is too long. Now they make it shorter to Public , so everybody can remember their name Smiley Happy

Mayor / Maire

Update to the logo is bland and unoriginal. Being a graphic artist, the colours just don't do it for me. Should of at least stuck to the orange we've all grown accustomed to. Can we also do a little lighter on the beige background? Harder to see the orange links like @stonechucker already mentioned.

Here I come out of the woodwork, and my first post is a complaint! Robot LOL

Oracle

@srlawren wrote:

@Dave_M I like the fresh coat of paint and I'm extremely excited about the ticketting system (though, also trepidatious until I actually see it live).

However, why the removal of the plan builder?  Can you please provide more info on exactly what problems this was causing?  I'm sure that in recent history, the ready-made/promo plans have been very popular, but is there not still a non-trivial percentage of the userbase that currently has a pick-and-pay plan?  I think that for a lot of people, that's one of the great things about PM, so that they can pay for exactly the services they really need.  I'd love to hear more about what the challenges are and what the advantage is to removing the plan builder.  Are existing pick-and-pay customer plans grandfathered indefinitely?  If so, can you really gain any operational efficiencies while maintaining that backward compatibility?  Could we maybe get a developer's blog entry on this?  cc: @Alan_K 

+1,000,000!  If removing plan options for customers is the way to make the portal run faster, I would tolerate the slower speed for more plan options.  I will generally agree to more plan options as this makes the service appealing to a larger customer base.  This is a step in the backward direction.  

Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@srlawren wrote:

@Dave_M I like the fresh coat of paint and I'm extremely excited about the ticketting system (though, also trepidatious until I actually see it live).

However, why the removal of the plan builder?  Can you please provide more info on exactly what problems this was causing?  I'm sure that in recent history, the ready-made/promo plans have been very popular, but is there not still a non-trivial percentage of the userbase that currently has a pick-and-pay plan?  I think that for a lot of people, that's one of the great things about PM, so that they can pay for exactly the services they really need.  I'd love to hear more about what the challenges are and what the advantage is to removing the plan builder.  Are existing pick-and-pay customer plans grandfathered indefinitely?  If so, can you really gain any operational efficiencies while maintaining that backward compatibility?  Could we maybe get a developer's blog entry on this?  cc: @Alan_K 

All changes are reasonable, except removing the plan builder. A LOT is lost there (I know SOME things are coming back but what and when)...

No LTE, no $20 unlimted calling, and many other useful combinations.

Sure, it needed some simplication but this?

Hammer, meet thumbtack...  :-\

Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Don't know about you guys but the new public logo is flawed.

How many people see two L 's in the logo?

Now match that with the double II and you have a bloody mess.

I like the new 6 month promo though so you could use a pink Paisley logo and I'd still stick around.Smiley Happy

@tonyottawa wrote:

PublicMobile is too long. Now they make it shorter to Public , so everybody can remember their name Smiley Happy

That works if everyone knows who the company is.  I realize that Public Mobile is not changing the official brand name but just saying "PUBLIC" and using that as the brand is missing what they do/what they sell.

@daredogg wrote:

Update to the logo is bland and unoriginal. Being a graphic artist, the colours just don't do it for me. Should of at least stuck to the orange we've all grown accustomed to. Can we also do a little lighter on the beige background? Harder to see the orange links like @stonechucker already mentioned.

Here I come out of the woodwork, and my first post is a complaint! Robot LOL

I'm not a fan of the new colors, but am surprised that a change wasn't done sooner. At least to me, orange made it look to me as if Public Mobile were linked to Freedom Mobile on some way.

Oracle

I don't mind losing the plan builder. Most pre-made plans were cheaper than plan builder. It removed the 90 day plans which caused issues even if it was explained, and there were no real 90 day benefits.

LTE has not been promoed for a long time.

It probably required 2 entries one for selfserve and one for public site, source of errors

As for cpu use I recall it would take several seconds to load price changes every time you clicked a different option. 

Mayor / Maire

@mimmo wrote:

I don't mind losing the plan builder. Most pre-made plans were cheaper than plan builder. It removed the 90 day plans which caused issues even if it was explained, and there were no real 90 day benefits.

LTE has not been promoed for a long time.

It probably required 2 entries one for selfserve and one for public site, source of errors

As for cpu use I recall it would take several seconds to load price changes every time you clicked a different option. 

Please change the background colour to white. What is this colour anyway,  pale salmon? Smiley Frustrated

Mayor / Maire

Is it just me or is the knowledge base missing on the mobile version? (Haven't had a chance to look at the desktop version yet)