cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Effective March 17, Legacy customer will no longer be able to use the call centre

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hey Community,

We have some important information to share with our Legacy/Pioneer customers. As a reminder, Legacy/Pioneer customers are those who continue to have access to the call centre and are on one of the five plans listed below.

• $25 Province-Wide Talk
  • $33 Canada-Wide Talk + Text
  • $45 Canada-Wide Talk + Text + 1GB Data
  • $50 Canadian & U.S. Talk + Text + 1GB Data
  • $65 Canadian & U.S. Talk + Text + 2GB Data

On March 17, 2019 the call centre that Legacy Public Mobile customers have access to will be removed. Why you ask? Well, as many of you know, Public Mobile has been on a journey to provide online-first support. Removing our Legacy call centre is one more step in that journey. We want to reassure you that this doesn’t mean we’re shutting down; we’re growing and we have exciting plans for our future that continue to reward Canadians who want to take back control of their wireless service.

More importantly, we have options for you because we know that change is always better when we can decide how it affects us. To learn more and make an informed decision, please visit publicmobile.ca/serviceupdate.

If you have any questions, please let us know! We appreciate your continued support as we continue to grow and evolve.

-The Public Mobile Team

76 REPLIES 76

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@HumbleBee wrote:

Never knew there was a call centre. Never needed one!

@HumbleBee I see you registered for the community in Summer 2016.  If that is also when you activated your service, you would not have had access to the call centre anyway, which might also contribute to your lack of awareness of it!  🙂

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

HumbleBee
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Never knew there was a call centre. Never needed one!

@Lhufana  a écrit :

I am a legacy customer. I have no access on my phone even though I am on autopay.

i need help.

Unfortunately there is a problem with legacy customers you need to reach the moderator and explain to them what happened.https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Lhufana

I am a legacy customer. I have no access on my phone even though I am on autopay.

i need help.

@legacyphone2019 wrote:

Hello I am very frustrated right now. 

I have paid bycredit card option all these years.  I was told I would still have that option just as you have the voucher option open when call *611.  I got all the prompts but got redirected when i try to make a pre registered cr card payment.  I need the use of my phone now and have no service.  Need help ASAP please.\

Post your question here in a new topic....more visible..https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/forums/postpage/board-id/paying_for_your-service    Smiley Happy

legacyphone2019
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello I am very frustrated right now. 

I have paid bycredit card option all these years.  I was told I would still have that option just as you have the voucher option open when call *611.  I got all the prompts but got redirected when i try to make a pre registered cr card payment.  I need the use of my phone now and have no service.  Need help ASAP please.\

Curtis131

They have put in a automated system for replys 

ApatheticFloW
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@DM19 

No unfortunetaly the call center closed March 17th 😕 

Everything is to be handled by the community forums. Worst comes to worse pm a mod. Or create a new thread and members and/or mods will be happy to help you. 

Can a mod reply or help this guy.

*Edit*  Lieux beat me to it 🙂  just follow the link he provided.

@DM19  a écrit :

I'm a Legacy Customer!

Is there anyway to actually communicate with anyone who works for Public Mobile?

I have a serious problem! I do not have data and I paid my bill over 24 hrs ago! It was a little late -- my plan expired on March 17, but I didn't immediately remember.

Here ask your question..you will have more help than in an old thread...https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/forums/postpage/board-id/phones_and_hardware...you can't speak with anyone..but you can write a message !Smiley Wink

DM19

I'm a Legacy Customer!

Is there anyway to actually communicate with anyone who works for Public Mobile?

I have a serious problem! I do not have data and I paid my bill over 24 hrs ago! It was a little late -- my plan expired on March 17, but I didn't immediately remember.

Public Mobile
[KNOWN ISSUE] Select customers on Province-wide talk plans experiencing outbound call issues

13:30 ET - March 19, 2019

Hey Community,

We’ve identified an issue affecting select customers on Province-wide talk plans in which outbound phone calls are unable to placed. Currently, this looks to be isolated only to Quebec.

If you’re currently experiencing this issue, please note that inbound calling, texting, and data services remain unaffected. Meanwhile, wi-fi calling services and inbound calling may meet your talk needs temporarily.

Our technical team has identified the source of the issue and is working to restore service as quickly as possible. We will provide updates as we learn more.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused and thank you for your patience.

-Public Mobile Community Team

devouges

Great !   Now the phones do not work and we connot complain !

@ApatheticFloW wrote:

I had calledCCTS, but I deleted the original text from Public Mobile about switching to Koodoo and keeping my existing plan so I figured since I'm sure I wasn't the only one who got deceived I figured the CCTS received many complaints just like mine.

Even if I put a 1 in front of the area code it still doesn't work. I'm sure Public Mobile is working on this issue as we speak. I'm confident it will get resolved asap otherwise can u imagine alm of us closing our accounts over this. I doubt that's what they want so this is a crucial problem many of us are facing so I'll be patient for now since I do have a home phone fortunately. Thx for ur reply none12.

That's the link for the bug from TVA news..https://www.tvanouvelles.ca/2019/03/19/le-reseau-public-mobile-connait-des-rates-1

Andyrewr

wow they are paying to much, they should switch

ApatheticFloW

I had calledCCTS, but I deleted the original text from Public Mobile about switching to Koodoo and keeping my existing plan so I figured since I'm sure I wasn't the only one who got deceived I figured the CCTS received many complaints just like mine.

Even if I put a 1 in front of the area code it still doesn't work. I'm sure Public Mobile is working on this issue as we speak. I'm confident it will get resolved asap otherwise can u imagine alm of us closing our accounts over this. I doubt that's what they want so this is a crucial problem many of us are facing so I'll be patient for now since I do have a home phone fortunately. Thx for ur reply none12.

none12

@ApatheticFloW 

I completely understand your frustration I was a long time legacy client like yourself and moved providers after years of public raising rates for us based on a call centre that is jointly operated with koodo.

Since they basically f'ed us over I suggest you move your plan to another public plan, you're basically getting ripped off now paying a much higher rate and not getting the promised call centre for that rate. You can try to file a complaint with the CCTS if you have your original plan details.

As for your issue try putting 1 in front of the number you're dialing. It's worked for me in the past.

ApatheticFloW

I'm an old pioneer/ legacy member I think I've been with public mobile for over 10 years now and how I found out was via the website, but what sucks is once u have an issue that we can't fix ourselves we stuck waiting for someone to help us in the mean  time I can't make calls. I think it'll be simpler to move over to Koodoo at least this way we have the option of talking to someone and getting our problem fixed immediately and not days or weeks later. I'm going to be honest I wanna stay with public mobile, since I was already deceived and received false advertising via a text from Koodoo saying I can keep my existing public mobile plan which was complete bs. I was even ready to buy the iPhone X ,but they still wouldn't allow me to keep my existing public mobile plan. So what do us Pioneer members get for being with public mobile all these years ?  I guess I will see how long it takes for my issue to be resolved and depending on the outcome that will be my deciding factor in if I stay with public mobile or switch to another company besides Koodoo for the deceit and false advertising, basically a blatant lie saying I could keep my existing public mobile plan.  If anyone can help me with my problem as per my thread about "can't make local calls". Thx again.

@bh90210  a écrit :

didn't even know a call center existed

It's closed today! No more call center even if you are a legacy customer. It was just for them.

bh90210

didn't even know a call center existed

alex_md
Customer Support Agent

@none12 it's ok, I believe you

none12

@alex_md 

If youd like I can forward you the email I received from Koodo when I made a CCTS complaint as well as the Koodo employee name and ID.

Further I can forward you the name and direct line to the Telus level 2 or 3 tech support that assisted me with I was having connection issues.

@none12 wrote:

@alex_md 

Most companies reward long time clients or legacy customers not try to get rid of them.

At least when it comes to communication / cable / etc. definitely not my experience.

As an existing customer with Public Mobile, you can take advantage of in-market offers without hassle (as long as it's not targeting new subscribers only). Getting good deals in today's cell phone market means keeping the flexibility to switch providers.

I know, I'm biased because the self serve model without phone customer support suits me personally better... But why would you insist on paying $45 "because I'm a loyal customer", if you get the same* plan for $25 - $2 auto pay reward - $4 loyalty reward now?? (Yes, as of March 18 you'll also get the rewards on the legacy plans, but it's still $20 more...)

* From personal experience: If you have a 1GB data allotment / month, you are not using it for HD streaming or online gaming (going through the 1GB in minutes), so LTE = LTE light (throttled to 3Mbps) for light users, which is totally adequate for social media, e-mail... Being on the Telus LTE network also ensures that calls on Skype, WhatsApp etc work very well.

alex_md
Customer Support Agent

Dear @none12 

As I said, please keep an eye on the website, we are not going to let our legacy customers in the dark like that. And again, Public Mobile and Koodo are different (if someone answered with "Koodo" that's an unfortunate mistake, maybe he / she worked with them before). And finally, I can 100% guarantee that if there's tech issues they are handled by our own Public Mobile reps. Thanks, Alex (mod team)

@Celito67 wrote:

HI 

There last lost my cell and can't find a way to cancel my service ..its been a week now and still being charged 

Sorry for you @Celito67 

As mentionned above just take off your credit card in your self serve account. And your account will be closed number phone...after 90 days. But you can't have a refund...public mobile that's prepaid. Even if you don't use it you have to pay for it.

none12

If you're on autopay just remove the card and you wont be charged anymore. I'm pretty sure there is no prorated fees with Public.

Celito67

HI 

There last lost my cell and can't find a way to cancel my service ..its been a week now and still being charged 

none12

@alex_md 

Most companies reward long time clients or legacy customers not try to get rid of them.

As for the call centres on more than one occasion I've called 611 on my public mobile phone and was greeted with the rep saying koodo which is how I know they share a call centre. There was also another incident which I won't mention as to not have people by pass the self serve to get to a call centre rep.

Not to mention if you make a CCTS complaint or need tech support it isnt someone from Public that responds it's usually Koodo or Telus.

alex_md
Customer Support Agent

Hey @none12

We do care about all our customers, but we also like to think it's more like a family here. I can tell that you're a bit frustrated, but I hope that our future offers will be to your liking. Maybe also keep an eye on the website? Regarding the call-centers, they are different (the only thing in common between Public Mobile and Koodo is that both are using the Telus towers, everything else is different)

Thanks, Alex (mod team)

none12

Love to see Public Mobile and Telus rewarding legacy customers, first they jacked up the rates saying it was due to the call centre then they abandon that but I guarantee the plans price hasn't gone down the amount they've raised it.

At least now when a better deal comes by I wont be loyal to Public who obviously doesnt care about its clients.

Further to this the call centre is the same as koodo so it's not like it was costing so much more to keep it open.

Csteeves71

I don't mind I haven't had trouble getting answers within the community this far!

Need Help? Let's chat.