cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Re: Effective March 17, Legacy customer will no longer be able to use the call centre

@1Dani wrote:

That would be expected as well they are losing a service.....

@1Dani

So another $5 should do the trick? $5 on $25plan is worth more than $5 on a $65 plan so if they get a discount I would suggest making it percentage based to make it fair for all.

Definitely will be interesting to see what, if anything happens.

Re: Effective March 17, Legacy customer will no longer be able to use the call centre

@1Dani wrote:

I am not legacy but why not give the legacy members an ongoing discount on the original plan to replace the personal service they are losing. I think $5 would be reasonable. PM is saving way more than that? (I am not sure how many legacies there are), by not having to run a call center. Pass that saving on to the legacy members to keep them with the network. It could be called "legacy discount"

They will be automatically receiving discounts and paying less than before. But as I said, unless you are on those $45 or $50 legacy plans, it doesn't make sense to keep these plans.

However, assuming these Pioneers stay put and don't change plans, they will be receiving a discount without needing to do anything on their ends.

Oracle

@1Dani wrote:

That would be expected as well they are losing a service..... maybe $5 is crazy but something to recognize the originals would be appropriate. Again I have no idea how many members we are talking about.

What do the Big 3 do for their long term customers to show them thanks for their Loyalty.  Here get a subsidized phone from us for free and you only have to be on a plan that costs $XXX.XX  The companies don't want people on old plans  they want to update them and have them on more expensive plans

* I am happy to help, but I am not a MOD please do not include any personal info in a private message to me, click here to private message a Moderator *
Mayor / Maire

@NDesai

My point was Koodo assist blocks you from calling call centre

Public used to allow this

Their ONLY option is migrating up to Telus if they want call centre access now

First Koodo and now Public have killed off support

PS I have used / cursed / complained about Koodo assist many times

It is a major PITA at the best of times, don't think about using it during a busy high call volume time

@NDesai wrote:

@kav2001c wrote:

@NDesai

Koodo has already killed off call centre support in favour of a virtual assistant

As well most of the legacy plans would cost more on Koodo (unless another migration is offered, but they have resisted all changes so far so not likely) 

"With Koodo Assist, you don’t have to worry about waiting on hold. Koodo Assist saves you time and answers your questions right on your phone. And if more information is required, Koodo Assist will schedule a call-back with a rep at a time that works best for you. "

If legacy customers want to move to Koodo, they will be on postpaid plans and so they will have access to call center. 

Mayor / Maire

@Jessica_T

As you can see from the "no surprise" bit you quoted, that is very old

Stuff like Siren dissapeared years ago

Also note that back then Public Mobile was officially only in ON + QC (there was a cheat for this if you wanted an out of province plan but coverage was non existant and you would have been constantly roaming)

@Jessica_T wrote:

"Public Mobile Inc. was formerly known as BMV Holdings, Inc."

"Public Mobile is owned by Thomvest Capital and Cartesian Capital Group. "

"As of November 29, 2013, Public Mobile Inc. operates as a subsidiary of TELUS Corporation."

"About Public Mobile
Formed in 2008, Public Mobile provides unlimited talk, text, Android data services and Siren music to value conscious customers in Ontario and Quebec. There are no contracts, no credit checks and no surprises."

..."no suprises"

*SUPRISE* your call center is being closed lol Smiley Wink

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I totally agree, but I thought PM was different. no phones to sell. And if a extremely happy legacy customer refers one new customer a month....

Mayor / Maire

@kav2001c wrote:

@kav2001c uhm, no, it doesn't.  If anything it saves you from sitting on hold for long periods of time, but you can still talk to someone when they call you.  How is that preventing you from using the call centre?

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.
Mayor / Maire

@1Dani wrote:

And if a extremely happy legacy customer refers one new customer a month....

@1Dani nothing stopping them from doing that. Every 30 days thereafter, these happy legacy customers will receive $1 off for each of the people they referred whom are still active customers, for an unlimited time.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.
Mayor / Maire

@srlawren

Call centre means you can call them

Having to receive a silly virtual assistant (which is impossible btw if your data connection is down or you are roaming)

Oh and virtual assistant will often cancel your callback request if you dont jump through correct hoops

Many options are wrong and result in being removed from queue

As for long hold times pick your poison

It is quite rare to be able to schedule a call back on same day (which is annoying because most of us do not know exactly what we will be doing at 2:30, 3:00 and 3:30 pm tomorrow)

And as an added inconveniance; I have used this system multiple times (between 5 to 10)

Never once has the scheduled callback actually happened at scheduled time

Now admitably an avg of 5 to 10 minutes late is not a huge deal but system is still not predicting properly

@srlawren wrote:

@kav2001c wrote:

@kav2001c uhm, no, it doesn't.  If anything it saves you from sitting on hold for long periods of time, but you can still talk to someone when they call you.  How is that preventing you from using the call centre?

Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Shutting down the call centre eh, does that mean more savings for PM, which in turn means more hiring of MODS?  If not then does some of those savings get passed on to us the consumers (i.e. larger community rewards, more promo deals).  I'm going to assume not, but I guess we'll see what happens.