cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Effective March 17, Legacy customer will no longer be able to use the call centre

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hey Community,

We have some important information to share with our Legacy/Pioneer customers. As a reminder, Legacy/Pioneer customers are those who continue to have access to the call centre and are on one of the five plans listed below.

• $25 Province-Wide Talk
  • $33 Canada-Wide Talk + Text
  • $45 Canada-Wide Talk + Text + 1GB Data
  • $50 Canadian & U.S. Talk + Text + 1GB Data
  • $65 Canadian & U.S. Talk + Text + 2GB Data

On March 17, 2019 the call centre that Legacy Public Mobile customers have access to will be removed. Why you ask? Well, as many of you know, Public Mobile has been on a journey to provide online-first support. Removing our Legacy call centre is one more step in that journey. We want to reassure you that this doesn’t mean we’re shutting down; we’re growing and we have exciting plans for our future that continue to reward Canadians who want to take back control of their wireless service.

More importantly, we have options for you because we know that change is always better when we can decide how it affects us. To learn more and make an informed decision, please visit publicmobile.ca/serviceupdate.

If you have any questions, please let us know! We appreciate your continued support as we continue to grow and evolve.

-The Public Mobile Team

76 REPLIES 76

@kav2001c wrote:

I dunno... many Legacy clients HAVE been paying MORE simply for the access to call centre

I am guessing many of them are not currently registered online here and do not use self serve

Probably very few remaining at this point

For many of these customers, after this date, there'll be no reaosn to keep these plans. 

$25 legacy plan could be changed to $25 Canada-wide talk and global texting.

$33 legacy to $30 ready-made Canada talk, global text, 500MB 3g

$65 legacy to $57 build-your-own Canada-wide and US-wide talk, global text, 2GB LTE

I beleive that it's only the $45 and $50 legacy plans that there will be a monetrary advantage over the current equivalent plans.

Jessica_T
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@srlawren wrote:

@Jessica_T wrote:

Where does this capital go?

@Jessica_T the cynic in me would like to suggest that the vast majority of it will go to the bottom line...  I would hope to be proven wrong.

@Alan_K another thought:  what happens to the staff that were manning the contact centre for PM?  Do they get re-allocated to other tasks (such as manning the contact centre for Koodo or Telus, maybe)?  Do they join the moderator team?  Are they out of a job?  I hope not the latter.  I'm not sure what you can share in this regard, but I thought it worth asking.

I was going to say probably have to be a share holder to find out where the capital is going and not just a customer.  But agree with all the questions presented by @Jessica_T and @srlawren

@ShawnC13Not sure about shareholders, but I found some info below.

To who ever reads this. This should not be edited. This is not "personal information" this information is readily available on the internet to the public. I won't go deeper nor will I fact check or look at dates, but here is some stuff.

Lisa Papas

Ms. Lisa Papas serves as Director of Corporate Communications at Public Mobile Inc.

Director of Corporate Communications, Public Mobile Inc. 877-999-5055

Lisa.Papas@publicmobile.ca / 416-710-4432 /

lisa@publicmobile.ca / 647-476-9214

Board Members

Donald Wright -  Richards Packaging Inc
Peter Thomson -  Thomvest Ventures Inc 1-650-965-4700 USA

"Public Mobile Inc. was formerly known as BMV Holdings, Inc."

"Public Mobile is owned by Thomvest Capital and Cartesian Capital Group. "

"As of November 29, 2013, Public Mobile Inc. operates as a subsidiary of TELUS Corporation."

"About Public Mobile
Formed in 2008, Public Mobile provides unlimited talk, text, Android data services and Siren music to value conscious customers in Ontario and Quebec. There are no contracts, no credit checks and no surprises."

..."no suprises"

*SUPRISE* your call center is being closed lol 😉

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Just read a post from @Mary_M, it is nice to know the moderator wait time is closed to 24 hours.   Just my guess -> PM is re-directing resources from call center to moderator online help. 

If we continue to do what we had been doing, we will continue to get what we had been getting. I like the change as long as we get improvment.  Thanks

@srlawren wrote:

@Jessica_T wrote:

@Jessica_T the cynic in me would like to suggest that the vast majority of it will go to the bottom line...  I would hope to be proven wrong.

@Alan_K another thought:  what happens to the staff that were manning the contact centre for PM?  Do they get re-allocated to other tasks (such as manning the contact centre for Koodo or Telus, maybe)?  Do they join the moderator team?  Are they out of a job?  I hope not the latter.  I'm not sure what you can share in this regard, but I thought it worth asking.

I was going to say probably have to be a share holder to find out where the capital is going and not just a customer.  But agree with all the questions presented by @Jessica_T and @srlawren

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Carld123
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Jessica_T

Should have included it...public forum..we can say what we want.....

Jessica_T

@srlawren wrote:

@Jessica_T wrote:

@srlawrenBefore posting I removed the words "swollen wallet syndrome"

srlawren

@Jessica_T wrote:

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Waouh!!!! @Jessica_T you have exposed every question I have!!! I'm a curious personSmiley Wink..Thanks

Jessica_T

It doesn't matter to me I am not a pioneer but there were resources that went into this and no more call centre = savings for public mobile. "We’re growing and we have exciting plans for our future that continue to reward Canadians who want to take back control of their wireless service. "

Can you share these exciting plans? While doing research I read about plans for improvement all over the forum going back years but still see almost all of the same complaints, issues and bugs today. Where does this capital go? Will there be more community moderators for faster response time? Cheaper plans? Bonus data? SMS add-ons? 30 Day US roaming packages? Are you hiring a project manager? Will Simon actually have abilities? More focus on development or a real ticket system, bug fixes, more user self-serve access, maybe even a reopening of the public lab?

I know it must seem overwhelming but as a customer I would feel better knowing that someone somewhere is actually taking things seriously and has a plan in motion because there is a habit of no follow through or at least a lack of communication at where things stand but we are still working on X. Not sure how to put this nicely but is there actually any good news for the customers?

srlawren

@Alan_K while this is surely unhappy news for the remaining Pioneers, I do want to say that from a look at the link in your announcement (/serviceupdate) and the pages it further links to, that your team has done a pretty good job of communicating the options available, steps to take, and so forth.  I hope the folks affected will take the time to digest this information and come to a decision that works well for them. 

The only negative to this communication is the timing, as noted ( by @ShawnC13 ) this information was available in self-serve before posted here.  In the future, it would be great if these types of changes could be better coordinated so that all pieces of the communication are made available as closely to "at the same time" as possible.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@kav2001c wrote:

@NDesai

Koodo has already killed off call centre support in favour of a virtual assistant

As well most of the legacy plans would cost more on Koodo (unless another migration is offered, but they have resisted all changes so far so not likely) 

"With Koodo Assist, you don’t have to worry about waiting on hold. Koodo Assist saves you time and answers your questions right on your phone. And if more information is required, Koodo Assist will schedule a call-back with a rep at a time that works best for you. "

If legacy customers want to move to Koodo, they will be on postpaid plans and so they will have access to call center. 

@NDesai

Koodo has already killed off call centre support in favour of a virtual assistant

As well most of the legacy plans would cost more on Koodo (unless another migration is offered, but they have resisted all changes so far so not likely)

@NDesai wrote:

Most important is to get this message out to pioneers. It does not affect any of us on current plans. In the end, it's good for them to get on the current plans because it will be cheaper with loyalty rewards. if call support is very important, move to Koodo. 

I dunno... many Legacy clients HAVE been paying MORE simply for the access to call centre

I am guessing many of them are not currently registered online here and do not use self serve

Probably very few remaining at this point

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

As a non legacy customer, I suppose a warm welcome to the community forum for the legacy customers is warranted.  The lack of a call center is not such a big deal.  The community members here are very helpful.  The moderator team is great.  You will be well looked after. 

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

Most important is to get this message out to pioneers. It does not affect any of us on current plans. In the end, it's good for them to get on the current plans because it will be cheaper with loyalty rewards. if call support is very important, move to Koodo. 

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

Good morning @Alan_K, your announcement is a little late lol many found out through the self serve and I awoke to an few private messages on the matter lol  I am sure there will be more throughout the day

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.