cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mayor / Maire

Re: Effective March 17, Legacy customer will no longer be able to use the call centre

@Jessica_T wrote:

Where does this capital go?

@Jessica_T the cynic in me would like to suggest that the vast majority of it will go to the bottom line...  I would hope to be proven wrong.

@Alan_K another thought:  what happens to the staff that were manning the contact centre for PM?  Do they get re-allocated to other tasks (such as manning the contact centre for Koodo or Telus, maybe)?  Do they join the moderator team?  Are they out of a job?  I hope not the latter.  I'm not sure what you can share in this regard, but I thought it worth asking.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Re: Effective March 17, Legacy customer will no longer be able to use the call centre

@srlawren wrote:

@Jessica_T wrote:

@Jessica_T the cynic in me would like to suggest that the vast majority of it will go to the bottom line...  I would hope to be proven wrong.

@srlawrenBefore posting I removed the words "swollen wallet syndrome"

Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Jessica_T

Should have included it...public forum..we can say what we want.....

Oracle

@srlawren wrote:

@Jessica_T wrote:

@Alan_K another thought:  what happens to the staff that were manning the contact centre for PM?  Do they get re-allocated to other tasks (such as manning the contact centre for Koodo or Telus, maybe)?  Do they join the moderator team?  Are they out of a job?  I hope not the latter.  I'm not sure what you can share in this regard, but I thought it worth asking.

I was going to say probably have to be a share holder to find out where the capital is going and not just a customer.  But agree with all the questions presented by @Jessica_T and @srlawren

* I am happy to help, but I am not a MOD please do not include any personal info in a private message to me, click here to private message a Moderator *
Mayor / Maire

Just read a post from @Mary_M, it is nice to know the moderator wait time is closed to 24 hours.   Just my guess -> PM is re-directing resources from call center to moderator online help. 

If we continue to do what we had been doing, we will continue to get what we had been getting. I like the change as long as we get improvment.  Thanks

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@srlawren wrote:

@Jessica_T wrote:

I was going to say probably have to be a share holder to find out where the capital is going and not just a customer.  But agree with all the questions presented by @Jessica_T and @srlawren

@ShawnC13Not sure about shareholders, but I found some info below.

To who ever reads this. This should not be edited. This is not "personal information" this information is readily available on the internet to the public. I won't go deeper nor will I fact check or look at dates, but here is some stuff.

Lisa Papas

Ms. Lisa Papas serves as Director of Corporate Communications at Public Mobile Inc.

Director of Corporate Communications, Public Mobile Inc. 877-999-5055

Lisa.Papas@publicmobile.ca / 416-710-4432 /

lisa@publicmobile.ca / 647-476-9214

Board Members

Donald Wright -  Richards Packaging Inc
Peter Thomson -  Thomvest Ventures Inc 1-650-965-4700 USA

"Public Mobile Inc. was formerly known as BMV Holdings, Inc."

"Public Mobile is owned by Thomvest Capital and Cartesian Capital Group. "

"As of November 29, 2013, Public Mobile Inc. operates as a subsidiary of TELUS Corporation."

"About Public Mobile
Formed in 2008, Public Mobile provides unlimited talk, text, Android data services and Siren music to value conscious customers in Ontario and Quebec. There are no contracts, no credit checks and no surprises."

..."no suprises"

*SUPRISE* your call center is being closed lol Smiley Wink

@kav2001c wrote:

I dunno... many Legacy clients HAVE been paying MORE simply for the access to call centre

I am guessing many of them are not currently registered online here and do not use self serve

Probably very few remaining at this point

For many of these customers, after this date, there'll be no reaosn to keep these plans. 

$25 legacy plan could be changed to $25 Canada-wide talk and global texting.

$33 legacy to $30 ready-made Canada talk, global text, 500MB 3g

$65 legacy to $57 build-your-own Canada-wide and US-wide talk, global text, 2GB LTE

I beleive that it's only the $45 and $50 legacy plans that there will be a monetrary advantage over the current equivalent plans.

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am not legacy but why not give the legacy members an ongoing discount on the original plan to replace the personal service they are losing. I think $5 would be reasonable. PM is saving way more than that? (I am not sure how many legacies there are), by not having to run a call center. Pass that saving on to the legacy members to keep them with the network. It could be called "legacy discount"

@1Dani wrote:

I am not legacy but why not give the legacy members an ongoing discount on the original plan to replace the personal service they are losing. I think $5 would be reasonable. PM is saving way more than that? (I am not sure how many legacies there are), by not having to run a call center. Pass that saving on to the legacy members to keep them with the network. 

@1Dani"Your account will automatically be enabled for Public Mobile Rewards on your next renewal date after March 17, 2019, allowing you to start saving even more with retroactive Loyalty Rewards. You will continue to have your original plan features."

They were not eligble for rewards before, but are now. So they can be getting an easy $2 for autopay and atleast $4? maybe even $5 for loyalty depending on when the signed up. Plus they can get referrals and community rewards. We might see a wave of new helpers soon.

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

That would be expected as well they are losing a service..... maybe $5 is crazy but something to recognize the originals would be appropriate. Again I have no idea how many members we are talking about.