cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Re: Effective March 17, Legacy customer will no longer be able to use the call centre

@alex_md 

Most companies reward long time clients or legacy customers not try to get rid of them.

As for the call centres on more than one occasion I've called 611 on my public mobile phone and was greeted with the rep saying koodo which is how I know they share a call centre. There was also another incident which I won't mention as to not have people by pass the self serve to get to a call centre rep.

Not to mention if you make a CCTS complaint or need tech support it isnt someone from Public that responds it's usually Koodo or Telus.

Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Re: Effective March 17, Legacy customer will no longer be able to use the call centre

HI 

There last lost my cell and can't find a way to cancel my service ..its been a week now and still being charged 

If you're on autopay just remove the card and you wont be charged anymore. I'm pretty sure there is no prorated fees with Public.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@Celito67 wrote:

HI 

There last lost my cell and can't find a way to cancel my service ..its been a week now and still being charged 

Sorry for you @Celito67 

As mentionned above just take off your credit card in your self serve account. And your account will be closed number phone...after 90 days. But you can't have a refund...public mobile that's prepaid. Even if you don't use it you have to pay for it.

Dear @none12 

As I said, please keep an eye on the website, we are not going to let our legacy customers in the dark like that. And again, Public Mobile and Koodo are different (if someone answered with "Koodo" that's an unfortunate mistake, maybe he / she worked with them before). And finally, I can 100% guarantee that if there's tech issues they are handled by our own Public Mobile reps. Thanks, Alex (mod team)

Mayor / Maire

@none12 wrote:

@alex_md 

Most companies reward long time clients or legacy customers not try to get rid of them.

At least when it comes to communication / cable / etc. definitely not my experience.

As an existing customer with Public Mobile, you can take advantage of in-market offers without hassle (as long as it's not targeting new subscribers only). Getting good deals in today's cell phone market means keeping the flexibility to switch providers.

I know, I'm biased because the self serve model without phone customer support suits me personally better... But why would you insist on paying $45 "because I'm a loyal customer", if you get the same* plan for $25 - $2 auto pay reward - $4 loyalty reward now?? (Yes, as of March 18 you'll also get the rewards on the legacy plans, but it's still $20 more...)

* From personal experience: If you have a 1GB data allotment / month, you are not using it for HD streaming or online gaming (going through the 1GB in minutes), so LTE = LTE light (throttled to 3Mbps) for light users, which is totally adequate for social media, e-mail... Being on the Telus LTE network also ensures that calls on Skype, WhatsApp etc work very well.

@alex_md 

If youd like I can forward you the email I received from Koodo when I made a CCTS complaint as well as the Koodo employee name and ID.

Further I can forward you the name and direct line to the Telus level 2 or 3 tech support that assisted me with I was having connection issues.

@none12 it's ok, I believe you

didn't even know a call center existed

Mayor / Maire

@bh90210  a écrit :

didn't even know a call center existed

It's closed today! No more call center even if you are a legacy customer. It was just for them.